Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I can get this out before this season begins, I just want to say the Patriots last year was a fantastic story. The playoffs were great. The Superbowl was beyond all logic. Simply amazing. Okay. Go Pats, 2003. :-)
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    So I can get this out before this season begins, I just want to say the Patriots last year was a fantastic story. The playoffs were great. The Superbowl was beyond all logic. Simply amazing. Okay. Go Pats, 2003. :-)
    Got any defensive linemen you can send our way? Tampa Bay is in desperate need!!!!!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by BudPritchard

Got any defensive linemen you can send our way? Tampa Bay is in desperate need!!!!!
    Don't know, but one of the best things about the pats is they are kind of assembled with spare parts. Their star qb was picked 198th in the draft, their star reciever 199th. Their running back was cut by the Bills. Others are well-past their prime or fresh-blood rookies. Ty Law, off the top of my head, is the only player that has been really good for a while, and is still really good. Just goes to show you what coaching can do.
    As an example of how the Patriots seem to do just enough to get by, check out this stat regarding last night's game: "Brady's three touchdown passes matched his total for the last eight games of last season, all of which New England won." Three touchdown passes in 8 games? And they won them all? There was also some crazy stat: the Patriots scored 3 offensive touchdowns last postseason. Winning the superbowl while averaging 1 offsensive touchdown a game. Wow.
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 09/10/2002 at 12:38 PM.
    Football? Football!!!!

Only one team in my heart:

LETS GO DENVER BRONCO'S!!!

Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by terrysalmi
    Football? Football!!!!

Only one team in my heart:

LETS GO DENVER BRONCO'S!!!

I like the Broncos. They are a good team. Their game this week way good too. :-)
  6.    #6  
    Okay, so I was a year too early. Go pats!
    GO PATS
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Blue Merlin
    GO PATS
    Oh yeah! My only complaint with the Pats is that they cannot win a game without giving fans a heart attack! Why can't I just turn the game off with 5 minutes left? Why must I have to stick around?

Of course the flip side of this is: when they are in a close game, I know they are going to win. When they were in Indy, 1st and goal at the 2 with under a minute left, and part of me just knew they were going to stop the Colts.

Think this is the start of a heated rivalry between the Colts and the Pats? To me, at least, they play completely different styles of football. The Colts are a ferocious offense, but little everywhere else. They score a whole lot of points and hope the defense holds. The Patriots have a good, not great offense. A good, not great defense. A good, not great special teams set. Through into that a GREAT, not good coaching staff, and it not only works, but it works well.

I'm glad to see them come here to Houston, but I cannot imagine paying those prices for tickets!
    GO PANTHERS!!!
    need i say more

<-------------------
    Oh yeah! My only complaint with the Pats is that they cannot win a game without giving fans a heart attack! Why can't I just turn the game off with 5 minutes left? Why must I have to stick around?

Of course the flip side of this is: when they are in a close game, I know they are going to win. When they were in Indy, 1st and goal at the 2 with under a minute left, and part of me just knew they were going to stop the Colts.
    You talk like you grew up with the New England teams, like I did Ever the underdogs, sometimes it seems like the Pats refuse to perform well unless their in the clutch. They have to be staring into the dark abyss before they'll pull the majic out of the bag! And the Red Sox ......

But seriously, I think the biggest reason is that they perform as a "whole" team. They earned this one.
    Go Pats, 2003. :-)
    Congrats: You are in the Super-Bowl!
    I suppose you will be cheering for the Red Sox this summer...
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by m00se

Congrats: You are in the Super-Bowl!
    I suppose you will be cheering for the Red Sox this summer...
    They broke my heart this last summer. :-( The way I see it, I have a good 50 years left on this planet, and one of those years, the sox are going to win the series!
    ...and one of those years, the sox are going to win the series!
    Yes, right after the Cubs win the series...
    -Mark Twain
  15.    #15  
    Most useless post ever:

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They broke my heart this last summer. :-( The way I see it, I have a good 50 years left on this planet, and one of those years, the sox are going to win the series!

I'm with you when it comes to the sox, I have at least 60 years left and i want to see them win it all!!!

And for the record, the only time my girlfriend ever saw me cry was at the end of Game 7. The sports gods owe boston fans!!!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Originally posted by bigredgpk

I'm with you when it comes to the sox, I have at least 60 years left and i want to see them win it all!!!

And for the record, the only time my girlfriend ever saw me cry was at the end of Game 7. The sports gods owe boston fans!!!
    Which game seven, there have been so many?

Go to whomever is playing the Pats.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Congrats KRamsauer!
    -Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I think it's about time that we bumb this thread up seeing how the Pats are going to tie the NFL win streak at 18. hehe

KRamsauer, are you from NE?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Most useless post ever:

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kurt...your comments are inciting and inflammatory. Please be civil.

GO BRONCOS!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast