Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Once or twice? add some zeros to that...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    But what happens when its not just the teachers or the material studied as much as it is the lazy punk kids who would rather do drugs and commit other crimes than get an education and get out of a bad situation? It is not my responsibility as a tax payer to take care of someones child when they cant or wont take care of their personal responsibilities. It is their job to get an education......if you dont get what youre studying then go to the library, go to an uncle an aunt a friend a teacher or someone who can help and FRIGGIN EMPOWER YOURSELF!
    This is a hot button issue, everything I know is because I pushed myself hard thru it all and I no one else......I did it.
    Im an electrician, Im a lineman, Im almost a blackbelt in my training because I push hard 5 days a week. Im a top employee at work because I go faster and harder than the others around me.
    So dont give me the crap that it is everyones job because its not.........its yours and yours alone........get an education and be responsible for yourself!

Edit* and dont give me the location bs either, you can read a dang book under a tree!
    so in short you believe its a parenting issue??
    If I only had the time and energy to invest in one or the other, which I think is the case with most people, I would use my time and energy to invest in my child. Maybe that's selfish, or maybe I owe it to my child. So I'm not going to bother to try and change the public school system, but rather use whatever time I have to inculcate good habits into my child.
    So, last Summer I was in the D.C. area visiting my son and I happened to mention the awesome display of 'Old Glory' and details that they'd added at the Smithsonian National History Museum. The child had just finished 8th grade and had no idea what I was talking about. Had to take him to the museum and teach him myself.

Thus, I'm with Berd.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    In hindsight, I think everyone’s opinion on what ought to be done about the educational system in the United States is absolutely correct and simply a fragment of a complex issue. The key word is “education”. There are many moving parts that have to work in synergy for the system to work. Parental responsibility and accountability, a supportive community, adequate funding on the basis that all school districts are equal, are just some of the areas that would enhance our educational system.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If I only had the time and energy to invest in one or the other, which I think is the case with most people, I would use my time and energy to invest in my child. Maybe that's selfish, or maybe I owe it to my child. So I'm not going to bother to try and change the public school system, but rather use whatever time I have to inculcate good habits into my child.

Exactly my point.......teach them young and they will make better choices.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    In hindsight, I think everyone’s opinion on what ought to be done about the educational system in the United States is absolutely correct and simply a fragment of a complex issue. The key word is “education”. There are many moving parts that have to work in synergy for the system to work. Parental responsibility and accountability, a supportive community, adequate funding on the basis that all school districts are equal, are just some of the areas that would enhance our educational system.
    the level of education, however is Solely Dependant on the school system, meaning, aside from putting a kid into a private school, there really isnt a choice in the level of education given as whole to the kids.

yes we can encourage our kids to push the limit, but when that limit is so low on the limbo pole well...
    wrong, there are other ways to get more info and education than what is offered in public screwls but you have to be willing to go get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the level of education, however is Solely Dependant on the school system, meaning, aside from putting a kid into a private school, there really isnt a choice in the level of education given as whole to the kids.

yes we can encourage our kids to push the limit, but when that limit is so low on the limbo pole well...
  9.    #29  
    yes.. However to put EVERY child in the same go out a just do it category is impossible, there has to be starting point, motivation, to do so. Crappy teachers , combined with unconcerned parents , is Not the best start
  10.    #30  
    *NEW TOPIC*

a lighter topic.... Natural or Enhanced?? Plastic surgery, Why oh Why?
    wrong topic now, but I remember seeing this recently.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in english, thank a soldier. -bumper sticker
    Plastic surgery.... a boob is a boob. Saline, silicone, or home grown fat. I'm sure if I was breast feeding it would make a difference to me, but I do not like milk. If it makes you feel better about you, then you should do it. If you are doing it to please someone else, you need a shrink not a plastic surgeon.
    All real here, except hair color and staying that way!
  14.    #35  
    thats what im talking about!!!

i like my women , el natural

ok so mostly natural... lol
    ROFL!

I have enough problems without wanting those stupid types of surgery.
  16.    #37  
    is it due to insecurity all these surgeries ??? i believe a lot of men are starting to get them too

Attached Images Attached Images
    rule of thumb: if it doesn't occur in nature, it's probably not attractive.

that's true of plastic surgery as well as make up. I most cases less is more.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/22/2010 at 09:41 AM.
  18.    #39  
    but yet so many people get them a year.. There are a ton of diff procedures , from lip injections to eyelid surgery?? I mean wow. Looks like people have become so hung up on looks that they'll inject just about anything in their body now a days
    and bald men think people don't notice if the do a "comb over"...

they both look silly.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast