1.    #1  
    Living in the 3rd largest(by area) city in North America, behind New York and Chcago, and 5th largest(population) in Canada, it should come as no surprise (nice auto correct....tries to spell surprise as surprize) that we have our share of bad drivers. A recent study done by the University of Calgary released thisinfo yesterday:
    2,394 Albertan's, who already hold their licence took part in a survey involving 30 multiple choice questions, the same for a Class 7 learner's permit. They needed to score a minimum of 25/30 in order to pass. 90% of those participating failed with an average score of 22/30. For those of you lucky enough to come up for Stampede in the summer or come for some of the best snow in the Rockies in the winter, my advice to you: Stay Off the Sidewalks!!!
    LOL! I'll be in Canada sometime soon, so thanks for the warning!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've lived in Kansas City, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City. By far the San Antonio drivers are the worst of anywhere else I've lived.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an *****, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an *****, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin.
    I have a thread for that too.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    obviously none of you have ever been to the phoenix area. I fear for my life daily. The difference is if they took 2394 random phoenix area drivers or whatever it is? 50% of em probably wouldn't be able to read the test.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Try driving in Bangkok.
    I needed a smoke every 15 minutes just to get the adrenaline down.

But every place is better than Vietnam LOL
    lol I listen to coast to coast and art bell talks about the driving there. I believe you!
    dbd's slogan - "There's a Thread for That..."
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    obviously none of you have ever been to the phoenix area. I fear for my life daily. The difference is if they took 2394 random phoenix area drivers or whatever it is? 50% of em prbably wouldn't be able to read the test probably.
    I've been to Phoenix many times - however, most of the time I'm rushing from one terminal to another at Sky Harbor trying not to miss a connecting flight. So don't usually need to deal with the drivers.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    dbd's slogan - "There's a Thread for That..."
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I've been to Phoenix many times - however, most of the time I'm rushing from one terminal to another at Sky Harbor trying not to miss a connecting flight. So don't usually need to deal with the drivers.
    I use to live on the north east side of kansas city and el paso texas. Never really had a problem in either place. I think the feeder roads in el paso help cause the people scared of the freeway can just drive next to it.
    I grew up in K.C.!
    I use to live on the north east side of kansas city and el paso texas. Never really had a problem in either place. I think the feeder roads in el paso help cause the people scared of the freeway can just drive next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I've lived in Kansas City, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City. By far the San Antonio drivers are the worst of anywhere else I've lived.
    San Antone sucks for traffic but the river walk is great!
    obviously none of you have ever been to the phoenix area. I fear for my life daily. The difference is if they took 2394 random phoenix area drivers or whatever it is? 50% of em probably wouldn't be able to read the test.
    I was hit by two of them while I was biking around there for two years. :P
    Friend of mine in Edmonton was telling me that Alberta had the worst drivers in the Dominion. Personally I don't see it. Out of all the places I have lived I'd say Alberta drivers are above average.

Worst I have lived is here in the Lou....Worst I have seen was Paris.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    I grew up in K.C.!
    So did I... lived there till I was 44, still go there every 2-3 weeks.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Worst I have seen was Paris.
    Paris France? Cause that's pretty organized if you compare it to other European capitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Paris France? Cause that's pretty organized if you compare it to other European capitals.
    Yep (mind you I haven't been to Paris Ontario). The crazyness at Place Charles-de-gaule/Place de I'Etoil was unlike anything I have ever seen. Most of the other places in Europe I have been to are much smaller...Vienna, Prague, Helsinki and the like.

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/08/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Those Place roundabouts can be a bit hectic.
    You should try Victory Square in BKK:
    http://i.pbase.com/u5/dan_muc/upload...3.IM_07430.JPG
    13 exits if I remember correctly. Once I got out, I just had to get back in again