Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WTH (What The Heck) I've allways been mid of the road, but leaned towards republican... With everything going on, dems are moving to center to get votes and reps are running to extreme right "to get votes".... IDK, but w/ the state of things, I'm about to go dem which scares me. Truth be told, I lean more to the right, but not extreme right.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    WTH (What The Heck) I've allways been mid of the road, but leaned towards republican... With everything going on, dems are moving to center to get votes and reps are running to extreme right "to get votes".... IDK, but w/ the state of things, I'm about to go dem which scares me. Truth be told, I lean more to the right, but not extreme right.
    It sounds to me like you already know the Democrats are running to the center for just the election season. So, if you vote for them based on their current positions, prepare to be pulled back Left if they win. On the other hand, if you're right about Republicans leaning more to the right for just election season, which I only acquiesce for the sake of discussion, then after the election they will snap back closer the center which sounds like is closer to your own leanings.

I don't know about you but it sounds like a pretty clear choice to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    The Republicans encouraged the extreme right Tiger you're referring to hoping to grab that Tiger by the tail and rife to majorities in the Congress. Well, when you have a Tiger by the tail, you don't steer it, you go where the tiger is going.

Whether or not the rest of the general voting population feels the same as you is yet to be seen, but like you, I fear this extreme right Tiger.
    The new candidates "leaning" to the extreme right, are not leaning. They live there. These seem to have always been their positions....

If republicans get a majority, would Christine O'Donnell push legislation to stop funding Aid's research? Where would she pull back to? Admonishing everyone who has ever masturbated on the senate floor? Or how about those that lied to save lives in ww2?

Would Rand Paul push to abolish the department of education? Would his center right position be his opposition to abortion in cases of rape?

Would Joe Miller's stated position of "transitioning away from social security", actually turn into a end to unemployment insurance for all?

Oh what about Paladino's work camps for the unemployed? His center position being personal hygiene classes for the indigent?

The new faces in the republican party won't be able to work with even the most blue dog democrat. Isn't that how things are supposed to get done?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Admonishing everyone who has ever masturbated on the senate floor?
    I'm sure you didn't mean this the way I took it, but I assure you the visual in my head was hilarious! Pelosi does have that big gavel you know.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm sure you didn't mean this the way I took it, but I assure you the visual in my head was hilarious! Pelosi does have that big gavel you know.

hehehe, Ya know looking back at it.......still if the republicans don't get a majority this November, there might only be some whacking going on till the next presidential election. I mean honestly, in Delaware at least, if you even vote once with a democratic bill(cap and trade), the party gives you the axe. What kinda compromise's do you see moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    hehehe, Ya know looking back at it.......still if the republicans don't get a majority this November, there might only be some whacking going on till the next presidential election. I mean honestly, in Delaware at least, if you even vote once with a democratic bill(cap and trade), the party gives you the axe. What kinda compromise's do you see moving forward?
    Truth is, it depends on what the voters do now in the final general votes. Will there be enough turn-out by "sane" individuals to push back against this extreme right movement.

I can't tell at this point. It could be, this extreme-right movement has been a tempest within the right-wings teapot and the average voter will turn their thumb down to that, IF THEY TURN OUT.

If the tea-party extreme-right freaks do get elected, it will only embolden the Republicans to continue their Just-Say-No strategy and keep our Country paralyzed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Yet to be seen, and besides, I think there has already been a much better nominee:

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If the tea-party extreme-right freaks do get elected...
    Something tells me you don't mean that hyperbolically.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/16/2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Unsuck..now stink

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

If the tea-party extreme-right freaks do get elected, it will only embolden the Republicans to continue their Just-Say-No strategy and keep our Country paralyzed.
    I actually see nothing wrong with paralysis. In fact I wish...dream..yearn for even more paralysis...more gridlock...more nothingness....lots of nothingness out of government...more nothing the better out of government. In fact the less they do, the less they will screw things up even more...

I actually see nothing wrong with paralysis. In fact I wish...dream..yearn for even more paralysis...more gridlock...more nothingness....lots of nothingness out of government...more nothing the better out of government. In fact the less they do, the less they will screw things up even more...
    You're correct of course. Let's COMPLETELY degrade to tribalism and abolish our Central gov't.

Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Something tells me you don't mean that hyperbolically.
    Don't understand what is exaggerated (hyperbolically) there.
    (yea, I had to look it up )
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Don't understand what is exaggerated (hyperbolically) there.
    (yea, I had to look it up )
    Freaks? Really?
    You're correct of course. Let's COMPLETELY degrade to tribalism and abolish our Central gov't.

Sigh.

Thats not what I said at all. But its funny actually you would assume "tribalism is what I meant by a yearning for gridlock. I tend to think gridlock is a good thing because it illustrates a total compilation of interests so as to prevent the propensity of any one group or ideology from hyjacking the agenda. That is why we have had mostly so call split governments through out most of our history. One party controls either house of congress or the exec or vise versa. We always seem to have problems when one party controls everything and assumes a mandate they never had and consequently overreach. Unfortunately we have two POS parties that are basically mouth pieces for the same interests and same political class. They both "stink". Big govt Bush succeeded by even bigger govt Obama. Yiiiiiipeeeeee!

I have always thought the greatness of America and its people was due to its industriousness and ingenuity. Not because of its government but inspite of it...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/16/2010 at 12:10 AM.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I have always thought the greatness of America and its people was due to its industriousness and ingenuity. Not because of its government but inspite of it...
    It would appear you're in esteemed company.

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Sir Winston Churchill, November 11, 1947
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Freaks? Really?
    On a political spectrum, yea.
    Thats not what I said at all. But its funny actually you would assume "tribalism is what I meant by a yearning for gridlock. I tend to think gridlock is a good thing because it illustrates a total compilation of interests so as to prevent the propensity of any one group or ideology from hyjacking the agenda. That is why we have had mostly so call split governments through out most of our history. One party controls either house of congress or the exec or vise versa. We always seem to have problems when one party controls everything and assumes a mandate they never had and consequently overreach. Unfortunately we have two POS parties that are basically mouth pieces for the same interests and same political class. They both "stink". Big govt Bush succeeded by even bigger govt Obama. Yiiiiiipeeeeee!

Actually, what the Republican Congress has done up to now in the Obama Presidency has been gridlock. BUT NOT in the interest of merging the different views of each Party to create solutions for the American people but rather to destroy the Obama Presidency at the COSTS of the American People.

Sickens me.
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast