Page 173 of 240 FirstFirst ... 73123163168169170171172173174175176177178183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4782
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The WiFi is down at the Starbucks I'm at... so I have desperate people connecting to my MHS, with names like "FBI Surveillance Van", "Virus Server", or "do not connect" etc. I get 4 or 5 connections, and then I rename it to something like "The FBI is now tracking you" or "I told you not to Connect"... how wrong is that?

I do that at school all the time, either that or I just keep cutting off the signal on them
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    The WiFi is down at the Starbucks I'm at... so I have desperate people connecting to my MHS, with names like "FBI Surveillance Van", "Virus Server", or "do not connect" etc. I get 4 or 5 connections, and then I rename it to something like "The FBI is now tracking you" or "I told you not to Connect"... how wrong is that?

Oh man... I would have so much fun with that!

You need to put a password on your hotspot. Lol lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm... I'm not good enough to make something like that.

Drat. I posted it and also passed along the request to Terry S. (the guy who was trying to revive the free music ringtones app). I hope we get something like this without me having to try and code it myself
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    I like to use Virus download in 3 2 1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
  5.    #3445  
    You need to put a password on your hotspot.

That's what...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Hilarity! I'm going to try this when I go to get my tires rotated at Discount Tire Co., who despite my gajillion emails still refuse to put wifi in their waiting rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    That's what...
    Haha lol

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Uh-uh! No way am I posting that on here and having people call me that for months.

Sent from my eVo
    Was the name "buttercup"?
    Was the name "buttercup"?
    No!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #3450  
    Oh man... I would have so much fun with that!

That's what...
    No!

Sent from my eVo
    Was it *********?

Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Hilarity! I'm going to try this when I go to get my tires rotated at Discount Tire Co., who despite my gajillion emails still refuse to put wifi in their waiting rooms.
    ?
    I've also noticed that if you use the same name as the starbucks router (attwifi) it seems to really screw things up - so apparently having two routers broadcasting the same SSID is a bad thing? >:-)
    Was it *********?

Yes, you've guessed it!

Sent from my eVo
    Yes, you've guessed it!

Sent from my eVo
    I win!!! Do I get a prize?

Where I'm sitting I can watch this one poor lady looking at the list of available hotspots, and being completely confused that every time she has to reconnect it is a different SSID. Currently it says "you are being watched by the CIA" and she just can't seem to find the courage to click on that one...

Next maybe I'll give it the name "grey sweater lady, how is that brownie and coffee?"
    I win!!! Do I get a prize?

Yes, I won't annihilate you....yet!

Sent from my eVo
    Cheap sophmoric entertainment can be so fun!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

LOL, classic.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ?
    I've also noticed that if you use the same name as the starbucks router (attwifi) it seems to really screw things up - so apparently having two routers broadcasting the same SSID is a bad thing? >:-)
    It should only be screwy if both SSIDs are broadcasting on the same channel. There could possibly be some sort of IP confusion as well. I'm running two wireless routers in my house, both the same name, but different channels. They are connected by an ethernet cord so that only one of them is giving out IPs, so one is more like an access point. But the instruction page I read online when I was setting it up said that this way I could seamlessly keep a connection from one end of the house to the other. I suppose it's working...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Where I'm sitting I can watch this one poor lady looking at the list of available hotspots, and being completely confused that every time she has to reconnect it is a different SSID. Currently it says "you are being watched by the CIA" and she just can't seem to find the courage to click on that one...

Next maybe I'll give it the name "grey sweater lady, how is that brownie and coffee?"
    LOL! Will that fit?