Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 726
  1.    #1  
    A brand new AP poll. And guess what? It's not exactly what you might think.

    WASHINGTON President Barack Obama's health care overhaul has divided the nation, and Republicans believe their call for repeal will help them win elections in November. But the picture's not that clear cut.
    A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.
    "I was disappointed that it didn't provide universal coverage," said Bronwyn Bleakley, 35, a biology professor from Easton, Mass.
    More than 30 million people would gain coverage in 2019 when the law is fully phased in, but another 20 million or so would remain uninsured. Bleakley, who was uninsured early in her career, views the overhaul as a work in progress.
    The poll found that about four in 10 adults think the new law did not go far enough to change the health care system, regardless of whether they support the law, oppose it or remain neutral. On the other side, about one in five say they oppose the law because they think the federal government should not be involved in health care at all.
    AP Poll: Repeal? Many Wish Health Reform Went Further
  2. #2  
    just because people want more healthcare reform doesnt mean they want the government controlling it.

    Everyone wants a piece of the pie , as long as they believe that pie is free...

    many people dont even know whats in the bill to make any kind of useful descion as to whether it benefits the country as a whole.

    everyone just asks, hey, does this benefit me??
    Well why the Heck NOt?? i work etc....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    just because people want more healthcare reform doesnt mean they want the government controlling it.

    Everyone wants a piece of the pie , as long as they believe that pie is free...

    many people dont even know whats in the bill to make any kind of useful descion as to whether it benefits the country as a whole.

    everyone just asks, hey, does this benefit me??
    Well why the Heck NOt?? i work etc....

    Let's put it this way....wanting more healthcare reform is not exactly in the republican Pledge. If twice as many people want more reform as want the government to stay out of healthcare, my guess is that they want much more significant changes...and they won't get that from republicans or industry. That's the last thing they want.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Let's put it this way....wanting more healthcare reform is not exactly in the republican Pledge. If twice as many people want more reform as want the government to stay out of healthcare, my guess is that they want much more significant changes...and they won't get that from republicans or industry. That's the last thing they want.
    I'm not saying they are for the GOP just that the poll doesn't necessarily show what people Actually want.


    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I'm not saying they are for the GOP just that the poll doesn't necessarily show what people Actually want.


    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Oh, I agree with that. It's just that the GOP is running and basing this election on repealing because they claim people claim the bill goes too far. It doesn't, and they're wrong. It doesn't go nearly far enough.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh, I agree with that. It's just that the GOP is running and basing this election on repealing because they claim people claim the bill goes too far. It doesn't, and they're wrong. It doesn't go nearly far enough.
    Again , it doesn't go far enough to fit with everyone own agenda.

    You can't please everyone

    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh, I agree with that. It's just that the GOP is running and basing this election on repealing because they claim people claim the bill goes too far. It doesn't, and they're wrong. It doesn't go nearly far enough.
    Once again, you have it all wrong. It's not that the bill has gone too far, it's that the government has gone too far.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #8  
    Basically, no one wants the government to be able to say how much care and what type of care should be available to them or the people they care about.

    The government always adds limits and has things they won't cover.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Basically, no one wants the government to be able to say how much care and what type of care should be available to them or the people they care about.

    The government always adds limits and has things they won't cover.
    As someone who deals with both, I can tell you there are no more limits and lack of coverage than any insurance company. And if you really think nobody wants it, then you just have to convince all Medicare recipients. I don't think you'll be able to convince them, but that's just a guess. In fact, they are much more satisfied with their care than those who have private insurance.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Once again, you have it all wrong. It's not that the bill has gone too far, it's that the government has gone too far.

    Does that mean you support the bill and you don't think it's gone far enough?
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #11  
    Lets ease up on the name calling and flaming or we'll have to shut the thread. People should be able to express differing viewpoints without slamming others.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Does that mean you support the bill and you don't think it's gone far enough?
    We've been over this many times, but I'll say it again. I, like many, have agreed that healthcare needs attention. Obama basically attacked the health insurance industry, and left many other issues untouched and unresolved. Ever wonder what happened to the tort reform debate, or why it didn't get traction?

    In terms of what's troubling this nation, and the people's priorities, Obama had no business addressing health care in the first place. There's an economy in ruins, and unemployment is through the roof. These were the major issues facing is on his first day in office. He immediately goes off and directs congress to draft up a vague monstrosity called a "stimulous package" that has been a total failure. That was his first major fail. The next was he wasted billions in driving his health insurance takeover down our throats. A move that will actually increase our debt and spending.

    This pres is a fail, people. Seriously.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. #13  
    He addressed health care because of the large number of people not covered and because the inefficiencies in the system lead to wasted $$.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I'm not saying they are for the GOP just that the poll doesn't necessarily show what people Actually want.


    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    When you add context by referring to at least the past 7 years of polls relating to the public's view on a single payer system you can draw some conclusions. There has been a simple majority favoring some kind of single payer option in those polls which lends to why there are so many people that think the law didn't go far enough.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    He addressed health care because of the large number of people not covered and because the inefficiencies in the system lead to wasted $$.
    He didn't address health care costs, only coverage - i.e., health care insurance companies were made the villains. While I'm sure any google savvy person can come up with some insurance company wrongdoings, there's plenty of other things that could have been done to reduce costs while increasing options for patients.

    Obama's health care policy was about taking control of insurance companies.

    Meanwhile, he's failed on the critical things we've badly needed for him to address, like jobs and the economy.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    They just want to make you think everything obama does is erong....
    I don't have to think. He's doing quite well on his own.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    everyone knows it is impossible for republicans to repeal the new healthcare law, right?
    I'm not arguing your point, but why is it impossible?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    When you add context by referring to at least the past 7 years of polls relating to the public's view on a single payer system you can draw some conclusions. There has been a simple majority favoring some kind of single payer option in those polls which lends to why there are so many people that think the law didn't go far enough.
    Can you please point to a poll that shows that the majority of Americans want a single payer system?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Can you please point to a poll that shows that the majority of Americans want a single payer system?
    Single-Payer Poll, Survey, and Initiative Results
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    He didn't address health care costs, only coverage - i.e., health care insurance companies were made the villains. While I'm sure any google savvy person can come up with some insurance company wrongdoings, there's plenty of other things that could have been done to reduce costs while increasing options for patients.
    Amazon.com: Understanding Health Policy, Fifth Edition (LANGE Clinical Medicine) (9780071496063): Thomas Bodenheimer, Kevin Grumbach: Gateway

    This was required reading for me. Have you read it?
Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions