Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 726
  1. #321  
    All I have to say to this is go try to apply for financial aid for school.

    Go try to file for anything that is government related.

    Government in control of healthcare is a bad idea. By the time you get approved for a procedure you'll be in the ground.
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    All I have to say to this is go try to apply for financial aid for school.

    Go try to file for anything that is government related.

    Government in control of healthcare is a bad idea. By the time you get approved for a procedure you'll be in the ground.

    Hey...whatever you do, don't bother to read all the evidence that was posted in this thread that says you're wrong. After all, your opinions are much more valuable, right?
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Hey...whatever you do, don't bother to read all the evidence that was posted in this thread that says you're wrong. After all, your opinions are much more valuable, right?
    First of all, I'm not going to read 320 posts of people ranting about a political issue.

    Secondly, I will give you all the money I ever earn if it makes the process less complicated.

    Government is not the answer.



    All I know is that every time the government dips it's hand in something it gets more complicated and more lengthy in the paper work department.

    I'm still waiting for approval on my financial aid from school for the semester that started 8 weeks ago... so are five of my friends. [And I don't want to hear it's the school because the five of us go to three different schools]
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    First of all, I'm not going to read 320 posts of people ranting about a political issue.

    Secondly, I will give you all the money I ever earn if it makes the process less complicated.

    Government is not the answer.



    All I know is that every time the government dips it's hand in something it gets more complicated and more lengthy in the paper work department.
    How about reading at least 1 or 2 pages worth before you feel the need to add your own rant?
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm still waiting for approval on my financial aid from school for the semester that started 8 weeks ago... so are five of my friends. [And I don't want to hear it's the school because the five of us go to three different schools]
    Did you file late? I never had issues with my financial aid.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    How about reading at least 1 or 2 pages worth before you feel the need to add your own rant?
    I just scanned the first two pages and saw nothing that would convince me that government wouldn't result in more delays and more problems.

    I need only to look to the north to see a government healthcare program that has these issues.


    My uncle's dad had cataracts. He was a Canadian citizen.

    They put him on the list to get them removed.
    He went blind before that procedure.

    I need only to use real life examples to come to real life conclusions.
    Our government is much less efficient and much more corrupt than Canada's.

    I couldn't care less about any link posted here. You cannot change my opinion of this with words. Only with real life examples.


    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Did you file late? I never had issues with my financial aid.
    Every one of us filed well before what would be considered late. I myself filed the first day you could.
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I just scanned the first two pages and saw nothing that would convince me that government wouldn't result in more delays and more problems.
    So you made no effort at all. Dually noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I need only to look to the north to see a government healthcare program that has these issues.


    My uncle's dad had cataracts. He was a Canadian citizen.

    They put him on the list to get them removed.
    He went blind before that procedure.

    I need only to use real life examples to come to real life conclusions.
    Our government is much less efficient and much more corrupt than Canada's.

    I couldn't care less about any link posted here. You cannot change my opinion of this with words. Only with real life examples.
    So basically you have no idea where the conversation is in this thread and just felt the need to insert yourself and exclaim, "I hate government". And people wonder why the government corruption is getting worse. It's because no one seems to want to read into the actual problem, they just take the cover of the book and say, "I think this, blah" without even getting the whole story.
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh, it was seen. How quickly you forget. Of course, there's some spin involved here, but the numbers are reported right out of the CBO. The republican plan was a joke. But that's not surprising. It just reflects the party.
    Ezra Klein - Congressional Budget Office Thrashes Republican Health-Care Plan
    Oh Davidra.....rather than write a ton of stuff that you will just dismiss and scream again how I hate children and black people, just go to the above link and read the comments....plenty of interesting tidbits there. One in particular I like is that the democrats plan assumes cuts in Medicare....that ain't gonna happen. At least the Republicans didn't include savings that will never appear. As for the CBO, I don't trust their numbers one way or the other....as mentioned in here many times, go look at the initial expected costs of Medicare by the CBO and compare to what they turned into.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Excellent....but you're only going to confuse them with the facts. No matter what you present, it will be either ignored or denied. Think I'm wrong? Watch if anyone says "gee....you were right all along. The VA has pretty good care". Any bets?

    I also find it interesting that two doctors are the ones arguing that government health care is very high quality, in discussion with two people that work for insurance companies, who are sure it isn't.

    Go figure.
    Hey....don't pull me into this dog fight. If you are referring to me as one of the "two people that work for insurance companies", go back and read and I don't think I said a word about the VA. Personally, I hope the care is as good as you two "doctors" say it is because Veterans deserve the best care we can afford. I would gladly pay a little more in taxes for folks who fought for my freedom. If you weren't referring to me, then I apologize.

