Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Looks like Valle and the fine folks at MoveOn aren't the only ones trying to profit from this "tragic" incident.

Jack Conway hopes to profit from Kentucky Stomp in new anti-Rand Paul TV ad | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Unbelievably, Conway is also trying to make the link between this incident and Paul himself. Shameful but it doesn't matter because it will probably work.
    Last edited by groovy; 10/29/2010 at 06:29 PM.
    on Tuesday Im voting for Rand Paul in honor of the op.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    on Tuesday Im voting for Rand Paul in honor of the op.
    And I will be honored. I'll also get no end of the amusement his brief cooky career in Congress will bring.

However, fail to see what that has to do with the OP. Rand never condoned the assault in any way.

(edited to add: regardless of all else, I'm glad you are voting and encourage everyone to vote Tuesday!)
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    And I will be honored. I'll also get no end of the amusement his brief cooky career in Congress will bring.

However, fail to see what that has to do with the OP. Rand never condoned the assault in any way.

(edited to add: regardless of all else, I'm glad you are voting and encourage everyone to vote Tuesday!)
    cooky career lol....yup, it'll be so cooky he'll follow the constitution closer than everyone else combined. so cooky.

and, op = original poster or original post...I meant poster
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Tell that to Conway.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Tell that to Conway.
    I think Rand already did.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I think Rand already did.
    It would be nice if he heard from his supporters that his ad featuring the "head-stomp" is a cheap shot. But I'm betting most of his supporters liked the ad.
  8.    #88  
    It would be nice if he heard from his supporters that his ad featuring the "head-stomp" is a cheap shot. But I'm betting most of his supporters liked the ad.
    Wouldn't know myself. I don't live there. What I am a supporter of is prosecuting thugs who assault girls because their politics have made them rabid.
    It is interesting to me to watch as everyone projects their bias into the discussion. Several things to note-
    1. She approached a vehicle at a rapid pace with unknown intentions and was subdued.
    2. She was not injured, even with the "head stomping" (I dare say that anyone whom has seen a true head stomping would find this description laughable).
    3. A relatively minor altercation has been blown way out of proportion to further a political agenda. This is not new to either side of the aisle anyone remember this- ? This young man was merely exercising HIS democratic rights. Point being that this occurs every election, and many people make mountains out of molehills.

I would guess that the original posting's referral to brown shirts was relating the "Rand Paul Heckler" incident to the SA? If so daThomas really needs to relearn his history. I believe that a comparison to the Sturmabteilung and the Rand Paul supporters is asinine grandstanding at best. Ask any of the Jews who encountered the SA on Kristallnacht if they would appreciate the "head stomping" of the Rand Paul supporters over the actions of the SA.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    It is interesting to me to watch as everyone projects their bias into the discussion. Several things to note-
    1. She approached a vehicle at a rapid pace with unknown intentions and was subdued.
    2. She was not injured, even with the "head stomping" (I dare say that anyone whom has seen a true head stomping would find this description laughable).
    3. A relatively minor altercation has been blown way out of proportion to further a political agenda. This is not new to either side of the aisle anyone remember this- ? This young man was merely exercising HIS democratic rights. Point being that this occurs every election, and many people make mountains out of molehills.

I would guess that the original posting's referral to brown shirts was relating the "Rand Paul Heckler" incident to the SA? If so daThomas really needs to relearn his history. I believe that a comparison to the Sturmabteilung and the Rand Paul supporters is asinine grandstanding at best. Ask any of the Jews who encountered the SA on Kristallnacht if they would appreciate the "head stomping" of the Rand Paul supporters over the actions of the SA.
    That's altogether wonderfully moderate sounding of you, however, that was an assault plain and simple and the person who did so needs to be prosecuted. To not do so is to head down that path to the Brown shirts. Same applies to the private security that detained a reporter in Alaska for doing his job for society and the process of Democracy.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    That's altogether wonderfully moderate sounding of you, however, that was an assault plain and simple and the person who did so needs to be prosecuted. To not do so is to head down that path to the Brown shirts. Same applies to the private security that detained a reporter in Alaska for doing his job for society and the process of Democracy.
    With all due respect, Thomas, that's wonderfully moderate sounding of you, as well, but we all know that if this was simply a case of assault you wouldn't have posted it here.

