Page 217 of 240 FirstFirst ... 117167207212213214215216217218219220221222227 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 4782
  1. #4321  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've grown to hate all other OS's.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    All mac users feel like that. Whenever I use a mac I get filled with rage. Use the darn alt key like every other OS on the planet damnit

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  2. #4322  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    All mac users feel like that. Whenever I use a mac I get filled with rage. Use the darn alt key like every other OS on the planet damnit

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I used Windows for many years, it's all my ex-husband would permit to be purchased. I hate it.



    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. #4323  
    Afternoon

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #4324  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I used Windows for many years, it's all my ex-husband would permit to be purchased. I hate it.



    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    windows is meh unless it's windows 7 which is good, linux is my favorite though

    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Afternoon

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    good day kind fellow
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  5. #4325  
    I haven't really looked into it much so I don't know for sure but android apps are just java apps right
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  6. #4326  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    I haven't really looked into it much so I don't know for sure but android apps are just java apps right
    No clue here, I just use them.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #4327  
    well I wanna get off my lazy bum and start app development for android and webOS but I don't have an android device would anybody be willing to test stuff on the android end for me?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  8. #4328  
    well I wanna get off my lazy bum and start app development for android and webOS but I don't have an android device would anybody be willing to test stuff on the android end for me?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  9. #4329  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    windows is meh unless it's windows 7 which is good, linux is my favorite though
    I love Windows 7! Much better than Vista lol lol. I don't have Linux set up as a dual boot anymore... I'm waiting until I get a new hard drive. I'm still using the crap 250gb 5400rpm drive that came with this laptop.

    I'm still deciding between these:
    - Newegg.com - Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9500420AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    - Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio Black WD5000BEKT 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    - Newegg.com - Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive -Bare Drive

    The Momentus XT is currently having some major issues though. However, Seagate has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix... Once they get it fixed, I'll probably end up buying one. It's a great deal for only $99!
  10. #4330  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    well I wanna get off my lazy bum and start app development for android and webOS but I don't have an android device would anybody be willing to test stuff on the android end for me?
    I'd test, when I have time. I can easily load and install files from my sd card.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. #4331  
    I can test stuff too at night. I only test things if I'm near my computer in case things go wrong lol.
  12. #4332  
    My dad called me, he does have skin cancer. The initial attempts to remove it didn't work and he has to see a specialist surgeon this week.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #4333  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    My dad called me, he does have skin cancer. The initial attempts to remove it didn't work and he has to see a specialist surgeon this week.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Excuse me if you've already said but do you mind if I ask what kind?
  14. #4334  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Excuse me if you've already said but do you mind if I ask what kind?
    I don't know, yet. His doctor didn't give specifics, he won't find out, until he sees the specialist. He really just a small town doc and not the best at handling this stuff.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  15. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #4335  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I don't know, yet. His doctor didn't give specifics, he won't find out, until he sees the specialist. He really just a small town doc and not the best at handling this stuff.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    If it's BCC, which is by far the most common, it's also very slow growing, extremely treatable, and almost never metastasizes.

    Let's hope for the best. Hang in there!
  16. #4336  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it's BCC, which is by far the most common, it's also very slow growing, extremely treatable, and almost never metastasizes.

    Let's hope for the best. Hang in there!
    Thank you and I'm trying. He's all I had for most of my life.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17. #4337  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it's BCC, which is by far the most common, it's also very slow growing, extremely treatable, and almost never metastasizes.

    Let's hope for the best. Hang in there!
    I just looked that up and there's a good chance you're right. He's 82 and spent most of his life working construction in the sun.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  18. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #4338  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I just looked that up and there's a good chance you're right. He's 82 and spent most of his life working construction in the sun.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    If it is, he'll most likely be just fine. Be careful of the internet, though, since what you'll find are a lot of worst case scenarios. The majority of cases are completely removed with only minimal scarring. Its not uncommon for a man his age to have more than one so it would be a good idea for him to see a dermatologist every year for a check up. Also, there are topical chemotherapeutic agents that he can use every couple of years to get small ones that aren't visible yet. His face will be very red for a couple months and he won't be able to be in the sun so he may not like that.
  19. #4339  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it is, he'll most likely be just fine. Be careful of the internet, though, since what you'll find are a lot of worst case scenarios. The majority of cases are completely removed with only minimal scarring. Its not uncommon for a man his age to have more than one so it would be a good idea for him to see a dermatologist every year for a check up. Also, there are topical chemotherapeutic agents that he can use every couple of years to get small ones that aren't visible yet. His face will be very red for a couple months and he won't be able to be in the sun so he may not like that.
    I called to try and get more details and he said the doc did say it's not the type that's fatal.

    As to more than one, yes, he currently has 2 lesions.

    And thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated!!

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  20. #4340  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If it is, he'll most likely be just fine. Be careful of the internet, though, since what you'll find are a lot of worst case scenarios. The majority of cases are completely removed with only minimal scarring. Its not uncommon for a man his age to have more than one so it would be a good idea for him to see a dermatologist every year for a check up. Also, there are topical chemotherapeutic agents that he can use every couple of years to get small ones that aren't visible yet. His face will be very red for a couple months and he won't be able to be in the sun so he may not like that.
    Wow groovy are you a doc??

    And verwon here's hoping this blows over as easily as groovy makes it sound!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions