View Poll Results: Do you like sausage? Hrmm?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mmmm! Sausage! Gimme some!

31 67.39%
  • Wha' ?

4 8.70%
  • Can't stand it! Bleh!

1 2.17%
  • Let me check my blood pressure first...

2 4.35%
  • Da Bears!

8 17.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

My own rendition of a song near and dear to my heart, just the chorus, done just for this thread

Dunderbeck the precentral performance by Windzilla

PS, I worked for a while on HIV prevention in Africa, hence the background

full version of another's rendition here

Last edited by windzilla; 10/13/2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Sausage is great.. but as a WI native, I miss good old fashioned Bratwurst!! MMMmmmmmmm..brats.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Gotta admit.... dem brats look miiiighty tasty. But explain to me how brat's aren't just sausages in disguise!?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Brats are similar to sausages, but use a different blend of seasonings. You wouldn't think there is a big difference, but there is. I can get all different types of Chicago sausage here, but even my local butcher (who is from WI also) says he misses brats too. Just not the same taste. Oh great.. now I'm hungry.

My brother-in-law is one of the head development chefs for Johnsonville. I need more samples!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Brats are similar to sausages, but use a different blend of seasonings. You wouldn't think there is a big difference, but there is. I can get all different types of Chicago sausage here, but even my local butcher (who is from WI also) says he misses brats too. Just not the same taste. Oh great.. now I'm hungry.

My brother-in-law is one of the head development chefs for Johnsonville. I need more samples!
    Hrm... you may want to peruse this...

ps) I love Johnsonville!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    As a German, a Bavarian even, I cannot in good conscience condone midwesterners of all people speaking of Bratwurst in such an intimate fashion. <edit> it's not that I don't like midwesterners - this is just like having to defend a woman's honor if you want her to put you in her mouth. Upon me now falls the burden of having to defend a sausage's honor if I want to put it in mine.

THIS, my friends, is Bratwurst and how you eat it. You will notice the total lack of pickle, onion, and hot dog bun in the above picture... I really don't think I'm going to visit Johnsonville in the near future.
    Hint: the beer taste should come from the beer. The sausage should just taste of sausage. Do you also have sausage-flavored beer, then? On second thought, please don't answer that question.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 10/13/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    a mexican breakfast! Webos con chorizo! I mean huevos!! Hehe!
    I think my blood pressure went up 10 points just reading these posts!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    As a German, a Bavarian even, I cannot in good conscience condone midwesterners of all people speaking of Bratwurst in such an intimate fashion. <edit> it's not that I don't like midwesterners - this is just like having to defend a woman's honor if you want her to put you in her mouth. Upon me now falls the burden of having to defend a sausage's honor if I want to put it in mine.

THIS, my friends, is Bratwurst and how you eat it. You will notice the total lack of pickle, onion, and hot dog bun in the above picture... I really don't think I'm going to visit Johnsonville in the near future.
    Hint: the beer taste should come from the beer. The sausage should just taste of sausage. Do you also have sausage-flavored beer, then? On second thought, please don't answer that question.
    Yes, we do commit sacrilege when we put brats in buns, but a good brat with sauerkraut is plain awesome. There's a little German shop back home where they make home-made brats of all flavors. SOOOOOoo good. Not a fan of Johnsonville myself... but down here that's the only brat I can get and I'm not a fan of the polish sausages here. <sigh>

Oh and I admit that I love marinading my brats in beer. Sorry
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Hold on a sec. Certain brats are meant to be on a plate, and others are meant to be on a roll or with bread and hot mustard. Nurmberger or Thuringian brats for instance, are traditionally eaten on a roll. It's not some midwesterner thing.
    Damn you all for making me crave stuff I can't eat!

I also like British Bangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Damn you all for making me crave stuff I can't eat!

I also like British Bangers.
    Please... this is a family forum! Oh... you meant the food...
    this thread is a real sausage fest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Please... this is a family forum! Oh... you meant the food...
    ROFL! Nice!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    And there's other uses for sausages too!

Shane needs to see this one! LOL
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Banned for posting an event that's already past.... wait, wrong thread...
    ROFL! I didn't even know it existed until I heard someone mentioning plans to go.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast