Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I can't believe we still have Reid, Boxer, and that now we Brown got elected in California. I'm not so sure having the House is enough, because Reid will just bottleneck any meaningful legislation in the Senate. If it does happen to get passed, Obama will just veto.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the Reid and Boxer wins. They throw garbage at the wall and people were expecting it to stick? Blinding rage can only take you so far before people start seeing things more clearly.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the Reid and Boxer wins. They throw garbage at the wall and people were expecting it to stick? Blinding rage can only take you so far before people start seeing things more clearly.
    Boxer has been throwing garbage for years and it seems to be sticking so... maybe she just has a stickier brand of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I can't believe we still have Reid, Boxer, and that now we Brown got elected in California. I'm not so sure having the House is enough, because Reid will just bottleneck any meaningful legislation in the Senate. If it does happen to get passed, Obama will just veto.
    that's why they rammed healthcare deform (pun intended) throughlike they did - they knew the opposition would be able to get the whitehouse and a supermajority in time to repeal it.

I just hope the freaking conservatives stick to principles and earn anotjer landslide in 2012.

litmus test #1: NO MORE EARMARKS (aka pork) in any legislation. That stuff is just criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Are you seriously lamenting bottleneck in the Senate now? By the Democrats? After the last 18 months with the "Party of No" in both chambers? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Are you seriously lamenting bottleneck in the Senate now? By the Democrats? After the last 18 months with the "Party of No" in both chambers? {Jonathan}
    bottleneck is better than bankruptcy. I don't want them to pass any more spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's why they rammed healthcare deform (pun intended) throughlike they did - they knew the opposition would be able to get the whitehouse and a supermajority in time to repeal it.

I just hope the freaking conservatives stick to principles and earn anotjer landslide in 2012.

litmus test #1: NO MORE EARMARKS (aka pork) in any legislation. That stuff is just criminal.
    How can you describe months of debate, commissions, endless discussion and town halls as "rammed...through"? At a minimum, the timeframe goes from the introduction of the House bill in June 2009 through the signing of the final joint bill into law by President Obama in March 2010, although one could probably trace the process even further back to the 2009 State of the Union address in January. It's just not true. As with much of the rhetoric that drove the election results last night, the "rammed through" meme is common but simply divorced from reality. {Jonathan}
    Last edited by Jonathan I Ezor; 11/03/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    bottleneck is better than bankruptcy. I don't want them to pass any more spending.
    So, no more military, no more homeland security, no more SEC or FTC or FDA protecting consumers, no FBI, no VA, no Medicare...

Saying you don't want "any more spending" covers a whole lot of things. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    How can you describe months of debate, commissions, endless discussion and town halls as "rammed...through"? At a minimum, the timeframe goes from the introduction of the House bill in June 2009 through the signing of the final joint bill into law by President Obama in March 2010, although one could probably trace the process even further back to the 2009 State of the Union address in January. It's just not true. As with much of the rhetoric that drove the election results last night, the "rammed through" meme is common but simply divorced from reality. {Jonathan}
    I think "rammed" is an appropriate word for how the Health Care bill we ended up with came to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    I think "rammed" is an appropriate word for how the Health Care bill we ended up with came to be.
    From my (and millions of others') perspective, had the HCR bill truly been "rammed," it would have had many fewer compromises and giveaways to eke out single votes from single senators. In fact, if you drill down to that oft-quoted "70% oppose the health care bill" CNN survey, a solid percentage were opposed because the bill didn't go far enough. 51% actually wanted a public option, which wasn't in the final bill. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I say eliminate spending on space exploration . And we'll have enough to pay off 1/4 of what we owe real quick . Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I say end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and we would have enough money to fix the healthcare, economy and send man to Mars. Infact we have left over to even fix the social security and medicare.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I say end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and we would have enough money to fix the healthcare, economy and send man to Mars. Infact we have left over to even fix the social security and medicare.
    we've spent 10 time what we've spent on that war on space exploration in the same amount of time.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    we've spent 10 time what we've spent on that war on space exploration in the same amount of time.
    Its other way around, 1 trillion on war and 10 billion on space in last 10 years
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I doubt that seriously
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    Actually a more appropriate word would be "drifted". This bill just kind of drifted through collecting Republican compromises while gaining no support from Republicans for doing so.

You need to give proper credit. You could call it "rammed" through if it had actually been "rammed" through in a far less compromised state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Actually a more appropriate word would be "drifted". This bill just kind of drifted through collecting Republican compromises while gaining no support from Republicans for doing so.

You need to give proper credit. You could call it "rammed" through if it had actually been "rammed" through in a far less compromised state.
    those compromises were done to get enough dems to vote for it. and even then they had to vote on the senate bill because they couldn't come up with anything they could get all the dems in the house to go for.
    those compromises were done to get enough dems to vote for it. and even then they had to vote on the senate bill because they couldn't come up with anything they could get all the dems in the house to go for.
    Actually the House had to vote for the Senate bill because of the slight shift in the Senate. After that, regardless of what compromises were made the Republicans were never going to let a revised HCR bill up for vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Its other way around, 1 trillion on war and 10 billion on space in last 10 years
    Be honest. The space shuttle program alone has an estimated cost of about $29 billion over the last 5 years.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast