1.    #1  
    A team everyone wrote off as full of "castoffs and misfits" has defied everyone to win the world series in five games.

With a long hair 'hippie' starting pitcher and a closer who dyed his beard with shoe polish, San Francisco closed out the Rangers on the road in Texas stadium leaving George Bush and the rest of the crowd stunned.

I credit the San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy's excellent coaching as a major part of the victory, and if Edgar Renteria does retire, I can't think of a better way to go out than hitting a three run homer to win the world series on his last at bat. Cody Ross and Juan Uribe also came up very big for SF.

Congratulations Giants on a job well done!
    Giants!!!
    Way to go Giants! Can't believe it's the first WS win in SF! That's a long time coming!

Would have been fun to see the Cards battle the Giants in the NLCS, but since we CHOKED in September, it'll remain fantasy match up.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    It's actually their second WS win. Their first was in 1954. The year of "the catch" by Willie Mays. They swept the Indians in 4 games. That Indians team won 111 games that season.

They are really a scrappy team. Really fun to watch. Congratulations Giants!
  5.    #5  
    Technically, 1954 was their fifth world series win, while this year really is their first win while in SF. But I agree, a very scrappy fun to watch team!
    Congrats to a good team! They deserve it!

My Themes:CLICK HERE