Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    I work for HP. Seriously. I basically handle new computer deployment/installation for a nationwide bank.

But before anyone jumps on me, I know NOTHING about any plans for Palm or webOS 2.0 or any of that! I hunted on the intranet pages and couldn't find crap on it.
    at least you tried lol
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    City P&D driver, couple of weekly runs out of the city, but I'm home every night. After years of climbing cell phone towers, I decided climbing 350' in -20C just wasn't worth it anymore
    I work for a dewatering company . We remove water from the ground for construction needs , including rivers , lakes , streams , ponds , ....ext... and I like turtles !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Huh?!?

I understand what you do, but I don't take pics for a living and I take my own profile pics.
    all this time I thought you were taking photos of mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I work for a dewatering company . We remove water from the ground for construction needs , including rivers , lakes , streams , ponds , ....ext... and I like turtles !!!
    You cause the droughts?!?!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    all this time I thought you were taking photos of mirrors.
    lol
    I'm always afraid to post what I do, because I'm afraid people will judge me.

I work in IT at Sprint doing application development and support. I work on a bunch of applications that I had to take over as people left. I guess that makes me a dump. When those apps aren't surprising me with projects, I work on the internal and external coverage look-up applications. No, I don't control how strong it says the signal is in your area, I just display what's given to me on the map.

[big corporate disclaimer saying my statements are my statements and don't necessarily reflect the views of said corporation, etc, etc...]
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    lol
    Cool you got Mod privileges by the way.
    Congrats on your first shutdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Cool you got Mod privileges by the way.
    Congrats on your first shutdown.
    I dont play around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm always afraid to post what I do, because I'm afraid people will judge me.

I work in IT at Sprint doing application development and support. I work on a bunch of applications that I had to take over as people left. I guess that makes me a dump. When those apps aren't surprising me with projects, I work on the internal and external coverage look-up applications. No, I don't control how strong it says the signal is in your area, I just display what's given to me on the map.

[big corporate disclaimer saying my statements are my statements and don't necessarily reflect the views of said corporation, etc, etc...]
    Do you control how strong it says the signal is in my area?
    Do you control how strong it says the signal is in my area?
    Yes, but just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, but just you.
    cool
    I am one of two reservoir engineers for a very small (less than 8 employees) oilfield service company. We test wells for almost any operator you can think of, such as Chevron, BP, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, etc... and I analyze the data to help them determine causes of production issues, forecast reserves, etc...

We had our equipment out on BP's Gulf of Mexico incident in conjunction with Oceaneering's robotic submersible remote operated vehicles to monitor the pressures down there while the well was leaking.

Data Retrieval Corp
    I'm the guy that makes you all late for work , as i shut down lanes to perform my fiber-optic telecommunication engineering and splicing voo-doo just to make it possible for you to post here from your cell phones.
    I'm the guy that makes you all late for work , as i shut down lanes to perform my fiber-optic telecommunication engineering and splicing voo-doo just to make it possible for you to post here from your cell phones.
    Well that's better than the old lady driving 40 in the fast lane with the left blinker on that is usually making me late for work and hating my commute.
    my commute is less then 2 miles and normally at 4:30 am
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I work from home 3 days a week and my commute the other 2 days is about 15 mins....unless I stop for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    I work from home 3 days a week and my commute the other 2 days is about 15 mins....unless I stop for breakfast.
    Might as well stay home everyday lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't miss commuting!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Might as well stay home everyday lol
    They won't let us yet! We just moved up to 3 days at home a week from 2 days at the beginning of November...so we'll have to be content with that for a couple months at least. And then we start trying for 4 days.

Of course, it IS nice being in the office with people some of the time - we get a chance to socially interact and all that crap.