Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It truly is amazing.
    I've been wanting to post about this for awhile, and now i finally have a few minutes to do it.

What is it that makes us feel like a family here? We have never met each other, we have never heard each other's voices and we wouldn't even know if we crashed our cars into each other.

YET, we write to each other as though we all live on the same street. We look out for each other, make each other laugh, help each other with ANYTHING that we can think of and we even get scolded sometimes.

Seeing what Verwon, Riona, zmann & NNNNNewman did for Garrett the other day was such a "feel-good" moment.

This is the only forum i've ever been a part of, so i don't know. Is the family atmosphere that we have here in OT something that is seen on other site forums too? Or is it just us?

How can this be explained?

*Passing tissues*

Well at least i'm not passing gas, right?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/20/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Now you've made me verklempt!

Talk amongst yourselves.....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I've been a part of a lot of forums and have never seen this type of "family". For some reason there is such a sense of community. I don't know what it is, other than the fact there are some great people that own pre's and a community where people actually care about one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Now you've made me verklempt!

Talk amongst yourselves.....
    ROFL! Hahaha

....and amen dbd, it is so true!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Not everything can be explained. It's something like a phenomenon.

Every time I try to spell "Phenomenomenon", I put in too many nomenon's...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    It's simple. Webos is a major underdog and that always facilitates stronger bonds between supporters because the fight is that much harder.
    what did ya'll do for garrett ? I almost had to break his arm just to get him to make a paypal account and to post it , so I could donate to him lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what did ya'll do for garrett ? I almost had to break his arm just to get him to make a paypal account and to post it , so I could donate to him lol
    We convinced him to trust us with his money, so it could be sent to him by Western Union,, since he had no other way to access it.

And dbd, I used to admin and mod a site like this and no, it was never as tight knit and caring as the community on this one.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have people on this site that are always concerned about my health and when I'm not feeling well, they check on me. Never had that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have people on this site that are always concerned about my health and when I'm not feeling well, they check on me. Never had that before.
    awwww isn't that sweet ! Lol no really you are feeling better right ??
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/20/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Isn't this community what the ideal digital world is meant to look like? I mean, I've got over 300 "friends" on FB, people that I have seen, talked to, hung out with, traveled around the world with, cried with, etc, but I would rather "hang out" in the special PM thread or Llama Louge with you guys than chat with most of those folks now.

IDK how to explain it, cause when I've tried, it doesn't seem to come out right and people look at me like it's weird.

THEM: "So you talk with people you've never met like you're all best friends?"
    ME: "Yeah - pretty much."

I just leave them with, until you've seen it and been a part of it, you just won't understand. Maybe one day you'll be a part of an online community like the one I've found.
    awwww isn't that sweet ! Lol no reallt you are feeling better right ??
    I am, so far. Different class of meds the ddoc wants me to try today, so we'll see what happens with it. Thanks!
    I am, so far. Different class of meds the ddoc wants me to try today, so we'll see what happens with it. Thanks!
    That's what I call the FREE class of meds too . Lol hopefully they work better on your tummy !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    That's what I call the FREE class of meds too . Lol hopefully they work better on your tummy !!
    Thanks! Also hope they lower my BP some at the same time.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Isn't this community what the ideal digital world is meant to look like? I mean, I've got over 300 "friends" on FB, people that I have seen, talked to, hung out with, traveled around the world with, cried with, etc, but I would rather "hang out" in the special PM thread or Llama Louge with you guys than chat with most of those folks now.

IDK how to explain it, cause when I've tried, it doesn't seem to come out right and people look at me like it's weird.

THEM: "So you talk with people you've never met like you're all best friends?"
    ME: "Yeah - pretty much."

I just leave them with, until you've seen it and been a part of it, you just won't understand. Maybe one day you'll be a part of an online community like the one I've found.
    This is exactly what i mean, lol lol.
    It's really dependent on the particulars of the site and the people. I've seen other forums that were just as (if not more) 'tight-knit'. OTOH, there are others that are almost venomous (e.g. if someone posted that they were contemplating suicide, they were more likely to be offered suggestions on methods rather than reasons to live). Like all communities, the dynamics are fluid and more dependent on the 'residents' than anything else.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Thanks! Also hope they lower my BP some at the same time.
    seriously... so does chocolate. don't forget that!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I meant to post this earlier.... this thread made me think of for some reason...

...and the song has been in my head since. Weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I meant to post this earlier.... this thread made me think of for some reason...

...and the song has been in my head since. Weird?
    I get an error that the link can't be found.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast