Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I am a respiratory therapist, specializing in the care of infants and children in the NICU or PICU who require mechanical ventilation.

Currently working as a day shift supervisor at The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK.
    thats hard... i dunno if i could do that everyday...
    But it would also have to be a rewarding job, at times.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am a respiratory therapist, specializing in the care of infants and children in the NICU or PICU who require mechanical ventilation.

Currently working as a day shift supervisor at The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK.
    Some of the people who I hold in highest regard were those in the NICU in Houston when my first daughter was born. She was born 6 weeks pre-mature and was handling that well, when at 2 weeks old caught the RSV virus, which just about took her from us.

She was on a ventilator for a few days. The people working in the NICU are saints, honestly.

This was over 20 years ago, she is in college now.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s

I have a buddy that does the same thing at the University of Iowa med center.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I work in quality and compliance for a major insurance company. So basically, I am either at my desk at home or out in the field climbing up on someone's roof or under their house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I work for a dewatering company . We remove water from the ground for construction needs , including rivers , lakes , streams , ponds , ....ext... and I like turtles !!!
    I'm a fisheries biologist, so go easy on the dewatering!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    thats hard... i dunno if i could do that everyday...
    I was part of Search and Rescue for close to 25 years, my last major recovery was in 30 feet of water, visibilty at about 3 inches, in a river flooded with spring snow melt. To this day, i can still feel those two lil boys hands as i tied them off to my harness and was pulled to the surface.
    in the course of my time doing that type of work i recovered 20 plus people, many of them kids. its why i walked away from it 10 years ago.. you can only do it for so long.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I run High Performance and Continously Available websites on IBM's behalf for a few of their customers. We are working on 10 years of continuous 100% availability for IBM - United States (the one customer I can publicly disclose). Specifically I make sure that all the infrastructure systems (network, servers, storage, etc) are all humming along stably under all conditions for the application(s) to function over top of it.

PS My commute has been about 50 ft for the last 10 years. Some days the commute is unbearable having to not step on the toys strewn about the living room. :-)
    Last edited by mauro1; 11/25/2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: PS added
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I am assistant principal at a high school in Indiana.
    I'm in my second year of getting a Mass Comm degree at the local jr. college.
    star!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I blow stuff up... with my mind!

And teach science and stuff, you know.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I blow stuff up... with my mind!

And teach science and stuff, you know.
    Cool, you blow up kids!
    I am an emergency room nurse. The male kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    I am an emergency room nurse. The male kind.
    I'm the Senior Systems Administrator for a visual effects company.

We just finished Tron. Wooo!
    I Am A Supervisor In UPS.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    i drive a forklift at a wooden playground company
    I am a law professor at Touro Law on Long Island in NY, running an institute for business, law and technology. I also am a part-time special counsel at a law firm, practicing technology business and privacy law. Oh, and I write for PreCentral. {Jonathan}
    RF Engineer for a military defense contractor on Long Island. Specializing in communication equipment for our country's best fighter jets. I'm pretty sure that's all I can say... =)
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast