Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Happy Election Day everyone! Regardless of your political affiliation, I hope everyone in our P|C community has studied the issues and candidates and is ready to get out and participate in the democratic process.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.
    They all stink.

(The politicians, not the Pre|C community)
    just remember that for any of you that don't vote...that makes my vote count extra...
    As relevant for any election anywhere in the world, could those of you who are allowed to vote but won't, shut up for a couple of years?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    They all stink.

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I would say a large number of them do but not all of them. Plus, what are your alternatives? If you live in a democratic country and you don't participate you rely completely on whatever your fellow countrymen decide for you. Or you could live in a non-democratic country. Neither of those options particularly appeals to me.

As little as your vote counts, at least it counts. Not only that but you have some influence on your family, friends, and colleagues so it's not necessarily just that single vote you get to cast that makes a difference.
    You know, technically not voting can also be a voting method. If none of the candidates are worth voting for then going to vote is about the same as not voting, except you wasted paper and fuel to do the former.
    I think they should always have a ballot entry for none-of-the-above. If noneoftheabove wins, they have to do it over with new candidates.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You know, technically not voting can also be a voting method. If none of the candidates are worth voting for then going to vote is about the same as not voting, except you wasted paper and fuel to do the former.
    Even if you think that neither of the candidates will, at minimum, be the lesser of two evils, there are still the measures and propositions, boards, judges, etc.
    time to go vote in some republicans !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    +1
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    at least they don't shoot at us when we try to vote . And we don't have to look over our shoulders and wonder if someone planted a car bomb at the next car we pass as we go to vote !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Election day? Wha... ?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Election day? Wha... ?
    are you voting for obama again ?? Lol ltm ltmlol sorry just messin ha ha lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    our system of government is outdated. Everyone is so hell bent on stopping everyone else in their tracks that nothing gets done. Winning parties should be given a year to execute their agenda unopposed, and if the people don't like it,kick em out and get a new team in there
    Um, no. A year unopposed will give way to much power to a single party and create way too many problems.

I voted.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    +1
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Yep, time to perpetuate the cycle.
    I voted early last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    They all stink.

especially in the race for governor. Can't imagine how they could have found two crappier candidates, or run nastier ads... Geesh.
    Voted around 2:00 this afternoon....basically no line where I voted. Just heard on the news that DeMint beat Alvin Greene....seriously, what was that fool Greene doing on the ballot? One of the stranger things I've seen this election year. Just glad to have DeMint back for 6 more years! Woooowhooooo! Looks like they are already calling Paul as the winner in Kentucky! Wooooowhooooo! Hope that turns out to be true. Woooowhoooooo! Dan Coats of Indiana projected as winner.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast