Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    The funny thing is when I tell my friends what some of you people say in here, they just shake their head like they can't believe people think like you do.
    I've been shaking my head too, looking at the King Lincoln section of that website you directed me to. Is that whats meant by "its good to be the king"?

Seeing the articles it contains like "Heil Abe" and "Hit*er was a Lincolnite", comparing Lincoln's First Inaugural Address to Mein Kampf.

Its very sad.............and I can't believe people think like that either.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 11/14/2010 at 12:42 PM.
  2.    #722  
    I must apologize to Davidra....not easy....because apparently this Medicare system really is as good as he has been claiming. And, doctors seem to think quite highly of it:

Doctors brace for possible big Medicare pay cuts - 24-Hour Business News - The Buffalo News

The craziest quote is from some looney doctor, breast cancer surgeon Kathryn Wagner who says, "My frustration level is at a nine or 10 right now," said Wagner, who practices in San Antonio. "I am exceptionally exhausted with these annual and biannual threats to cut my reimbursement by drastic amounts. As a business person, I can't budget at all because I have no idea how much money is going to come in. Medicine is a business. Private practice is a business."

Davidra....seriously....you need to communicate with this so called doctor and explain to her that medicine is not a business and she should be happy with what Medicare reimburses her. I mean seriously, the nerve of this doctor thinking that her practice is a business. What's up with that?

The article says that repealing this formula for cutting reimbursements would cost more than $280 billion over 10 years. And davidra wants to add everyone into this system? LOL Oh but wait...sorry....forgot....obama and the liberals can do this and actually save money....keep forgetting that.
    First, as usual, you express great interest in everybody except the patient. It's the patients that love Medicare, not the doctors. Do they count for anything? Everybody should have access to high quality health care....regardless. You don't seem to get it; I confess. The ends justify the means. Decrease physician reimbursement if need be. Should a cancer surgeon be paid less than she currently is? I figure that's a societal decision. If her income is cut (remember, she is not salaried...), would I consider that a travesty? Probably not. What I do object to is paying you and your ilk 30 cents out of every heath care dollar for services you still cannot elucidate as having any value above and beyond the much more efficient services provided by Medicare.

Micael favors direct reimbursement from a patient to a provider, apparently. I wish him well on that. Then there is no distribution of risk to decrease costs to individuals. Bankruptcies would be really really common. Of course, reality is not always evident in what the right proposes, and when it is, it won't actually do anything....like the republican health care bill.

Second, as was pointed out in the article, and as you well know (I think you know, but of course there's no telling) the health care bill and Obama had nothing whatsoever to do with Medicare cuts, which as the article points out, have been ignored for many many years because congress lacked the guts to deal with the AMA lobby. I realize you love to blame everything on the duly elected President of the United States, but as usual, your blame is misplaced.
  3.    #723  
    Apparently I am like obama (oh, that is painful to write), a poor communicator. I thought the biggest reason was in front of everyone's face, Medicare is the government and I and many, many, many other people simply don't have confidence in them to take over such a large endeavor. And secondly, in my opinion and many, many, many other people, it is un-Constitutional.

Yes, apparently you are. Unfortunately, I suspect "many many people" are not getting Medicare. Those that are have made their feelings known.

One key issue in health reform concerns the relative roles of coverage offered through private insurance and public programs. This paper compares the experiences of aged Medicare beneficiaries with those of people under age sixty-five who have private employer coverage. Compared with the employer-coverage group, people in the Medicare group report fewer problems obtaining medical care, less financial hardship due to medical bills, and higher overall satisfaction with their coverage. Although access and bill payment problems increased across the board from 2001 to 2007, the gap between Medicare and private employer coverage widened. [Health Affairs 28, no. 4 (2009): w521-w532 (published online 12 May 2009; 10.1377/hlthaff.28.4.w521)]
    Meeting Enrollees' Needs: How Do Medicare And Employer Coverage Stack Up? -- Davis et al., 10.1377/hlthaff.28.4.w521 -- Health Affairs

Of course, this is from an unbiased peer-reviewed journal...but because it disagrees with you, feel free to ignore it. It's only facts, not opinion like you cherish so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I've been shaking my head too, looking at the King Lincoln section of that website you directed me to. Is that whats meant by "its good to be the king"?

Seeing the articles it contains like "Heil Abe" and "Hit*er was a Lincolnite", comparing Lincoln's First Inaugural Address to Mein Kampf.

Its very sad.............and I can't believe people think like that either.
    So you are all about guilt by association? Correct? If I post a link to someone who then turns out has some other issues, that connects me to that person, right? Isn't that what you are saying?

Since that appears to be the case, I would assume you are now comfortable in labeling the obama's as racists, correct? I mean, he attended the church of a racist for some 20 years...heck....even called the "Rev" Wright his mentor, correct? So since you are all about guilt by association, then I would love to hear you admit that obama is a racist since the Rev Wright is clearly a racist. Finally something we can agree on.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Hey no need to get defensive, I just got a bit angry about that web site, not at you. I'm over it. Anyway, I'm glad you agree that that site has issues. For that matter Rev Wright has issues too. Theres a lot of nuts out there.
  6.    #726  

So you are all about guilt by association? Correct? If I post a link to someone who then turns out has some other issues, that connects me to that person, right? Isn't that what you are saying?
    I suspect not. Maybe he's just commenting on the quality of the source of your "information". Nothing new there.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637