Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    its like i knew id be. I went ahead and tried out a samsung moment for about three weeks i have "thank goodness" got my pre back. now i know that the moment is like a mid tier android device, but i mean it still runs at 800 Mhz and it doesnt run 1/100th as well as a overclocked pre at 800 Mhz. that being said i really believe the next generation palm phone will absolutely run smoother than any android with similar specs. i had the moment stock for a little while and it stunk and then i rooted and flashed to a new rom and it still stunk. the only advantage android even remotely has are the cool and well run google apps. i will miss google navigation and google goggles as well as most of the other ones. i just couldnt stand constantly fighting with the OS to keep memory available because for some reason android loves to just open a ton of apps in the background for what seems to be no particular reason. universal search doesnt touch webos and definitely wont even be anything close when 2.0 hits. and last but not least the community is horrible. well atleast compared to webos that is. i got a little help from people but not much. my thoughts behind the switch was i went through my third pre in a week so they offered me to switch to the moment and being my dork self i thought i never had an android phone or even played with one so i must atleast give it a shot. i know that the more high powered phones probably dont have all the technical issues but no piece of hardware can make up for the frustrations i encountered when it came to the os itself. well anyway im glad to be back and like i said i knew i would be.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    welcome back. We aren't bitter, you have found your way
    *hugs*
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    welcome back. We aren't bitter, you have found your way
    *hugs*
    i knew you all wouldnt be. it just sured up the fact that im definitely waiting for the next webos phone. oh one more thing i forgot to mention. i have to have a touchstone now. after having it in both vehicles and all over the house being forced to have to go back to opening the port and plugging in everywhere is killer trust me!!

I'm not a die-hard Pre freak, but it's pretty much what a ton of others are going to say, anyway!

Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

I'm not a die-hard Pre freak, but it's pretty much what a ton of others are going to say, anyway!

im not one either well atleast i wasnt a palm ******. never had a thing palm in my life before the pre. so far i think its the community more than anything that im the biggest fan of.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    is it ironic that i used the term fellas and the two replies so far are ladies im pretty sure. sorry about that.
    ROFL! Yes, definitely female here, that is really my own pic as my avatar!

No offense taken!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Welcome back, jwinn.

You still coulda stayed here no matter what phone you used, ya know.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    im not one either well atleast i wasnt a palm ******. never had a thing palm in my life before the pre. so far i think its the community more than anything that im the biggest fan of.
    +1 I have to add that webOS Rules
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Welcome back, jwinn.

You still coulda stayed here no matter what phone you used, ya know.
    yeah I know my wife has a pixi so I ended up using her phone to browse the web and check pre central every now and again.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Welcome Back.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    is it ironic that i used the term fellas and the two replies so far are ladies im pretty sure. sorry about that.
    so now I have to add "dude" somewhere on my Left side panel? That's ok I'm not offended. And I wasn't actually offering REAL big warm hugs, just more of an expression. But that's ok if you felt loved. I'm comfortable in myself and not too creeped out.
    Where you should have been in the first place. "The Prodigal Son As Return" :-D
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    HA! .. Android Schamndroid. I tried it too, I had a Samsung Epic. It was a nice device, but I really really missed my WebOS, so I returned it and went back to the Pre too.

welcome back, the grass isn't always greener, at least we both came to our senses