Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    don't know about you guys but I got a new os that I love to hate. Out is iOS in is android. I'm tired of android it is horrible. I've had a phone it isn't even close to webOS. This rant was started by a comment I read saying that the webOS 2.0 screenshots looked out of date. And this was an android user saying. Coming from the mouth of the most God aweful looking OS right now. Shoot even blackberry is prettier now with the torch and WP 7 is going to look nicer. I mean if your that much of afan boy that you can't even atleast give webOS credit for it being prettier than it's gone to far. That would be like me arguing the the pre has better app selection. So whos with me? I'm tired of the android invasion. Sorry but had to vent to people who understand. My wife would have thought I was over reacting.
    Not exactly sure why people keep on saying that Android is ugly... I think it looks quite nice actually.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    Not exactly sure why people keep on saying that Android is ugly... I think it looks quite nice actually.
    Because it is. The menus are all ugly and the only halfway decent looking thing about it is when a company slaps a sense ui over it or something. For instance newsroom on the pre looks 10x better on pre than android. I had some apps I barely even wanted to use cause they were ugly. I'm a die hard chiefs fan and the have arrrowhead addict on android and it was just plain nasty. Felt like I was one a wm phone again. So I may be over exagerating a little bit, but to say it's better looking than webOS is plain crazy. Got to give us credit for something. Same thing about how android multitasks better than pre. Also insane.
    well I see your problem, your a chiefs fan!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    Because it is. The menus are all ugly and the only halfway decent looking thing about it is when a company slaps a sense ui over it or something. For instance newsroom on the pre looks 10x better on pre than android. I had some apps I barely even wanted to use cause they were ugly. I'm a die hard chiefs fan and the have arrrowhead addict on android and it was just plain nasty. Felt like I was one a wm phone again. So I may be over exagerating a little bit, but to say it's better looking than webOS is plain crazy. Got to give us credit for something. Same thing about how android multitasks better than pre. Also insane.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ha ha don't hate I'm from KC been a fan since I can remember.
    but to say it's better looking than webOS is plain crazy.
    Hmm, don't recall saying that Android looks better than WebOS..
    ha ha don't hate I'm from KC been a fan since I can remember.
    I'm from kc to but still not a chiefs fan lol, sorry.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    Hmm, don't recall saying that Android looks better than WebOS..
    didn't say you said that. I was juct clarifying the point of my argument.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    I'm from kc to but still not a chiefs fan lol, sorry.
    wow. Someone from kc that's not a fan. That's rough, I can't even process that idea. Hopefully your just not a football guy cause if so then I'm calling traitor!
    lol what part of kc did you grow up in? Cowboys fan. I grew up in avondale just outside nkc, went to nkc high then moved to northeast.
    wow. Someone from kc that's not a fan. That's rough, I can't even process that idea. Hopefully your just not a football guy cause if so then I'm calling traitor!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    lol what part of kc did you grow up in? Cowboys fan. I grew up in avondale just outside nkc, went to nkc high then moved to northeast.
    I grew up in north east and live in arizona now. House burnt down and mom took the insurance money and wanted to get us away from the gangs. So ended up in Apache Junction AZ. Complete and total culture shock. I cried for like a month telling my mom I could never make friends here, there's not even a black person in my class. Remember I was just 13 years old at this time. I lived right close to scarritt elementary school. Actually closer to where kellys bakery used to be. I think it's some mexican store now.
    Last edited by jwinn35; 10/08/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    ya gangs were bad, I lived about 4 blocks off of independence ave. I was just up the road from north east high school. So how old are you ? We might have run into each other lol.
    I just noticed ur name, relation to curtis, or clifton?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I'm 28 now but I had 6 brothers who all grew up there longer than I did. All of them went to north east high school. Well atleast the ones who made it that far. Winn family. I lived on jackson between independence avenue and st. John. Then I also live on st john a few block further down the road right next to where the 7 11 used to be. I had a brother who lived on roberts for a long time close to the stop and go. My grandma lived on bales on the other side of independence avenue. Across the street from the school there. Yeah she never wanted to move no matter how bad the neighborhood got. Loely old lady in the middle of a ghettoish place. It was funny.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yep they are my brothers.
    holy effin crap dude, my name is matt krueger, I used to run with them and mike sorbell......thats crazy.
    wow small world !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    lol yeah I remeber mike sorbel but barely. I remember his name more I use to always think it was sore ba*ls, lol. I was young then. I just remember lots of crazy stuff always going down around the house. So you must remember the houses burning down then? There are few of his friends I remember like sean platt and bart. I remember curtis' friends more like eddie sola and paul rodriguez and crazy cuban louie. All them guys.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay now I get it my bro said he thinks live in texas, hince the cowboy fan.
    cuban louis was a nut case and I was in a lot of trouble with bart and some motorcycle stuff. Ya I remember the fire. Lets see here......... Remember ray getting shot? Bad deal and then andy hecky got jumped at his wake over it. Oh and alvino we called him beaner, and chris little...... Dude those were crazy times, we got into it with some boys on the other side of ind. Ave. And david areola and I almost got shot! I think we are all lucky to be alive!
    Last edited by switchedgear; 10/08/2010 at 11:25 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast