Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    whoops haha. Agreed...everybody has valid points and this debate, stray as it will has been a good one, cheers to that ATTENTION ALL DEVELOPERS!!!! See what happens around here with no new patches/games/apps/etc to talk about, NOW GET TO IT!!!!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sorry about how you feel with regards to the 'crazies' out there in the world 'out to get you'. I think there are better solutions out there than 'seek & destroy' (although that IS a killer song ) Personally, I think if I grew up in a dirt-poor country, living in a mud shack or cave, didn't have education, clothing, food, medicine, etc. I'd be pretty pi$$ed at the world too. 3 TRILLION dollars = $3 000 000 000 000. That's a lot of money, resources, LIVES, for something that was put out there to stop the forces of evil and find the weapons of mass destruction. 10 years after the fact, and still no WMD's. Where did they go? They must have taken them back from where they bought them or maybe their shelf life expired and they simply evaporated. (sorry about the sarcasm) I think if anything all that was accomplished... it fueled the fire for yet another generation of Western haters, it did see the creation of the Homeland Security Act( do you feel safer now?), we saw privatized armies created (Blackwater), almost forgot about the colour coded alert levels.... I really do hope something positve was gained out of it all, aside from securing resources, cause really... that's what it was all about wasn't it? Oh and we got Saddam executed.....hate him as much as you will, at least he kept his country in check. I was watching a news report a couple of days before the withdraw and it seemed to me that the general public in Iraq were pretty nervous about what was going to happen when the US finally left. I'm rambling here so just on a final note... Instead of spending 3 trillion dollars to fight tyranny, couldn't we have spent the same amount of money both abroad and at home to improve everyone's lives (ie build some schools/hospitals/give them what they need to be able to support themselves/fix New Orleans(5 years later and it still isn't done) )
    Actually, we *do* build schools, hospitals, healthcare, and do things that improve other peoples lives abroad. I'm not trying to inflame you or debate you on your points, but your post reads like a moveon.org talking points bulletin from about 8 years ago. move on brother. we're here for you, when you do.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #83  
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Actually, we *do* build schools, hospitals, healthcare, and do things that improve other peoples lives abroad. I'm not trying to inflame you or debate you on your points, but your post reads like a moveon.org talking points bulletin from about 8 years ago. move on brother. we're here for you, when you do.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345