Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Maybe Im just being nostalgic or maybe a little high (or both), but I really miss my good ole' flip phone. Its not neccessarily the phone itself I miss, but just the time period of the phone. You know the time where you werent glued to your phone? Where you had a phone with "apps", but most of them worked about as well as a turd in a punch bowl? We never wanted to use them, they were a waste of time. I just find myself burried in my phone a lot of the day... checking email, text messages, social networks. P|C, etc. I know when I got to work and get in the elevator at any given moment 80% of the people on that elevator are using their phone is some form or fashion. All my old RIM phone at time did was make and answer phone calls And at a when cell phone calls usually worked pretty well. At least I dont remember dropping near as many calls when data usuage on a cell phone was ground breaking. I just miss the freedom thats all.

Now this isnt a knock on technology or anything alike. I mean technology supports my family... I love it! I just miss ... the simplicity of a certain small piece of technology.. nothing else.

Is there something from way back when that you miss?
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Speed Racer cartoons! Sorry, but you asked!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Haha! I miss dem toos as well as Looney Toons.

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Nothing beat a Saturday morning in late 70's and early 80's!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Merry Melodies and Looney Toons babysat me for years on saturday mornings until around 10:30

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    I used to set an alarm to make sure I was up and didn't miss my favorites.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Which were?

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Speed Racer, Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Transformers! Followed by poorly dubbed Kung-** movies in the afternoon! Kids today don't have it as good.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Come on! You can't say EFF YOU?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Regarding the OP: believe it or not, I kinda missed real buttons. Not QWERTY buttons, but your standard dial pad with the navigation buttons (D-pad and Talk/End keys), on a candy-bar phone (instead of a flip). You made me think nostalgically of my Sprint TP-2200 and my Sanyo SCP-4900.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Transformers! Followed by poorly dubbed Kung-** movies in the afternoon! Kids today don't have it as good.
    I remember watching those Kung-Foo movies! I thought those and Bruce Lee were awesome!
    I watched Godzilla, Gamera and Mothra!
    I never got into the monster movies much, altho I remember watching some of them. I liked Scooby-Doo, Smurfs, Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Wonder Twins, another cartoon with Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in it (I can't remember the name of the cartoon), Planet of the Apes and the original Land of the Lost. There was also a short-lives cartoon series called Dungeons & Dragons that I enjoyed while it was on...

Edit: I forgot to include The Muppet Show!! LOL Of course, that was on in the evenings, but I always enjoyed it and I wish they'd bring that kind of clean humor back.
    The Land of the Lost movie SUCKED! They ruined it!!!

I also liked Knight Rider and Blue Thunder, though it wasn't on for long.