    By the way....I don't work "for" an insurance company. I pick and choose who I work for. I'm a 1099 guy.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Oh Davidra.....rather than write a ton of stuff that you will just dismiss and scream again how I hate children and black people, just go to the above link and read the comments....plenty of interesting tidbits there. One in particular I like is that the democrats plan assumes cuts in Medicare....that ain't gonna happen. At least the Republicans didn't include savings that will never appear. As for the CBO, I don't trust their numbers one way or the other....as mentioned in here many times, go look at the initial expected costs of Medicare by the CBO and compare to what they turned into.
    Oh...comments. Yes, there are indeed "tidbits". And fecaliths as well. As you well know, the only thing that matter to me is 3 million covered vs 36 million covered. The republican plans, none of them, then or now, come close to dealing with what is the major problem....the large number of uninsured, most of whom are working people. But as usual, they are less important to you than keeping your insurance company in the black....because if it went under and you needed unemployment, you'd pass it up, right? And I don't think you hate children, you just don't really care that insurance companies have dumped them because of profits. Instead, you blame the president. He denied nothing. And don't be too sure there won't be cuts in Medicare. I can guarantee there will be cuts in Advantage. That will save quite a bit of money, currently being shoveled to private health plans.

    And I apologize. You don't work for a company, you just sell their products, right? And you are correct, you haven't weighed in on the VA, so I doubly apologize.
  11. #331  
    As for the efficiency of insurance companies on claims vs the government, well, I personally have never had to file a government claim....but....my insurance company seems very timely on their claims. The only problem I had with my recent surgery claims had to do with the hospital dragging their feet and not providing the proper information. When I called the insurance company, the delay had something to do with the hospital not providing the check in and check out times of my admittance. When I pressed the issue with the insurance company they informed me their files are audited and if they didn't have this info available they could be fined. Maybe you know what that is about Davidra, but my guess is some government audit? Anyway....once the providers provided the proper information the claims were processed extremely quickly. Heck, the insurance company (actually a nurse) even called me about a month after the surgery to check on me and see if I had any questions regarding my procedure! I wonder if Betty Sue with the government would have done that?

    And by the way.....I do have clients that call me regarding delays that do end up being the insurance company's fault, I'd be lying if I said that didn't happen. But more often the problem is traced back to the providers and them not filing a form correctly or providing the proper information.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  12. #332  
    hey Clem, who is raising the rates? the insurance companies? perhaps. lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh...comments. Yes, there are indeed "tidbits". And fecaliths as well. As you well know, the only thing that matter to me is 3 million covered vs 36 million covered. The republican plans, none of them, then or now, come close to dealing with what is the major problem....the large number of uninsured, most of whom are working people. But as usual, they are less important to you than keeping your insurance company in the black....because if it went under and you needed unemployment, you'd pass it up, right? And I don't think you hate children, you just don't really care that insurance companies have dumped them because of profits. Instead, you blame the president. He denied nothing. And don't be too sure there won't be cuts in Medicare. I can guarantee there will be cuts in Advantage. That will save quite a bit of money, currently being shoveled to private health plans.

    And I apologize. You don't work for a company, you just sell their products, right? And you are correct, you haven't weighed in on the VA, so I doubly apologize.
    I think that is the first time you did one of those "Thanks" comment for me davidra....I feel we have hit a new level in our relationship....then....you actually apologized to me.

    And by the way....just so you won't worry about me....I would be fine as I have a "diversified" practice I actually started reworking my practice a couple of years ago to get ready for obama care and so hopefully in a couple of years I will have covered what I will possibly lose. Just trying to stay one step ahead of the man, ya know?

    Not sure why you can't understand that policies that obama signed off on caused insurance companies to deny coverage to children. Of course obama didn't say "no coverage for children", but he did sign a bill that gave insurance companies no choice but to do what they did. Other than say "you've just given a reason for a public option", please tell me how an insurance company can afford to accept a child with say....cancer....take a $300 per month premium (probably lower, but we'll make it that) for say a year ($3600) and pay out, what?, $100,000....$200,000?.....for a year of treatment. What don't you follow there? Then, if the child hopefully recovered after that year, the child's parents could stop paying premiums and walk away. I just don't understand how you can ignore those scenarios? Oh sure, some parents would pay for health coverage on their children regardless of their health status, but many will simply use the insurance companies as a product they will just pay for when they need it. Again.....please explain how that would work OTHER than using it as a reason for the public option.

    By the way....as an update.....BC/BS of SC has announced they will start to remarket coverage for children shortly. We don't have the rates yet, and they will only be covered if on an adult's plan, but at least they are about to start again.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    hey Clem, who is raising the rates? the insurance companies? perhaps. lol
    Umm...yes....who else? If they have to provide more benefits and cover more unhealthy folks, then yes, rates will go up. What's your point? Were you under the impression that the government was controlling premiums? I'm sure that will come if the democrats stay in charge....but not the case thus far.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Excellent....but you're only going to confuse them with the facts. No matter what you present, it will be either ignored or denied. Think I'm wrong? Watch if anyone says "gee....you were right all along. The VA has pretty good care". Any bets?

    I also find it interesting that two doctors are the ones arguing that government health care is very high quality, in discussion with two people that work for insurance companies, who are sure it isn't.

    Go figure.
    I think all we can do David, is to provide information and let people decide for themselves. Granted, the Walter Reed incident shows that no system is perfect, but despite that, all objective measures point to the VA health care system being as good if not better than its private counterpart. Lets look at public satisfaction measures:

    US Department of Defense
    VA Outranks Private Sector in Health Care Patient Satisfaction

    Time Magazine
    How Veterans' Hospitals Became the Best in Health Care

    Department of Veterans Affairs
    Vets Give VA Top Health Care Rating – Five Years in a Row
  16. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Fiscal responsibility, hiring good personnel and billing through private health insurance reimbursement is what all med centers do. But research and teaching cost extra, and if centers like MDACC did not get subsidized by government funding, they could not compete financially with non-academic centers who do no research and little teaching, thats a fact.

    So again I would argue that what sets places like MDACC apart, what makes people on this forum brag about them as an example of how good our health care system is, has very little to do with our private health insurance system and quite a lot to do with how they are subsidized by your and my tax dollars.

    Its a prime example of government intervention having a very positive impact on health care here in America.
    Surely you aren't saying we can just throw a couple hundred million to, oh say, MLK and boom! We have our next state of the art cancer center.
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I think that is the first time you did one of those "Thanks" comment for me davidra....I feel we have hit a new level in our relationship....then....you actually apologized to me.


    Not sure why you can't understand that policies that obama signed off on caused insurance companies to deny coverage to children. Of course obama didn't say "no coverage for children", but he did sign a bill that gave insurance companies no choice but to do what they did. Other than say "you've just given a reason for a public option", please tell me how an insurance company can afford to accept a child with say....cancer....take a $300 per month premium (probably lower, but we'll make it that) for say a year ($3600) and pay out, what?, $100,000....$200,000?.....for a year of treatment. What don't you follow there? Then, if the child hopefully recovered after that year, the child's parents could stop paying premiums and walk away. I just don't understand how you can ignore those scenarios? Oh sure, some parents would pay for health coverage on their children regardless of their health status, but many will simply use the insurance companies as a product they will just pay for when they need it. Again.....please explain how that would work OTHER than using it as a reason for the public option.
    Don't get too comfortable.

    There is no possible way that the insurance companies would have any idea how expanding coverage will affect their bottom line, since they hadn't even started providing coverage when they decided to withdraw. Admittedly, this situation is different than the mandate, because it's likely that the only children being added to diversify the risk will have pre-existing conditions and will likely affect their bottom line...but they have no idea whether that will really happen. They could have always actually tried it, but they chose to run and protect their bottom line and children were the worse for it. When the mandate and exchanges kick in, it appears likely that insurance companies will experience a windfall. I still maintain those companies that refuse to insure kids now should be excluded from the exchanges. It's time that insurance companies do their part, just like providers and hospitals will at some point when reimbursement rates decrease. All those are necessary to cut costs. Single payor would cut them even more, but we don't have that yet.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Surely you aren't saying we can just throw a couple hundred million to, oh say, MLK and boom! We have our next state of the art cancer center.

    They all had to start somewhere, now, didn't they? Many academic centers already have cancer centers. What makes them "state of the art" is recruiting leading academic personnel and providing facilities. A couple of hundred million dollars can recruit some pretty fine talent. It's the facilities that run the cost up. That's why most cancer centers get a significant portion of their budget from philanthropy. But if you're suggesting that hospitals that do not have access to paying patients would be challenged, you're exactly right. Hospitals lose millions of dollars annually providing care to people that don't have insurance. Hey...come to think of it....that's another good reason for everyone to have insurance, right?
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #339  
    You're right on the talent part, and that money can buy talent, but that's just part of the formula... otherwise the Houston Astro's would have had several pennants by now
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You're right on the talent part, and that money can buy talent, but that's just part of the formula... otherwise the Houston Astro's would have had several pennants by now
    You better enjoy them while you can, because when Texas secedes they will likely move to New Orleans. By the way, is there any way you can hurry that along?

Posting Permissions