IDK what to think of this.
    Porky Pee?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Bacon Soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Bacon-Flavored Soda Sizzles Onto Shelves

IDK what to think of this.
    If I see it, I might try using it as a marinade for ribs or other BBQ goodies.
    ..... Now you get increase your BMI and your bad cholesterol at the same time.... Might as well toss in some extra lard....

Yum.... Lard Soda......

If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I am a firm believer that certains types of ingestibles do not belong together, I don't care what the rationale may be. I would not try it, or any bacon candy, even if someone were giving it to me for free.

The closest I've gotten was trying the Jelly Belly Bertie Bots and even that is something I'll never do, again!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    So how do they make this? Collect bacon grease and add carbonation?

I thik I just made myself sick....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post

Yes! Bacon soda!

Great way to start a day. haha
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Following in the tradition of experimental fair foods, next year's confection will be deep-fried chocolate-dipped bacon strips.
    maybe it's just an extension of the (crazy?) idea that pork makes everything fancier.

prosciutto and melon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken cordon bleu...
    Following in the tradition of experimental fair foods, next year's confection will be deep-fried chocolate-dipped bacon strips.
    sadly, they've had this at the minnesota state fair for years.
    Then they'll wrap the deep fried candy bars in it

Bacon cotton candy....
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Maybe if we just ban bacon, then this will stop.... either that, or we will create black market bacon that hasn't gone through the FDA.......
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

it falls under the catch-all of 'artificial flavoring', not by adding actual bacon.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

bacon is everywhere...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    maybe it's just an extension of the (crazy?) idea that pork makes everything fancier.

prosciutto and melon, bacon wrapped scallops, chicken cordon bleu...
    Fancier, I don't know but better, yes! Having said that, I'm going to reserve judgment on this one. Not that I doubt a bacon soda could be great but they may ruin the bacon flavor with the other, non-pork derived ingredients. I mean, all the bacon in the world won't make Diet Coke taste good.
    It just shows that we are wasting our creativity on things like bacon-flavored everything instead of more prevalent things....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    It just shows that we are wasting our creativity on things like bacon-flavored everything instead of more prevalent things....
    Like organically grown vegtables and free range meats... CURSE YOU FDA!!
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  19.    #20  
    lol...

Bacon-Infused Bourbon

Bacon makes everything better. That includes alcohol, especially bourbon, which pairs incredibly well with cured pork. The caramel undercurrents act like maple syrup and match up nicely with the richness and smoke of the bacon while the whiskey's spice brings it all together. It's a nice winter treat – the warmth of the bourbon and smoky bacon going a long way toward making a mug of hot chocolate like manna from heaven. To put your own bottle together you'll need:

-750 mL bottle of good bourbon

-1lb bacon

-A pitcher with a wide mouth

-Fine mesh strainer

-Coffee filters

Start by frying or baking the bacon and reserve all of the grease. Unless you're a fan of bourbon that tastes like charcoal, don't burn it. Strain the grease and allow it to cool. Once cool, pour it into the pitcher with the bourbon and give the mixture a good stir. Put the whole mess into the freezer for a few hours or overnight and pass the time by chowing down on your pound of cooked bacon. When cold, the grease will float to the top and form a solid cap on the liquid. Pull the solids out and discard, then strain the liquid. It'll keep in the fridge for about two to three weeks. You can use this same process on tequila, which makes for a spectacular variation on a Bloody Mary.
    How to Make Bacon Bourbon and Other Flavorful Spirits - FoxNews.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast