1.    #1  
    Has anyone here tried any of the new HP printers with the ePrint feature?

If so, how well does it work? Pros/cons? Some sort of "mini-review" if you can give one.

My old printer is about done for and am thinking of getting one of the ePrint devices to replace it.

Thanks! Jim
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    works great! just send doc, photo etc. from your phone computer anything that can send email. Your printer has its own email address. Just send to printer and it automatically prints and gives you a confirmation email back.
  3.    #3  
    So if it's, say, a Word document saved on your Pre, you just e-mail it as an attachment?

And does it print it properly, with all the formatting, etc.?

Also, what happens if the Printer is unplugged, offline, out of paper, etc.?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I also have one of the ePrint printers, and so far it has worked flawlessly. It's actually pretty awesome all you have to do is attach the file you want to print to the email message. I have printed a few Excel files and photos from my phone this way and they were formatted prefectly.

As far as what would happen if there is no paper or the printer is powered down. I have not tried this yet, but I assume that if there was no paper it will just que up the print job and print it out once the paper is refilled, and if the printer is offline I assume that HPs server will probably hold the job until the printer is back online and then send it. I'll try and experment with this when I get a chance.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    yes, I have the hp d110 which was $99 direct from hp including shipping. Initially there were problems rinting attachments, but recent hp server updates and firmware printer updates have straigtened alot out. I now have my hotmail accout setup to forward all mail to my hpeprint address. Works great.
    A few questions about these printers.
    -How good are these things at blocking spam? Or do they only print stuff from a whitelist of email addresses?
    -Does it only work with attachments, or will it print the email itself if there are no attachments?
    -If I wanted to print something from a web page, I'm thinking I would need one of those web-to-pdf type applications to convert it first, then email it to the printer. Correct?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    A few questions about these printers.
    -How good are these things at blocking spam? Or do they only print stuff from a whitelist of email addresses?
    -Does it only work with attachments, or will it print the email itself if there are no attachments?
    -If I wanted to print something from a web page, I'm thinking I would need one of those web-to-pdf type applications to convert it first, then email it to the printer. Correct?
    The printer can be setup with a whitelist of aproved email addresses, and email from anywhere else would be blocked. Aside from that the email address for the printer is so obscure that it would be extremely unlikely for anyone to ever stumble across it or guess it.

If I remember correctly you have the option to either have it print the e-mail message along with the attachments or just the attachments. For me I set mine to only print the actual attachments... and if I ever need to print an email I can just sent it as an attachment.

I have not tried printing any webpages but I assume that using a web-to-PDF program would most likely be the easiest way to do it.
    Palm User since 2004
  8.    #8  
    Is the ePrint device also able to attach to the computer via USB cable and print in the "traditional" fashion (direct from the PC)?

Also, can it do wireless printing (wifi or Bluetooth) from close to the printer (like in the same or next room) without utilizing the e-mail attachment method?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is the ePrint device also able to attach to the computer via USB cable and print in the "traditional" fashion (direct from the PC)?

Also, can it do wireless printing (wifi or Bluetooth) from close to the printer (like in the same or next room) without utilizing the e-mail attachment method?
    Yes(but it does not include the USB cable), and Yes(via WiFi). For all intents and purposes it is just a normal Wireless enabled Printer, the ePrint feature is just a bonus. I didn't acutually even knew it did that when I bought it I just needed a new printer. I don't remember the exact model number (I think it is a D110) but we picked it up at Best Buy on sale for $80 about 2 months ago.
    Palm User since 2004