Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are least a few sane correct thinking people here

Was wondering if any of you are going, or thinking about going to Jon Stewarts , Rally in DC 10/30/10?

Im trying to figure out logistics and lodgings somewhere out on the Metro Blue or Orange line, that is close to a hotel, and has rooms and rates available?

Anyone else here considering this event, that does seem to be building some momentum?

Rally to Restore Sanity

Rally to Restore Sanity | Facebook
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I would love to go; but I cannot get the vacation day.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Sigh.... only correct thinking and sane people? dang!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I have a friend who is thinking about going to the "Keep Fear Alive" rally Colbert is doing.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I wish i could go i luv Jon stewart show.
    I am a correct thinking and sane person... thats why I'm not going to waste my time going to this nonsense.
    ^^I think the main point is that it's just for fun. Have a laugh and also bring a small bit of attention to certain issues.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I think I will have a rally.... Restoring craziness - PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I expect to be there (keep an eye out for a distinguished looking monkey wearing a uniform) -- but then I was at the Beckoning too ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/05/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10.    #10  
    @BARYE

I see you are in the general vicinity,. Care to chat with me about some logistics about the area, Metro, hotels, proximity, etc?

PM if you can.. Thanks
    Diane
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

11.    #11  
    Ummm from the looks of this, it is really gaining momentum, with satellite rallies popping up all over the place. Not that you can believe what you see on Facebook, but so far on FB close to 200,000 "say" they are coming.. so who knows...

I Pre

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I expect to be there (keep an eye out for the distingished looking monkey wearing a uniform) -- but then I was at the Beckoning too ...
    In disguise, no doubt.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I live in the area so I might show up if I can get together some friends who want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    @BARYE

I see you are in the general vicinity,. Care to chat with me about some logistics about the area, Metro, hotels, proximity, etc?

PM if you can.. Thanks
    Diane
    most folks will want to use the Smithsonian metro stop (on the Orange and Blue lines) -- which is on the Mall, and a short walk from the rally

Whats your lodging budget ?? How far from downtown are you willing to be ?? What is your lodging comfort level ??
    I'd go if I was still in the lower 48... :'(
    Got my plane tickets, hotel reservation, etc. Let's do this.
    DC has recently rolled out a very ambitious "bike sharing" program -- which could be a nice alternative to using the Metro or for getting about the city before or after the rally ($5/day for unlimited half hour trips.)

http://www.capitalbikeshare.com/

Last edited by BARYE; 10/05/2010 at 02:14 PM.
    chalupas suck
    It is usually cheaper to sleep at a place outside of DC and then take the Metro in. Rockville, MD. where my son lives has some very nice hotels, near the Metro stations. You'd then take the redline in to the orange for that Smithsonian Metro stop.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    DC has recently rolled out a very ambitious "bike sharing" program -- which could be a nice alternative to using the Metro or for getting about the city before or after the rally ($5/day for unlimited half hour trips.)

Capital Bikeshare

I saw one of the bike racks off 14th street just the other day. I didnt seem that anyone was using them. If the weather is good, it would be a lot cheaper than and maybe faster than a cab in the city.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast