Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    So I'm sitting in line waiting for the kinect pur my kids' request and I'm sitting and reading some reviews, since they are allowed to post now. I must say I think I'm making a good choice. Every review I have read from anyone grading it on what it is as of right now (family perepherial) are raving about it. I'm most stoked that now maybe I can get my wife to play a game or two with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    So I'm sitting in line waiting for the kinect pur my kids' request and I'm sitting and reading some reviews, since they are allowed to post now. I must say I think I'm making a good choice. Every review I have read from anyone grading it on what it is as of right now (family perepherial) are raving about it. I'm most stoked that now maybe I can get my wife to play a game or two with me.
    My son just walked in from his job at Best Buy and they were demoing it for the last 2 hours. He said it's pretty awesome and you get a good workout. He's manager over that department and has played every game and every device know to man and he's excited about it so I'd say good move by you...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I think it looks pretty interesting, I'm gunna wait it out tho and see how it looks after being out for awhile before considering.

I do have to say that it is the most innovative tech to have come out of Ms. In a long time. From what I hear, to software that runs it is incredibly sophisticated.
    Honestly, no one, not even my son, could pay me to wait in line like that for anything!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Honestly, no one, not even my son, could pay me to wait in line like that for anything!
    you don't know how much I love my kids then. I went through basic training at ft. Benning georgia for them when I was to young to provide for them properly cause I was stupid and had kids before I got my education.
    I didn't say a word about you and how much you love your kids, nothing even close to that in my post. I said I wouldn't do it. No need to be defensive and tempermental.
    When kinect was first announced, I thought it was a poorly exercised, good idea. But seeing some of the finished product, i'm really surprised at how well it turned out. I'm a little disappointed that all of the software for it so 'friendly', but if your looking for a game that will keep you/your kids active, this is clearly the system to have.
    Having read some of the reviews I think it looks like its going to be great for the family / party games but I'm still waiting to see how it handle the more traditional gamer games, which I think is where the Move has the major advantage at the moment.

Out of all of it I think its the software that's the most impressive, it sounds like its quite a bit ahead of anything similar in terms of consumer grade motion capture and recognition, especially if it uses less than 10% of the processing power as has been claimed.
    you can also use hand motions to start or stop movies.pretty cool. I won't wait inline for it,but I can wait a week or so so I can just walk into a store and buy it without waiting.
    I get what you mean,i have 3 kids,i love them to death,but if they can't wait a week for something like this,then I failed somewhere in my teachings.
    Mine shipped last night. I better get it today! I'm going to play it for the weekend and if I don't like it I will take it back. But I wouldn't stand in line if I had kids. Your kids must be spoiled
    Nothing wrong w/ standing in line for your kids. I don't think it neccisarily = spoiling them.

Sometimes you just wanna see that awsome look on their faces when they get something early.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I get what you mean,i have 3 kids,i love them to death,but if they can't wait a week for something like this,then I failed somewhere in my teachings.
    Yep! If other people want to do it, that's fine and up to them. However, my son would be the first to say it's not that important.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I didn't say a word about you and how much you love your kids, nothing even close to that in my post. I said I wouldn't do it. No need to be defensive and tempermental.
    I wasn't meaning to be defensive or tempermental, I was actually laughing while I wrote the post. Sorry if it came across that way. Oh and they didn't ask me to do it. I am just doing it as a surprise. We don't have much money and I thought it would be nice to actually be surprised and be one of the first kids on the block with something for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I wasn't meaning to be defensive or tempermental, I was actually laughing while I wrote the post. Sorry if it came across that way. Oh and they didn't ask me to do it. I am just doing it as a surprise. We don't have much money and I thought it would be nice to actually be surprised and be one of the first kids on the block with something for once.
    No problem. And that's awesome of you, I bet they'll really enjoy it.