Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I had this done at this past Tuesday at a local tattoo shop.



    It is a shutter of a camera open. I have not decided if it is a work in progress, or if I'll leave it at that.

    Comments are welcome!
  2. #2  
    Would I be a complete jerk in pointing out that it's actually an aperture, not a shutter?

    Sorry couldn't resist. An actual shutter would actually make a pretty lame tat, but I'm liking that design. It's a little tough to say whether you should add to it or leave it as is. The hard part is deciding where to go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  3. #3  
    He could do each piece in multi-colors, but that might look a little gay or girlie.
  4. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #4  
    def gay...leave it as is for about a year IMO. then make a decision. tats take time to settle in
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  5. #5  
    Could be worse. A guy once showed me his new Yogi Bear tattoo after commenting on mine.

    All I could do is stare in disbelief and say "that's nice".
  6. #6  
    thats funny dathomas , but i would maybe put an eye behind the closing shutters ?? idk just a thought !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats funny dathomas , but i would maybe put an eye behind the closing shutters ?? idk just a thought !
    Yea, definitely a work in progress with a good starting concept. I would fill in the shutter pieces, maybe metal shaded, and put something behind it as the focus of the picture being taken. Ask an artist or GOOD tattoo artist to come up with some mock-ups.
  8. #8  
    Idea: Just fill out one of the parts.
    People will keep bugging you for the rest of your life you missed a few spots.
  9. #9  
    I have two custom tattoos, first I had one done from the picture of a cat I used to have, then the same tattoo artist custom designed a floral vine to wrap underneath and partially up the sides, because a cat face just floating there seemed kind of strange.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10. #10  
    I think it looks fine the way it is, no need to add anything to it. To add to that particular design would make it look cluttered and confused.

    Take Rkguy's advice.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Would I be a complete jerk in pointing out that it's actually an aperture, not a shutter?

    Sorry couldn't resist. An actual shutter would actually make a pretty lame tat, but I'm liking that design. It's a little tough to say whether you should add to it or leave it as is. The hard part is deciding where to go from there.
    If I were anyone else I'd probably call you a jerk, but I thank you for correcting me. After reading your comment I decided to educate myself on the internals of a camera, I know a lot more now than I did before, so thank you for clearing that up.

    My last tattoo took a month and a half before it was completely healed, I hope the same turn around time for this one, but if not I have other ideas I can move to. My next will be an eighth music note, I am still working on a design for that.

    Thank you for the input so far everyone!
  12. #12  
    Yours is just the right size to not fill it in.
    I generally don't like big outline tattoos because those look like someone just wanted a big piece without wasting to much time or money.

    Reason for my previous post is I have this upperarm creature with a shade running into a fat line, and people have bored me to dead asking if that supposed to be like that.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 11/07/2010 at 10:49 AM.
  13. Delight33's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #13  
    Anyone that has or thinks of getting inked is their own personal choice. The ink that they choose to get is something that represents their personality or something special to them. I think your ink is cool and if you choose to mortify it in any way you are the one that has to like it not anyone else. I have 9 tats and do not care what anyone else thinks of them.
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
  14. #14  
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    If I were anyone else I'd probably call you a jerk, but I thank you for correcting me. After reading your comment I decided to educate myself on the internals of a camera, I know a lot more now than I did before, so thank you for clearing that up.

    My last tattoo took a month and a half before it was completely healed, I hope the same turn around time for this one, but if not I have other ideas I can move to. My next will be an eighth music note, I am still working on a design for that.

    Thank you for the input so far everyone!
    Just to be clear, it is an aperture, but that's a good thing. Most people will look at that and know that it's part of a camera. Most photographers will look and see an aperture, and a well drawn one, which is also cool. Most non-photographers will think it's a shutter, which is also cool because it's what you were thinking. All in all, it's a good design as a starting point or on it's own. Also, like I said, and actual shutter would make a really stupid tattoo, and completely fail to carry the idea.

    All that being said, let me vote against putting an eye behind it, or anything else for that matter. If it was my tat, I'd fill the blades in black, or silver-edged black as they can wear to over time and call it good. If you really want a through the lens image behind it, take your time in choosing. If you're not careful it will just end up looking like the barrel rifling from the intro to the James Bond movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delight33 View Post
    Anyone that has or thinks of getting inked is their own personal choice. The ink that they choose to get is something that represents their personality or something special to them. I think your ink is cool and if you choose to mortify it in any way you are the one that has to like it not anyone else. I have 9 tats and do not care what anyone else thinks of them.
    I currently have 42 tats.. Granted I was drunk at the time and I gave the guy a sheet of a connect the dots game that wasn't even filled so even now I try figuring it out so I can get the design filled in.. But I may in fact be mortified by the result as you have no clue how my mind wanders when I'm drunk.. It's like I'm babbling on and on and on about something that doesn't really have a point.

    All in all I like james bond and vote with shane about the eye.

    regards,



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre2 using Forums Beta
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I currently have 42 tats.. Granted I was drunk at the time and I gave the guy a sheet of a connect the dots game that wasn't even filled so even now I try figuring it out so I can get the design filled in.. But I may in fact be mortified by the result as you have no clue how my mind wanders when I'm drunk.. It's like I'm babbling on and on and on about something that doesn't really have a point.

    All in all I like james bond and vote with shane about the eye.

    regards,



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre2 using [url= Beta[/url]

    LMFAO! Finish the connect the dots, but only when drunk!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!

Posting Permissions