I think we all agree that this man crossed the line and should be prosecuted but you seem to wish it to be about much more than that. Or do I misunderstand you?
  12.    #92  
    With all due respect, Thomas, that's wonderfully moderate sounding of you, as well, but we all know that if this was simply a case of assault you wouldn't have posted it here.

I think we all agree that this man crossed the line and should be prosecuted but you seem to wish it to be about much more than that. Or do I misunderstand you?
    You are correct, it is physical intimidation within the American Democratic process and that is why it stands out to me as needing particular address.

As does the physical restraint and detention of a reporter in an Alaskan race.

And any physical political intimidation that I am not aware of that has happened without being properly addressed by the law.
    You are correct, it is physical intimidation within the American Democratic process and that is why it stands out to me as needing particular address.

And any physical political intimidation that I am not aware of that has happened without being properly addressed by the law.
    I haven't read all the posts, so maybe you already condemned the two black thugs outside the Philly voting center in 2008, so if I missed it I apologize. But if I didn't miss it, then I take it you feel what they did was an attempt to intimidate people? If you don't feel it was intimidation, if you were a woman of, let's say another color, and you were walking up to vote and two black men were standing outside a voting place with night sticks (as they were), would you feel comfortable going in?

I've brought this up to you before and you said something about 2 wrongs don't make a right....my simple question to you is do you also condemn these acts of intimidation? I agree it was wrong for a man to stomp on a woman's head and he should be prosecuted if it is determined he crossed the line. I personally think that if this had been a woman outside an abortion clinic and she ran up to someone walking into the clinic, and this protestor was then treated the same way, you likely would not have made this thread. And that is why I think you are a hypocrite.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, so maybe you already condemned the two black thugs outside the Philly voting center in 2008, so if I missed it I apologize. But if I didn't miss it, then I take it you feel what they did was an attempt to intimidate people? If you don't feel it was intimidation, if you were a woman of, let's say another color, and you were walking up to vote and two black men were standing outside a voting place with night sticks (as they were), would you feel comfortable going in?

I've brought this up to you before and you said something about 2 wrongs don't make a right....my simple question to you is do you also condemn these acts of intimidation? I agree it was wrong for a man to stomp on a woman's head and he should be prosecuted if it is determined he crossed the line. I personally think that if this had been a woman outside an abortion clinic and she ran up to someone walking into the clinic, and this protestor was then treated the same way, you likely would not have made this thread. And that is why I think you are a hypocrite.
    Did I not post:

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

I won't belabor the point much more but do you agree the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case was wrong as was the Justice Department for dropping the case?
    I won't belabor the point much more but do you agree the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case was wrong as was the Justice Department for dropping the case?
    He doesn't seem to want to answer this....I keep asking him and whenever I do, he does the liberal thing where he answers with something not related to your question. daThomas is very good at that....that is....not answering your question but coming back with a question for you. I guess that's a skill...maybe...I guess. I think he has to be careful answering because then he'll have to admit a liberal group did something wrong. I'll be watching to see if he in fact answers your questions....I'm saying he'll come back with either a question, or, he'll say something like 2 wrongs don't make it right.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17.    #97  
    I'll answer you both as I have already, voter intimidation is wrong regardless of side, and possibly the most anti-American thing I can imagine.

As far as this "new black panther" case, I know little of it or why the Justice Department does not feel they have enough to pursue it.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I'll answer you both as I have already, voter intimidation is wrong regardless of side, and possibly the most anti-American thing I can imagine.

As far as this "new black panther" case, I know little of it or why the Justice Department does not feel they have enough to pursue it.
    That's why I posted the link but, ok, fair enough. We're all busy and I know you don't have time to keep tabs on every case of voter intimidation out there. So, you keep on keeping tabs on the Right (and the Tea Partiers) and we'll try to keep tabs on the Left.

but in the most recent case....they are sure to prosecute.
    As far as this "new black panther" case, I know little of it.......
    In other words, if it had been two white tea party member dudes standing outside the polling center ready to stomp on anyone's head, you would have been all over that, huh?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast