Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay I was using webos qi to install preware and a few other things after I had to doctor my phone. Anyway when it was in the middle of installing things my comp restarted and restarted and restarted. I am getting a ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7C49524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x blue screen. Has this ever happened to anyone and have a fix. This is crucial I am a college student and have online classes. Someone please help. I know it could be a virus but I can't get past the windows boot screen.
    Highly doubtful that it is due to WOSQI. There are a couple other possibilities...
    Follow the directions in the following thread to troubleshoot the "STOP: 0x0000007B" error.

Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...0x0000007b.htm

Or this:
    "STOP: 0x0000007B"
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/17/2010 at 03:33 AM.
    webOSQI should/would not be the root cause of this issue. Please look at Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Highly doubtful that it is due to WOSQI. There are a couple other possibilities...
    Follow the directions in the following thread to troubleshoot the "STOP: 0x0000007B" error.

[url= troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP[/url]

Or this:
    "STOP: 0x0000007B"
    ... quick on the draw like the horse named McGraw.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yeah I looked at some of these and thanks for taking the time to look as well. My main problem is I bought the comp from someone last year who built the CPU and I don't have an install disc for xp. I hope I can fix it without it and my mediocre computer skills can figure out the issue. The reason I thought maybe webos qi might have had a little something to do with it is because the comp recognizes the pre as another piece of hardware and some of the things said it was a hardware issue linked to usb use. I was really wishing there was a computer wiz out there that's delt with this before and knew exactly what to do. I'll tell you what a bad day for me. First my oldest daughte are gets strep and can't play in our soccer game (im the coach, so our) and we have to forfeit. Then we play a scrimmage against the team a man down and we win 14-2 anyway but actually lose cause of the forfeit. Then I get home and my baby daughter is now sick again. My wife takes her to urgent care and they admit her to the hospital. That's where I was before I came home after 11 to take care of my older daughter while my wife stays with the baby. Then I find out they want to keep her until atleast monday and the comp crashes on me like this a few minutes later. Mind you this was after I had the speaker issue and had to doctor my phone which is why I was using webos qi in the first place to get preware and govnah on. Well atleast my mizzou tigers went 6-0. Now the chiefs and my son will get sick tomorrow watch. Well thanks again yall.
    I feel with you and hope everything turns out well with your kids.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK: $WebOSQi$ $has$ $no$ $device$ $drivers$. $But$ $it$'$s$ $using$ $the$ $novacom$ ($driver$) $from$ $palm$. $Did$ $you$ ($re$)$install$ $novacom$ $through$ $wosqi$?
    Can you start in secure mode? If yes, try to remove the novacom driver.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I feel with you and hope everything turns out well with your kids.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK: $WebOSQi$ $has$ $no$ $device$ $drivers$. $But$ $it$'$s$ $using$ $the$ $novacom$ ($driver$) $from$ $palm$. $Did$ $you$ ($re$)$install$ $novacom$ $through$ $wosqi$?
    Can you start in secure mode? If yes, try to remove the novacom driver.
    negative can not get past windows xp boot screen. That's my biggest thing I can fix just about anything if I can get into windows but I can't even in safe modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    negative can not get past windows xp boot screen. That's my biggest thing I can fix just about anything if I can get into windows but I can't even in safe modes.
    if you can't even get into safe mode you may have a simple file corruption or malware type issue.

First try to get an OS disk and do a repair. If you can't, or it doesn't work and you have access to another PC, you may be able to install into that PC your bad drive -- the good PC can then scan and repair your damaged drive.

Be SURE the hosting PC is fully updated w/Windows patches & virus definitions etc before hand.

(Good to also backup files etc on the host, ahead of time.)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yeah I'm thinking it was some type of malware. Is there anyway to get an OS disc. You can build one from another xp computer right? I'm not sure which drive is bad. There are two installed. I'm guessing it would be my c drive where windows is installed and I'd assume the c drive would be the drive on top. Man this sucks. I bet it would be a pretty penny to have a repair guy look at it?
    If I would life in the "Valley of the Sun" I would repair it for you.
    You should ask someone for a XP repair disk like BartPE. Run chkdsk on C:. This may solve the issue. You also should backup all your files with such a disk before doing anything else.
    Make sure your cord is unplugged for sometime and then retry plugging it and booting it. Sometimes I hit the F keys on top to take me to a boot screen. If all this doesnt help, take it to a repair guy, he may keep it for a week but will fix it for around 50-100 dollars.
    If this helped you hit thanks.