Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously!! How could the Tea Party Express get behind O'Donnell given her history? Not just ancient history but even very recent history?

She filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in 2004, claiming she was fired for complaining about gender discrimination. She then tried to sue her former employer, which she eventually dropped as she had no case.

She was fired for running a side business while on the employers time.

She has paid her personal living expenses out of campaign funds which is clearly illegal.

Does anyone seriously think this person will be anything other than the epitome of the stereotypical corrupt politician? Jeebus! she already is and she hasn't even won.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) Calls for Federal Criminal Investigation into Christine O’Donnell for Campaign Finance Fraud
    I have no illusions about what most of my gender is like, it is sad, but true, that many women will support her SOLELY because she is a fellow woman. They can't think past that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    .... and out come the knives.....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm curious whether she has actually been charged or convicted of anything. Not that I support her (or have ever heard of her) but it says that it is based on an affidavit from one person in her campaign. I would hope that he stapled the receipts to his affidavit. Lot's of mean things being said, but I don't see any actual evidence. Of course, it's always safe to assume that anyone that runs for office is a crook - I predict that some day scientists will discover that the "crook" gene is also the gene that produces political ambition and power mongering.

And I must question the credibility of the writer, after reading this ridiculous statement:

"...Republicans and Democrats don't agree on much these days, but both sides should agree on one point: thieves belong in jail not the United States Senate."

If this were true, about 95% of congressmen and senators would resign. They are all crooks.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    daThomas when I first saw this thread my first thought was that someone like Lindsay Lohan had been nominated for an Oscar.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Lot's of mean things being said, but I don't see any actual evidence.
    You may want to click that little linky and scroll the resulting page to the link labeled:

"CLICK HERE to see CREW's exhibits of evidence regarding Christine O'Donnell."

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    You may want to click that little linky and scroll the resulting page to the link labeled:

"CLICK HERE to see CREW's exhibits of evidence regarding Christine O'Donnell."

I read through the first 40 pages before my eyes rolled in to the back of my head and I passed out.

Keep in mind that I assume she is guilty because she is a politician. I also don't know much about campaign finance law. And those are ledgers, not receipts. All that said, it all looks like the expense reports I file all the time. Costs associated with travel, which seem fine to me.

The only red flag I saw was all those disbursements that were for even amounts - $50.00, $300.00, etc. It's rare that things end in even dollar denominations. The issue would be to find the invoice and documentation for those expenses. She could easily hire her landlord as a "consultant" and pay him that way. But I didn't see anything that looked like "apartment rent" on the 40 pages I looked at.

Standard accounting practices say there would have to be receipts for all that stuff, but the ledger itself didn't seem to be a problem.

Did you read the remaining pages and see something I missed.

Again, I'm assuming she is guilty, and I'm not an expert in election finance rules. I just thought it was so clearly biased that it made me assume that the author is no more honest than the person they were writing about. I hope I'm wrong.

This is why I am swearing off the OT forums. I get sucked in to reading this stuff and then I cant get my work done. But, it's all good.
    by the way, Conan Obrien just tweeted this:
    The Tea Party candidate who won the Delaware primary opposes masturbation. And they call themselves patriots…
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    daThomas when I first saw this thread my first thought was that someone like Lindsay Lohan had been nominated for an Oscar.
    Didn't Italy elect an adult star recently? Minnesota elected a comedian and a professional wrestler. Maybe Lindsay would be a good politician. She couldn't be any worse than the ones already in office.

just sayin
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    All of this stuff about her was being talked about before she won the primary. Right or wrong, one might consider that the voters don't care; they just want somebody to step in and stop the endless cycle of spending and to cut taxes.

If it takes a train wreck to do that, so be it.
    Wow, I just looked up the address of the "office" that she is paying rent on... it's an apartment building. Anyone that would run for office with that sort of baggage is a real narcissist. There isn't much chance that this will end well

248 Presidential Drive, Wilmington, DE
    248 Presidential Drive, Wilmington, DE - Google Maps
  12.    #12  
    All of this stuff about her was being talked about before she won the primary. Right or wrong, one might consider that the voters don't care; they just want somebody to step in and stop the endless cycle of spending and to cut taxes.

If it takes a train wreck to do that, so be it.
    But her personal and business life seems to be the antithesis of the Tea-Baggers, I mean Tea-Party.

She Big gov't agencies that enforce liberal policies, litigious behavior, a lack of personal responsibility to employees and withing her own finances.

It just confuses me.
    Was the use of campaign funds for living expenses for this campaign or her prior campaigns against Biden?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    But her personal and business life seems to be the antithesis of the Tea-Baggers, I mean Tea-Party.
    Personal and business life snafu's are universal. Ask Charlie Rangel.
    Personal and business life snafu's are universal. Ask Charlie Rangel.
    I was just about to mention the good Charlie Rangel. Actually, am anxiously awaiting daThomas to make a post about how anyone could vote to keep him in office....talk about a tax cheat! What? He's a liberal and therefore above the law and allowed to cheat on his taxes? Oh....dang....forgot....different rules for certain folks....kind of like nobility.

At least daThomas didn't attack her for the witchcraft thing. I guess he decided to forgive her for that since the democrats forgave Byrd for being in the KKK when he was 30. So 2 for that.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    First...to speak on the OT...

Maybe, just maybe, people are looking for a REAL person in office. You know, someone who's imperfect, like they are.

Personally, I don't believe a thing a politician says after he says "I know what you're going through".

Really? After your parents paid for you to go to Harvard...avoid military service...give you a couple hundred-thousand dollars to start your own business or own your first home?

You know what my life's like?

I WANT a politician who's bounced a check. I WANT a politician who's sat at the dinner table with their bills in front of them and said "Hmmm...groceries...or paying the phone bill. I can't pay both." I WANT a politician who's made mistakes, and learned from them. Who can think back and remember that LIFE IS HARD...and you don't get through the hard times by standing on your front porch, screaming "Won't somebody please help me!?!?!"...you get through it by DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELF. Get a better job. Don't qualify for a better job? Go learn a skill so you DO qualify for a better job. Can't afford to go to school? Library is free. If all else fails, join the military (that's what I did out of high school). They'll pay you, feed you, give you a place to live, and train you to do a skill.

And yes, occasionally associate with the wrong people. If for no other reason, to able to say to yourself "Whatever I do in life, I'm not going to be like THAT guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have no illusions about what most of my gender is like, it is sad, but true, that many women will support her SOLELY because she is a fellow woman. They can't think past that.

Isn't this how Obama won the election? "Vote for the Black Man...make history!"

"What? You're not voting for Obama? Why...because he's BLACK???!!"
  17.    #17  
    So half of you are comparing her to an existing potentially dishonest politician and saying two wrongs make a right and the other half are saying "oh that just means she's like me."

Talk to the campaign staffers sitting at their kitchen tables staring at bills because she has not paid them in two years.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Talk to the campaign staffers sitting at their kitchen tables staring at bills because she has not paid them in two years.
    Tell the staffers to stand in line, daThomas. That's the point.
    Anyone who knowingly breaks a law is not someone I want representing me (which assumes that what she did is illegal).

Bouncing a check is one thing (assuming it was an accident) but violating a law to pay rent... that's not ok. Breaking the law - even for good reason - is still breaking the law.

...unless you are Charlie Rangle, Tim Geitner, etc.
    They are all the same..crooked and corrupt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast