Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am so sick and tired of Google's new Instant Search. Having to disable it every time I want to search, because the Instant Search will automatically start searching before I have even type in the whole web site or persons name and then it comes up with junk, This new feature is really making me rethink Google and it's pushing me to use Bing.

So does anyone else truly hate this pointless and pathetic new feature?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I personally love it, it's been about 95% accurate at loading what I was looking for before I've even typed more than half of it.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm don't hate it as much as you but I do often find it getting in the way. At work our office computer uses internet through a satellite which has bad send delay so it just gets frustrating. Oh well, not the first time google has tried to reinvent the wheel, not the last either.
    I'm sure if you're logged in and turn it off, it will stick for future searches.

Personally, I like it.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I don't see what's the big deal, unless your computer or internet are pretty old you won't really notice the difference, and it's ok-usefull for when you don't know if you need to be more specific.

But if you really really don't like it just switch to Yahoo or just used Chrome's super bar to search.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I personally love it, it's been about 95% accurate at loading what I was looking for before I've even typed more than half of it.
    For me it hasn't been accurate at all. When I type in lets say a celebrities name like Jessica Alba, it assumes that I am looking for Jessica Biel or Jessica Simpson. So then I have to keep doing searches to get the one I wanted in the first place. And it wouldn't be so bad if I could turn it off, but every time I use Google, I have to disable the feature. I just can't see a purpose in the feature, when it's just assuming what names come next.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    For me it hasn't been accurate at all. When I type in lets say a celebrities name like Jessica Alba, it assumes that I am looking for Jessica Biel or Jessica Simpson. So then I have to keep doing searches to get the one I wanted in the first place. And it wouldn't be so bad if I could turn it off, but every time I use Google, I have to disable the feature. I just can't see a purpose in the feature, when it's just assuming what names come next.
    Just continue typing .... alba

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    You could just close your eyes and type out the whole thing then hit enter and open them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    You could just close your eyes and type out the whole thing then hit enter and open them.
    Lol

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't see your problem. If you want to search for Jessica Alba, on the old Google, you'd have to type the whole thing in. On the new one you may or may not need to. You're not losing anything, and may even gain a slight amount of time if the prediction algorithm works out for you.

What's the big deal if the worst outcome of Instant Search is that you just need to still type in the whole query?
    I found it bothersome so I simply clicked on the link to turn it off and I go about doing my searches the way I like to. Simple. No need to even sign in with a Google account or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Yeah, I don't see your problem. If you want to search for Jessica Alba, on the old Google, you'd have to type the whole thing in. On the new one you may or may not need to. You're not losing anything, and may even gain a slight amount of time if the prediction algorithm works out for you.

What's the big deal if the worst outcome of Instant Search is that you just need to still type in the whole query?
    Google Mind Reader Beta , doesn't work to well yet
    At first I was like, "I hate it!" Now I'm all about "I love it!" After I got over the fact it was different I found it actually save search time (most of the time).

Give it a few months and you won't even notice it anymore.

I am so sick and tired of Google's new Instant Search. Having to disable it every time I want to search, because the Instant Search will automatically start searching before I have even type in the whole web site or persons name and then it comes up with junk, This new feature is really making me rethink Google and it's pushing me to use Bing.

Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Worse than that is the "personalized search" which is on by default. I don't like the idea of the Gorg showing me what they think I want.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yeah I don't really care for it.
    What I can't figure out is why my searches on Firefox now show all the sponsored links on top of the real seach instead of on the right side where they are out of the way. Is that a setting in Firefox? it really sucks. It just started doing it....
    Yeah, I disabled it, too. Partly because it's annoying (I'm usually done typing my searches by the time it finishes and don't like the results shifting all over the place) and partly because the banned words thing is idiotic. But then I also installed a script to get rid of that stupid sidebar they ripped off from Bing. I'm not too fond of change. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What I can't figure out is why my searches on Firefox now show all the sponsored links on top of the real seach instead of on the right side where they are out of the way. Is that a setting in Firefox? it really sucks. It just started doing it....
    It may be Google testing a redesign on you, like when they introduced that sidebar...on some browsers I had it, on others I didn't. Btw, another thing Bing does...it's why I hated using it on mobile when Google's site had went fubar. The first four/five results were sponsored links and you could only see one or two REAL results on the webOS screen. Stupid site, trust me OP, you do not want to use Bing.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

I just don't get it...sometime it works and sometimes it takes me off to Neverland...Feel like one of those Bing commercials with some of it offerings. Sorli...
    Meh, I personally like it but I do most of my searches from the Chrome addressbar anyway so I rarely see Google Instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, I disabled it, too. Partly because it's annoying (I'm usually done typing my searches by the time it finishes and don't like the results shifting all over the place) and partly because the banned words thing is idiotic. But then I also installed a script to get rid of that stupid sidebar they ripped off from Bing. I'm not too fond of change. ^^;;

It may be Google testing a redesign on you, like when they introduced that sidebar...on some browsers I had it, on others I didn't. Btw, another thing Bing does...it's why I hated using it on mobile when Google's site had went fubar. The first four/five results were sponsored links and you could only see one or two REAL results on the webOS screen. Stupid site, trust me OP, you do not want to use Bing.
    What banned words?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast