Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nancy Pelosi your 15 minutes is up!
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    lol
    If republicans come back, I will pay less taxes I loved Bush for cutting taxes, I say Bush could have been our president for next 30 years. Few more wars, less taxes and more money for me.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    If republicans come back, I will pay less taxes I loved Bush for cutting taxes, I say Bush could have been our president for next 30 years. Few more wars, less taxes and more money for me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    lol
    Dan
    too bad that only one third of the senate is up for election today. Otherwise we could clean out most of the bums out at the same time!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    nancy pelosi, just the name makes me cringe! She looks talk and acts like a witch. I can't stand to see her in the background when obama is speaking and seeing that face grinning from ear to ear like she's staring at Jesus or something. I can't wait! Even if I was a dem I could not see me brining myself to remotely like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    too bad that only one third of the senate is up for election today. Otherwise we could clean out most of the bums out at the same time!
    Indeed. Especially since the momentum isn't going to be anywhere near as high 2 years from now when people realize they didn't change anything by following the frenzy.
    hopefully the republicans will offer a decent candidate in two years, and not another lame mcain or dole train wreck.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/02/2010 at 02:48 PM.
    better be some good candidates for sure republicans rule the world !! ḶŦ
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hopefully the republicans will offer a decent candudate in two years, and not another lame mcain or dole train wreck.
    I don't really see who. None of the "electable" options really fire up the primary base right now because the options that do fire up the base don't appeal to the majority of moderates. That may change in two years if things have cooled but the only way for things to actually cool would be for these people to stop making so many over the top statements like they have been the last two years.
    I think JC Watts is the right person for the job.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    hopefully the republicans will offer a decent candidate in two years, and not another lame mcain or dole train wreck.
    I dunno. The way this stuff usually works is that Obama will be forced to swing to moderate. The economy will improve, and then he'll be pretty set for a second term. Only if the economy is still a fail will a repub knock him out, no matter how good the candidate is.

This is what happened with Clinton. History repeats.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't really see who. None of the "electable" options really fire up the primary base right now because the options that do fire up the base don't appeal to the majority of moderates. That may change in two years if things have cooled but the only way for things to actually cool would be for these people to stop making so many over the top statements like they have been the last two years.

The only guy I see that would make any headway with both the Republican base and the moderates is Chris Christie - he is fiscally conservative but quite reasonable when it comes to issues such as immigration, civil unions, and the environment. At least from my perspective as a rational conservative.

As a straight shooter who isn't afraid to call BS when he sees it it will be a nice change too.

All that been said, I also think Obama will benefit from having a Republican Congress to serve as a check against moving too far from center, so 2012 may be a bust for a Republican President. It was pointed out a few weeks ago that in September of 1994, Bill Clinton had a lower approval rating at the than Obama did in September of 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I dunno. The way this stuff usually works is that Obama will be forced to swing to moderate. The economy will improve, and then he'll be pretty set for a second term. Only if the economy is still a fail will a repub knock him out, no matter how good the candidate is.

Another way history repeats is that 2nd terms are never as good as the first (just like movie sequels)...

Name the last president who didn't have a crappy second term. Even Reagan had problems. Clinton, Bush, Nixon... all had train wrecks in their second term. I wish that presidential terms were 6 years with no chance to be re-elected...

If the 'Bamster actually moves off the progressive left track (i.e. not just read it from the TOTUS) I will root for the Cubs. Not gonna happen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Another way history repeats is that 2nd terms are never as good as the first (just like movie sequels)...

Name the last president who didn't have a crappy second term. Even Reagan had problems. Clinton, Bush, Nixon... all had train wrecks in their second term. I wish that presidential terms were 6 years with no chance to be re-elected...
    Meh... Clinton's second term was marred because of his personal flaws. The economy was rocking along, whether you blame him for it or not. The internet bubble didn't pop until the very end of his second term.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I agree that Chris Christie would be amazing.
    Meh... Clinton's second term was marred because of his personal flaws. The economy was rocking along, whether you blame him for it or not. The internet bubble didn't pop until the very end of his second term.
    that's true, just as it was with Reagan. My point is that once they are re-elected, they either turn off their brains or the brains of their advisors.

Clinton got into "personal trouble" while the govt was shut down over a budget impass. Reagan got in to trouble when his advisors got him in to arms-for-hostages and such. Bush got in to trouble when he decided to outspend the dems with entitlements instead of remembering he was supposed to be winning his wars. Nixon got in to trouble covering up illegal activities by his re-election team.

Once there is no pressure to be re-elected, they seem to become completely ********. If a president had a successful second term, it was before I was born - and I'm an oooold fart.
    I agree that Chris Christie would be amazing.
    I've never heard of him, so that's 10 points in his favor. We need a new crop of politicians that have held real jobs...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast