Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Please post in this thread on specified day ONLY.

I will pick a topic for each day as the days arrive.

YOU will discuss it.

TOPIC WILL CHANGE EACH WEEK, ON THIS DAY, UNLESS THERE IS A GOOD CONVERSATION IN PROGRESS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/25/2011 at 07:53 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Topic to be announced....
  3.    #3  
    TODAY's TOPIC:

Curfews for teenagers at your local mall.

Isn't it just to keep the "money-spending" crowd happy?

Doesn't keeping the teens away from the mall at night put them in potentially dangerous situations when they look for other things to do?
    it's just another "Manic Monday" !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What's more dangerous than a Mall Cop with an overinflated ego and a misplaced sense of justice?

And that's not a rhetorical question or punch line set up.

I'll take the teens @ night.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    What's more dangerous than a Mall Cop with an overinflated ego and a misplaced sense of justice?

And that's not a rhetorical question or punch line set up.

I'll take the teens @ night.
    lol
    Paul Blart
    I like it. I can shop in peace. Brilliant idea.

When I was a teenager the last place I wanted to be was in the city at a mall....boring!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Yay, Monday thread!!!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    no curfew @mall in my part of town. It all closes at like 9..for everyone
    I don't think we have a curfew. I used to be a Mall Cop in College but kept my over inflated ego to a minimal while injecting misplaced justice on the truant teenagers that were in the Mall for the sole purpose of shop lifting (I hated the job). I think a reasonable hour set for the curfew is warranted and these days, there are so much extracurricular activities that teenagers can indulge. In my days (always wanted to say that,) it made sense to go to the mall at odd hours since we had no Internet, Netflix, video games, cell phones, and instant messaging. How many times have we heard of innocent teenagers falling prey to perverts in the mall? Times have changed and the age of innocence is a thing of the past so by all means, impose a curfew.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    You can solve the danger problem by locking them up at home.
    Never checked around here, because I hate to shop, but where I used to live in PA, there was no curfew.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    While I understand the thought behind this - keep teenagers from loitering at a place so serious "money spenders" can shop in peace, it's rules like this that normally have unintended consequences. Would you rather have these same teenagers cruising? What about underage drinking at some house party? Etc, etc, etc....

While the intentions are good, mall curfews like this do not solve the issue, they just move the teenage herd to a different location.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    While I understand the thought behind this - keep teenagers from loitering at a place so serious "money spenders" can shop in peace, it's rules like this that normally have unintended consequences. Would you rather have these same teenagers cruising? What about underage drinking at some house party? Etc, etc, etc....

While the intentions are good, mall curfews like this do not solve the issue, they just move the teenage herd to a different location.
    Exactly and I remember several small towns I live in, including the one I grew up in, that had nothing at all for the teenagers to do, which usually resulted in beer/drug parties and them ending up getting in trouble.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I grew up in the middle of nowhere rural Canada and the lack of malls never caused me to dip into a downward spiral. Huligan kids are the result of bad or disinterested parents. If the mall wants to keep them away from me so I can shop in peace I'm willing to endorse that brilliant idea.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    well monday is almost over ...
    Way to dig up an oldie Interesting LOOT is now front page material again
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I think Sketchy is bored and G+ isn't cutting it!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I think Sketchy is bored and G+ isn't cutting it!
    I think you need follow the happenings of Loot on twitter.. & then come back here & comment .. Lol.. Lol lol ltm ltm...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    fxspec06 likes this.
    You know I don't use Twitter, anymore. Certainly not going to start, again, now. Too ---- busy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast