Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    um, the 'maming work pay' credit reduced what they deducted from my pay, but it didn't change the tax rates - so it basically meant that my refund was just smaller. That's what we call creative accounting. That's the sort of nonsense that's getting the dems thrown out today.

and any 'cuts' were calculated based on tax rates BEFORE the bush cuts. So it could be less than before, but more than after, and still be called a cut. Ya see what they did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    um, the 'maming work pay' credit reduced what they deducted from my pay, but it didn't change the tax rates - so it basically meant that my refund was just smaller. That's what we call creative accounting. That's the sort of nonsense that's getting the dems thrown out today.

and any 'cuts' were calculated based on tax rates BEFORE the bush cuts. So it could be less than before, but more than after, and still be called a cut. Ya see what they did there?
    Again, wrong. It's a credit against your taxes owed. Total. If you owed $400 after doing your 1040, after the credit, you'd owe $0. The withholding adjustment makes it less likely you'll overpay by that amount and have to wait for the refund. It was a new tax credit and therefore lowered the taxes most of us paid. We kept more of our own money. Isn't that a good thing? {Jonathan}
    if that were true it would he a good thing.
    Maybe you're all voting for the wrong person. Notice what someone said.

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012..
    HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3). When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't getting nuttin out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6). Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... For life.

(8). Crime -- We will adopt the Turkish method, I.e., the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more 'life sentences'. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9). One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10). All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12). The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes ..... Nevertheless....

Sincerely, Unknown
    Last edited by PREferred; 11/03/2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: To adjust to new info given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if that were true it would he a good thing.
    The IRS says it's true. {Jonathan}
    Making Work Pay was such a weak tax credit. $400 spread over approx 10 months in 2009, or about $40/month. This was one of the cheapest political banter tax cuts in a long time.

Politicians running around yelling "I gave you a tax cut! You better thank me and give me campaign contributions and don't forget to vote for me!"

Wow, thank you SOOO much for ALLOWING me to keep $10/week of MY money!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Making Work Pay was such a weak tax credit. $400 spread over approx 10 months in 2009, or about $40/month. This was one of the cheapest political banter tax cuts in a long time.

Politicians running around yelling "I gave you a tax cut! You better thank me and give me campaign contributions and don't forget to vote for me!"

Wow, thank you SOOO much for ALLOWING me to keep $10/week of MY money!

it didnt even do that.

what they did was, let you keep $10, but then added that $10 to the national deficit which we will now pay heavy interest on to the fed reserve. we'll most likely pay for it with another loan for double interest and so on. and devalued your money and inflated costs.

so that $10 he let you keep a week for 2009, you'll get to pay $10 a week for the next 10 years.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    btw, anyone who defends anything what congress or the president has done in the last 2 years is a friggin moron. anyone that defends bush, obama, reagan, clinton, etc.....go all the way back to woodrow wilson....is a friggin moron as well.
    Last edited by 65fastback; 11/02/2010 at 08:12 PM.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    republicans rule the world !!! LOOT !! lol ltm ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    btw, anyone who defends anything what congress or the president has done in the last 2 years is a friggin moron. anyone that defends bush, obama, reagan, clinton, etc.....go all the way back to woodrow wilson....is a friggin moron as well.

I think you meant to say "friggin moran".

Heh, and I thought I was cynical about politicians!

I see pandas.
    I agree almost completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I think you meant to say "friggin moran".

that's funny right there
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Except that...most of us have paid lower taxes since President Obama took office. And the U.S. has a lower deficit. And the markets are much higher. (Details here.) And it was the Bush Administration that built an expiration date into its tax cuts, and Republicans in Congress who have blocked efforts to extend those tax cuts for all but the top income of the top earners (who *still* benefit from lower rates on the first $250k of their income if the cuts are extended).

Now you may be one of those few very wealthy folks, or a company owner who has moved employees and income offshore, or a member of one of those other groups that benefit from the middle-class-killing policies of the Bush Administration. If so, your statement might be true, but then again, given how badly the entire economy was doing in the final two years of the Bush Administration (and how few net jobs were created during Bush's first term, a fact many forget), it likely isn't.

By the way, at what point do all the favors earned by the publicly undisclosed (but hardly anonymous to the recipients) donors to Crossroads GPS and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for anti-Democratic advertisements this season become due? At what cost to the rest of us? {Jonathan}

Ahh Jon you are so naive! I say the only way to save the economy and MY retirement is war with Iran, we cant let them be a nuclear state, plus it would bring peace in middle east with Sadam and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gone from the world.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 11/02/2010 at 09:26 PM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    The point of the link to DailyKos was to allow you to then read the sources provided by and linked to in that article. Such as the Congressional Budget Office. And the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Unless you consider those biased. {Jonathan}
    It would have been nice to see the sources linked in your post instead of the article. I didn't really read much past the first paragraph and bullet points - DailyKos, like DailyBeast, automatically gets clicked off as I have little patience for partisan diatribe on either site. In all seriousness, my bad for not looking to the sources.

$125 billion less is less for sure, but the deficit is still going to be about $1.3 trillion - way too high. Such a deficit would have been marginally acceptable (very marginally) to me if the largest portion of the deficit - the Stimulus Bill - actually worked but it didn't do what is was meant to do. Also when you take a look at the CBO's projected budget deficits over the next 10 years, another $1 billion in '11 and $650 billion in '12 before dropping to a steady $500 billion/year (give or take) through 2020, the picture may be brighter - but thats like saying dark gray is brighter than black. Less than 2009 and 2010 but still way too high, no matter what Party is in power. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/108xx/doc...26-Outlook.pdf See page 14.

You may want to take a look at the above $250K taxes too. If you are business owner - specifically a LLC or S-Corp - if your business makes $1,000,000 profit, even if you only take out $100K in salary you are taxed at the $1,000,000. The extra money paid to the government in the taxes is money the business no longer has to expand and hire retain employees. Its one thing to consider a top bracket tax increase when times are good (even something I could agree with - the rates under Clinton were fine with me) but to increase taxes on these business when you are trying to spur job growth is not a smart plan.
    Last edited by solarus; 11/03/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    I think it it 'trillion'...
    I'm disappointed about Feingold losing, he was the one real voice for the people in the Senate and for campaign reform. He actually embodied what the Tea Party "claimed" to be for especially compared to his opponent.
    I just can't believe harry reid and barbara boxer were re-ekected. That's a****ng
    well the dems got their **** handed to them in this round .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast