Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 112 of 112
  1. #101  
    over or about 200 billion in since 05 alone in space exploration. So that would equal about 1/4 of the bill
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Actually the House had to vote for the Senate bill because of the slight shift in the Senate. After that, regardless of what compromises
    were made the Republicans were never going to let a revised HCR bill up for vote.
    And what was it again that shifted in the Senate? A lost seat (in Mass no less) to some one who ran on opposing HCR. I'll stand by "ramming" as being appropriate.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    From my (and millions of others') perspective, had the HCR bill truly been "rammed," it would have had many fewer compromises and
    giveaways to eke out single votes from single senators. In fact, if you drill down to that oft-quoted "70% oppose the
    health care bill"
    CNN survey, a solid
    percentage were opposed because the
    bill didn't go far enough. 51%
    actually wanted a public option, which
    wasn't in the final bill.
    {Jonathan}

    See above


    ETA Couldn't get a Public option cause
    it would have never passed the Senate. Hence the "ramming"

    Take comfort thou, maybe that 51% is to thank for sending 60 more Republicans to the House.
    Last edited by cjgem; 11/03/2010 at 03:45 PM.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    And what was it again that shifted in the Senate? A lost seat (in Mass no less) to some one who ran on opposing HCR. I'll stand by "ramming" as being appropriate.
    You know that theory might hold more weight if he had come from a state that didn't have its own healthcare system in place that would have resulted in more of an overlap with the Federal plan rather then an addition to what would be happening in the state.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Wrong. Obama cut taxes, exactly as he said he would during the campaign. The vast majority of working Americans get more in their paycheck. Just because you didn't notice doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    The reason a lot of people apparently didn't notice is that, as Obama has said, he did it economically correctly and politically incorrectly, i.e., instead of handing out checks like Bush did, it was given to people in their pay to ensure that it would be spent to stimulate the economy rather than saved.

    Handing out checks gets political points, but doesn't work in a recession as well as giving people more cash in their paycheck.

    Just sayin'.
    I just checked my fed tax rate *Federal Tax Withholding/Gross Income* My rate went from 15.5% in '08 to %15.6 in '09 and '10) I certainly don't make over $250k. If my numbers are correct, is my math wrong?
  6. #106  
    obama cut taxes based on the pre-bush rates. so first he rases it back to higher rates, then gives a small part of that back and calls it a cut. taxpayers are tired of the games.

    btw, here is a great use of tax money. if the govt can't be responsible with small amounts, what will they do with all that health care money:

    A Billboard That Advertises Nothing But Clean Air | Co.Design
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You know that theory might hold more weight if he had come from a state that didn't have its own healthcare system in place that would have resulted in more of an overlap with the Federal plan rather then an addition to what would be happening in the state.

    No theory involved. When he won it forced the Senate bill on the house and back to the Senate before he was confirmed. again "rammed" sound pretty fair.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

    btw, here is a great use of tax money. if the govt can't be responsible with small amounts, what will they do with all that health care money:

    A Billboard That Advertises Nothing But Clean Air | Co.Design
    We have yet to see just how well these newbie Congressmen are going to do with expenditures. They aren't off to a great start with the amount of money spend on JUST campaigning this year. That alone should make people a little leering of letting them manage our tax money but then again, they have an "R" next to their name instead of a "D"...
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    We have yet to see just how well these newbie Congressmen are going to do with expenditures. They aren't off to a great start with the amount of money spend on JUST campaigning this year. That alone should make people a little leering of letting them manage our tax money but then again, they have an "R" next to their name instead of a "D"...
    I agree. if they start earmarking (pork) it's game over.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree. if they start earmarking (pork) it's game over.
    Does not inspire confidence....

    Shep Smith Grills John Runyan | | Mediaite
  11. #111  
  12. #112  
    Fun Fact: While you can only be elected twice as a president, You can serve 10 years of presidency
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions