Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you were made to travel back in time to live the rest of your life, and you could only take 1 item with you, what era would you go to and what item would you take?

I would travel to the late 1800s here in the states and take my best rifle.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I brought my favorite koozy.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I would go back 30 years, take a sports almanac, and move to Las Vegas.
    monitary gain huh? I'd do it more for the fact I think I should have been born in that era.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    If you were made to travel back in time to live the rest of your life, and you could only take 1 item with you, what era would you go to and what item would you take?

I would travel to the late 1800s here in the states and take my best rifle.
    ...and I'd travel back a min before you and disarm you. Ha, ha. :-D
  5.    #5  
    always with the shenannigans rush? Lol
    always with the shenannigans rush? Lol
    I'd make sure you don't hurt yourself.
    I would travel back in time a few weeks and take a piece of paper with the winning powerball numbers.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I'd travel back to 9/10/01.
    I would go back 30 years, take a sports almanac, and move to Las Vegas.
    Biff Tannen already tried that, and look where it got him....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    so you would do it for less selish reasons than monitary gain hmmmmm good character.
    That would be tortuous. If you tried to warn people, would they believe you? If you tried to warn the authorities, would they doubt you, but then arrest you as a possible co-conspirator if/when your warning played out?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    so you would do it for less selish reasons than monitary gain hmmmmm good character.
    How are other reasons besides monetary gain not selfish? What happens to your family and friends when you traipse off to the 1800s?
    dont bother trying to warn people.. just take a 9 mm and take care of business.. simple.. but then again, why stop there,, go back further,, i can think of a mad man or three in 30s that needed an object lesson far more then the most recent group..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How are other reasons besides monetary gain not selfish? What happens to your family and friends when you traipse off to the 1800s?
    re read my original post " if you were made to travel back in time".
  15.    #15  
    yes but the knowledge and skill set you have now could change the world in a very good way at that time.
    I wouldn't choose to go back too far in time because I try not to romanticize the past too much. As far as the 1800's goes, I think the first time you get a bad infection, break a bone, deal with a bad tooth, or have to undergo some surgery without modern anesthesia your feelings about the modern day world might change. I'm nearly blind without my contact lenses so I would have an every day issue with vision and would probably be a sitting duck. Finally, a woman or person of a non-white race might also see the 1800's as not so good.
  16.    #16  
    lol I mean to make it a better place, you could do advanced studies in ecology and the environment, you could make weaponry better, we could change a lot of things about the way the world is today.

and how did you know I was German? Lol
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    re read my original post " if you were made to travel back in time".
    That makes even less sense, though. If someone were going to force you to travel back in time, what makes you think they'd let you take something useful? For example, granting your 'one thing' concept, such a being might say, "OK, you can take your gun, but that's your one thing. No ammo allowed." Reductio ad absurdum.
    Geez, Toby! It was just meant to be a fun, imaginative post. Lighten up a little!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Geez, Toby! It was just meant to be a fun, imaginative post. Lighten up a little!!!
    I can't help it. My people have a somewhat dark complexion by nature. My dry humor was even inherited from my parrain.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast