Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have an 18 yr old daughter who is still in highschool....well she likes to wear those low rise right jeans....you know the ones that just about every girl in the country wears. Well some young man with over active hormones whos parents never taught him to be a descent person to a woman decided to slap her on the but.
    So in turn she went to the office where the people who are supposed to run the school said she shouldn't be wearing jeans like that! I in turn pointed out that by the looks of the dress code she hasn't done anything wrong and that maybe that young man should be reprimanded and they just laughed like I was nuts or something *** guys?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I would call the Superintendent. That is completely unacceptable, regardless of what she was wearing. What happens if this guy assaults another girl? (and yes it was assault.)
    as a father, I don't let my girls wear jeans like that.

however, even if they are see-through it isn't ok for someone to touch her without permission. A ****-slap is probably harmless, but if it bothers her enough for her to complain, then I'd be having a talk with him.

I like Bill Engval's line "son, I've got no problem going back to prison..."

That should make him think twice.
  4.    #4  
    +100000000 thankyou for seeing it that way, I thought I was in another world for a sec.
  5.    #5  
    again another supporter. Thankyou very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I would call the Superintendent. That is completely unacceptable, regardless of what she was wearing. What happens if this guy assaults another girl? (and yes it was assault.)
    Unacceptable indeed, especially if she went to the office looking for help. However we are talking about teenagers here.....I'm not giving this guy an excuse but if such attention was unwanted she may wish to dress less casually.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I was going to make a "pics or it didnt happen" joke here, but, it just comes off creepy.

The whole "she wore low rise pants and was asking for the harassment" is a poor way for student faculty to deal with this issue. Sure, it's an ***-slap now, but what if it had been something much worse? Would it be her fault wearing the pants that were obviously "asking for it"?

Pretty clear that there should be some sort of reprimand at the very least, it's an unwanted physical sexual advance. Lack of any kind of punishment only reinforces that this sort of action is "ok". Guys running around ***-slappiing girls all over the school would be pretty clearly inappropriate, and therefor this incident is equally inappropriate.

Whatever happens though, it's a relatively minor "incident". I wouldn't personally get too worked up about it unless it keeps happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    +1 If the Principal is not willing to repremand the offender, he/she should be put to task. IMO
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #9  
    ok now I can see if she went to school in her bra and panties how that might be a signal that she wants attention but as a society there has to be a line here. She was not dressed provacitivly in my opinion and she was within the dresscode so how did she do something wrong when it was the young man who committed the offense? Does the gun kill or is it the ***** who pulls the trigger? Lets put the blame where it belongs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Unacceptable indeed, especially if she went to the office looking for help. However we are talking about teenagers here.....I'm not giving this guy an excuse but if such attention was unwanted she may wish to dress less casually.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Does the gun kill or is it the ***** who pulls the trigger?
    I find that most often in the case of teenagers....both.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I find that most often in the case of teenagers....both.
    I say he needs to swallow his teeth IMHO.
    Call the local media and expose the ignorance of the school faculty. What's the difference between a slap on the a.. or a slap in the face? Nothing they are both assault, and if the school tells you different, bit ch slap them til they see the difference.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Call the local media and expose the ignorance of the school faculty. What's the difference between a slap on the a.. or a slap in the face? Nothing they are both assault, and if the school tells you different, bit ch slap them til they see the difference.
    After you get your local paper and TV station phone numbers, I would call the Superintendent. If Super doesn't take care of it immediately, tell him how you will be contacting the School Board next, followed immediately by ALL your local media.

I don't have daughters, but I have a wife, a sister, a mother and grandmothers. It's completely inappropriate and the school must take action of some kind.

I have two young sons, and if they ever did that crap, the School Administration and the Police would be the least of their worries.
    I see pandas.
    That is sexual harassment any way you look at it as well as assault.

You need to go to the school and take the sheriff w/ you. File charges for assault.

If you file sexual harassment charges he'll be on the sex offender registry for life. (might be a little harsh for a first offence, but if its not?

I am good friends w/ a h/s principal and believe me they dont like it when the police have to get involved because the administration didnt take appropriate action.

This is Most definitely UNACCEPTABLE!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

There isn't any "unless you dress like you want it" clause at the end of behavior standards. That boorish thinking went out with the 1950's

I think we are all in agreement that the school isn't handling it well. We set clothing standards for our family, not the school - so the fact that it was within the dress code is not reason enough to say she should wear it. (Insert your mother here, saying "if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would that make it ok for you to do it???")

However, that's isn't what any of us are saying. There is no such thing as "asking for it" unless you verbally "ask for it"... Case law and precedent is VERY clear. I'm sure right next to the dress code in the student handbook are many pages on sexual harassment and unacceptable behavior by students, recourse for violations, etc. THAT'S the point. The school has standards. I guaranty they discuss unacceptable behavior, and there isn't any "unless you dress like you are asking for it" disclaimer at the end.

Whoever said that to your daughter is an ***** and needs to have the student manual plastered all over his office. He is essentially telling your daughter that men aren't responsible for their behavior unless the girl prevents it. I'm getting wound up just typing this.

Personally, I'd have a conversation with student manual in hand with the person she talked to, and all the way up the chain. And, I'd have a casual conversation with the boy, quiet enough that no one could hear me mention that he best not be doing that again to my daughter or anyone elses. Tell him that someone out there is currently dating HIS future wife, and he probably hopes she is dating a real gentleman. He'll probably start crying with that line, FYI.

Anyway, even though you should use this as a teachable moment as to why women need to watch how they dress (because they truly don't understand how guys think) - don't miss the point that it is never her fault if a guy does something without her permission, and the school MUST enforce that through their guidelines of acceptable behavior.

I hope this help you realize you are in the right on this...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/16/2010 at 06:38 PM.
    I pretty much agree with what everyone is writing here. Your daughter needs you to protect her right now, not that she can't do it herself as she has already shown, but since no one paid much attention to her complaint, now it's time for Daddy to get involved. Show her what a real man looks like as you defend her honor, with respectful but very forceful actions to the "leadership" of her school.

Then tell her she can only date guys who would do the same for her or for his future daughter(s). You then earn her trust and loyalty, and you've taught her a lesson on men, all at the same time.
    I would have went to that kids house and talked to his father. If the father made me more angry I would have slapped him down right infront of his kid. Sorry,i am pitbull when it comes to my daughters. I have 3,two of them are teens. It's tough,i don't like everything they wear but guess what,dont kid yrself,if you tell them not to wear something they will anyway. My 14 yr old told me she has many friends who are not allowed to wear certain things and they just change as soon as they get to school in the restroom,then they change before they go home. Nuts. No matter what,nobody has a right and there is no excuse to lay a hand on anyone,no matter how they are dressed.
    as a young woman in HS, i would assume your daughter knows the right spot to kick to put a guy on the ground. Id say encourage this behavior, but then again, that kind of thing gets kids locked up these days.

Id say 2sslow's comment is the correct action to take, but the kid still deserves a kick in the jewels for some perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I was going to make a "pics or it didnt happen" joke here, but, it just comes off creepy.
    I'm 17, would it be okay if I requested pictures?

all jokes aside, as a teenage boy I have to say the kid was an *****. My school has ober 1600 students. That's 1600 teenagers. So trust me, I know what an ***** looks like.

I would start off by puting a good scare into the school, then contacting the kid and putting a scare into him. At 18 he's still a kid, and an *****. (i'm not making excuses, I haven't done anything where I use that excuse for, or anything close to that scale, but the fact is on a daily basis I'm surounded by idiots. )That kid might not be an ***** 10 years from now, but If you get the cops involved (to my knowledge) he's going to screwed for life. Now, your a father, and it's your right as a father to legally screw over any kids who harms your daughter. (i'm not being sarcastic, It's how a father feels.. I'm not a father, I'm assuming).

If you could somehow end it with scaring the kid, and the school without screwing the kid for life it be better, but no ones saying you don't have the right to screw him up.

(thoughts of a teenager/ thoughts of an *****, so feel free to ignore them)
    If her instant gut feeling was this wasn't right... then guess what.. it wasn't right. And the fact that the male didn't even get verbally reprimanded... odds are hi in his mind this behavior is now acceptable.

And correct me if i'm wrong.. but if i smack a girls *** while at work and in the real world... odds are hi i will be sued... i repeat... sued and fired.

Plus i'm in New Jersey.. these girls here will knock you the F OUT!! if you tried and pulled that stuff.

BUT on the other hand... i hope some lesson is learned on how you present yourself actually does matter and does affect (somewhat) how others perceive you. And yes just about every girl that can, indeed does wear those.

I would have a talk with a woman at the school and ask her if this behavior is tolerated in the school and if she whould have a problem if a co-worker smacked her on the ***... and ask her for a YES or NO answer ONLY.

Like the 17 year old above... I wouldn't demand suspension.. BUT i would ask a woman teacher sit him down for 5 minutes and explain he can easily RUIN the rest of his life for things like this. A funny joke can easily turn into something crazy.

PS i hope your girl doesn't "suddenly" like him or try and seek and approval from him.. very bad as a common way that high school jerks get girls is to treat them badly and get them to say... why did he do that! why doesn't he like me, and poof...
    Last edited by antonio3; 09/16/2010 at 07:22 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast