1.    #1  
    Please post in this thread on specified day ONLY.

I will pick a topic for each day as the days arrive.

YOU will discuss it.

TOPIC WILL CHANGE EACH WEEK, ON THIS DAY, UNLESS THERE IS A GOOD CONVERSATION IN PROGRESS.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/15/2010 at 10:20 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Topic to be announced....
    I like saturdays
    I like this topic.
    hey did anyone notice ? its saturday outside !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey did anyone notice ? its saturday outside !!
    Oops, sorry...

TODAY'S TOPIC:

What's better-
    public school or private school?
    Talkin about colleges and universities or k-12?
    Depends on where you are at... In the city of Chicago, the way to go by far is private 'satellite' schools. In the suburbs (like where I'm at), the public schools are fantastic (the school 2 blocks from me took 3rd place nationally for science). It all depends on your location I believe. I came out of a public school and look at me!.... ok, bad example...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Depends on where you are at... In the city of Chicago, the way to go by far is private 'satellite' schools. In the suburbs (like where I'm at), the public schools are fantastic (the school 2 blocks from me took 3rd place nationally for science). It all depends on your location I believe. I came out of a public school and look at me!.... ok, bad example...
    I have to agree! It depends where you are.

In PA, most of the public schools suck, they just throw stuff at the kids and tell them to do it, without ever teaching them how to do anything. Tom always came home with homework papers and had no idea what to do with them.

But, when we moved to Maryland in the D.C. metro area, he started loving school and my brilliant child was suddenly bringing home the superb grades I knew he was capable of and he still is in 10th grade.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Talkin about colleges and universities or k-12?
    K-12

I feel that my step-children are developing very bad habits and ways by associating daily with their public school classmates.

I also do not think it would be much different in private school.

Home-schooling would avoid bad habits by association, BUT the children would suffer socially.
    yeah they would be socially misfitted kids running back and forth to the computer all day long posting on P/C all day long, there would be a thousand threads in this ot world wow , just think a bunch of little dbd"s running a muck on P/C !!! oh gooness nooooooooo lol ltm ltm lol ha ha man did i ever tell ya i crack me up sometimes lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I went to a public school with less kids than most private schools (about 20 K-12 when I graduated) so I guess I'm for both... Or maybe neither. Or maybe neither in the state of Alaska. Or maybe both. *sigh*

- Phil -