1.    #1  
    Greater St. Louis Coalition of Reason | United Cor
    -
    United CoR

The very last thing I expected to find in St. Louis. I was truly wondering if there were any like minded individuals south of the 49th parallel. I'm thrilled! Perhaps I'm late to the show and everyone else already knew about this?

They seem like a sensible bunch who aren't looking to push their beliefs on others but rather are seeking comradery with like minded individuals...a lesson that some of the crucifix crew in The Lou could learn from, eh.

Anyway I'm happy to find some like minded individuals and thought others may wish to know such an organization is out there.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/15/2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Coalition of Reason? Well, I'm sorry, but the word 'reason' rules out most of the people in the OT forum that might read your post! LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I'm happy that you have a group you feel shares your values. If I could offer a bit of advice: don't delude yourself into thinking they are any better or even all that different than the average church-goer. You'll find a similar amount of proselytizing, of posturing, of in-fighting and back-biting that you'll find in any organizations. They don't all share the same beliefs and they'll try to argue their own particular beliefs just as fervently and, dare I say, religiously as any of the "Crucifix crew". How do I know this? Because they're members of that beautiful yet sad lot known as the human race.

That said, I'm sure you'll have some great discussions.
  4.    #4  
    Your likely right Groovy. In the last hour I've built up some kind of utopic vision of godless individuals skipping in a circle, sharing stories of godless activities, while drinking beer and watching hockey. I think I might go just once to see if it's a bunch of bizarre strangeness or an actual sane escape.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Leaving aside the odd fact that grown adults skipping in a circle is part of your ideal evening, I think I can say unequivocally that it won't be as bizarre as a Mensa meeting.
  6.    #6  
    Skipping would be optional ;-)

As far a MENSA goes...I wouldn't make the cut even if I wanted to.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic