Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Not exactly. At least, not in the context you get all giggly about like a 13 year old boy.
    Honestly, I don't picture them the way you think when I say T-Baggers. If I did I would wretch on my computer every time. I picture them with freaking tea bags tied to their hats like they presented themselves.

Is the phrase tea-bagger and even tea party member still derogatory? Of course, it's a movement born in fear, tribalism, ignorance, and rage.
  2.    #62  
    That too... along with exercising her right to make a scene for publicity.
    You can call it making a scene, it's making her political point, to which we do not react by assaulting said person.
  3.    #63  
    This was so staged. Come on people. This sort of thing always happens when it gets close to election day.

I'm not saying the guy was in the right. I don't think he should have placed his foot on her.

But the bigger picture is that this is simply desperation on the part of the left. They're trying to divert and divide as much as they can. It won't work though. I have a feeling that they're in for a thrashing come election day. (use that any way you wish)
    Of course it was staged, it was a little theater to present Rand with an "award" for being the whack-a-mole he is. That's her expressing her opinion during an election about a candidate. What the heck is so wild and crazy about that to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    You can call it making a scene, it's making her political point, to which we do not react by assaulting said person.
    If she hadn't been approaching Mr. Paul with an unknown package things may have transpired somewhat differently.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Honestly, I don't picture them the way you think when I say T-Baggers. If I did I would wretch on my computer every time. I picture them with freaking tea bags tied to their hats like they presented themselves.

Is the phrase tea-bagger and even tea party member still derogatory? Of course, it's a movement born in fear, tribalism, ignorance, and rage.
    Maybe some fear, yes; of the direction this president and his administration is taking this country.

Tribalism, probably; what's wrong with feeling a connection with people you agree with? You've not experienced this?

Ignorance, some of that too I'm sure; these are everyday people - not "elites", thank god. Glad you have the opportunity to look down your nose at them.

Rage, yes, and good; see comment on Fear above.

So, in summary, I don't see those as being so derogatory.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    That too... along with exercising her right to make a scene for publicity.
    Isn't that what the tea party is all about?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Of course it was staged, it was a little theater to present Rand with an "award" for being the whack-a-mole he is. That's her expressing her opinion during an election about a candidate. What the heck is so wild and crazy about that to you?
    That was act one. Act two was only hoped for. Fortunately (for her) some over zealous supports obliged.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Isn't that what the tea party is all about?
    well there *is* the small bit about trying to retake the country back from the progressive maniac's that are currently driving this country into the ditch (not for long, according to most polls).
  9.    #69  
    That was act one. Act two was only hoped for. Fortunately (for her) some over zealous supports obliged.
    WOW Micael! It's amazing that you keep actually stating the victim wanted it. Just call it what it is, whack-a-moles. Tribal, paranoid, prone to violence. How many times does it need to happen before you call a duck a duck.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    WOW Micael! It's amazing that you keep actually stating the victim wanted it.
    Thanks. I'm known for stating the obvious. And people like you love to scoop up the results and see how much you can make out of it. The whole "act" was ridiculous... and so yesterday.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    How many times does it need to happen before you call a duck a duck.
    Exactly... she's been known for trying this over and over again. Ok. She's a duck.
  12.    #72  
    Ignorance, some of that too I'm sure; these are everyday people - not "elites", thank god. Glad you have the opportunity to look down your nose at them.
    Actually, from the numbers I've seen, most of them have the same or a higher education than myself. I get to look down my nose at them when they lose a guaranteed Senate seat to the other Party by nominating a candidate like Christine O'Donnell. (edited to add, AND when they beat up girls and try to "arrest" reporters)

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, from the numbers I've seen, most of them have the same or a higher education than myself. I get to look down my nose at them when they lose a guaranteed Senate seat to the other Party by nominating a candidate like Christine O'Donnell.

She may lose, indeed. But she's closing the gap currently. Maybe its not so guaranteed.
    She may lose, indeed. But she's closing the gap currently. Maybe its not so guaranteed.
    I don't think the RINO would have been any better than the bearded Marxist anyway.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  15.    #75  
    WOW! Are you avoiding the point? Even if she wins what do you have? Do you know this candidate's history? Criminy! What about her past in any way shape or form is a tea-party value?

Not paying her tuition for decades?
    Repeatedly running for office to live off the campaign donations?
    Showing a history of nothing but personal fiscal irresponsibility?

Sounds like she's the antithesis of the tea-party philosophy.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    WOW! Are you avoiding the point? Even if she wins what do you have? Do you know this candidate's history? Criminy! What about her past in any way shape or form is a tea-party value?

Not paying her tuition for decades?
    Repeatedly running for office to live off the campaign donations?
    Showing a history of nothing but personal fiscal irresponsibility?

Sounds like she's the antithesis of the tea-party philosophy.
    Jeez, did I say I supported her? Or that I was part of the tea party? Just parroting what I saw in a news article earlier today.
  17.    #77  
    Jeez, did I say I supported her? Or that I was part of the tea party? Just parroting what I saw in a news article earlier today.
    You claimed I look down my nose at them and I'm giving reasons to do so.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You claimed I look down my nose at them and I'm giving reasons to do so.
    Come on Thomas. You're telling me that you're drinking up all this koolaide they're selling about this woman? This is hardball politics, man. I wouldn't take 1 bit of what's being said at face value.
  19.    #79  
    Come on Thomas. You're telling me that you're drinking up all this koolaide they're selling about this woman? This is hardball politics, man. I wouldn't take 1 bit of what's being said at face value.
    Wow! This is not stuff that was being served with this election, it's her reality. Calling it koolaide doesn't make it any less so.

And cripes! Did you see that debate performance in front a Constitutional Law class? Seriously! There is not a tea-party candidate that doesn't say "Constitution" every other breath but look at how much she knows about it:

Maybe some fear, yes; of the direction this president and his administration is taking this country.

Tribalism, probably; what's wrong with feeling a connection with people you agree with? You've not experienced this?

Rage, yes, and good; see comment on Fear above.

So, in summary, I don't see those as being so derogatory.
    You don't need to be "elite" to not be ignorant nor are the "elites" not able to be ignorant themselves.

Ignorance is willful. And based on your responses in the rest of this statement either you're being willful or you just wanted to play devil's advocate for the ones who are.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast