Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Actually, what the Republican Congress has done up to now in the Obama Presidency has been gridlock. BUT NOT in the interest of merging the different views of each Party to create solutions for the American people but rather to destroy the Obama Presidency at the COSTS of the American People.

Sickens me.

Why do you equate blocking the Obama presidency with costing the American people? I imagine those blocking or trying to 'destroy' the Obama agenda believe what their doing is good for the American people as well. You see gridlock is part of democracy...thats how it works and always has. You can't get everything you want and you were never supposed to...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    On a political spectrum, yea.
    Then I can see why you would be so stressed about freaks trying to take over your government. Perhaps a more balanced view of the tea-party, in addition to being closer to the truth, might actually be a healthier way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Why do you equate blocking the Obama presidency with costing the American people? I imagine those blocking or trying to 'destroy' the Obama agenda believe what their doing is good for the American people as well. You see gridlock is part of democracy...thats how it works and always has. You can't get everything you want and you were never supposed to...
    There is gridlock until the other side is willing to compromise and there is gridlock to make your opponents appear impotent.

I'm sure if you honestly look at the back and forth of the past months of this Presidency (along with the memos to to and from the Republican leadership) you will see gridlock NOT to solve OUR problems but rather gridlock to make this Administration appear ineffective.

Again, the Republicans have acted in a selfish, selfish, selfish manner... out our costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Then I can see why you would be so stressed about freaks trying to take over your government. Perhaps a more balanced view of the tea-party, in addition to being closer to the truth, might actually be a healthier way to go.
    I guess we'll see in the general elections in Nov.
    There is gridlock until the other side is willing to compromise and there is gridlock to make your opponents appear impotent.

I'm sure if you honestly look at the back and forth of the past months of this Presidency (along with the memos to to and from the Republican leadership) you will see gridlock NOT to solve OUR problems but rather gridlock to make this Administration appear ineffective.

Again, the Republicans have acted in a selfish, selfish, selfish manner... out our costs.

And yet the Democrats control both house soundly and the Presidency. So little old 41st GOP seat in the Senate completely nullified the whole Obama agenda cuz they don't have automatic fillabuster proof majority? Seems like the Dems have had as much trouble with their own members as the Republicans. Also its silly to confuse ones own self interest with the countries interest. Both parties always do this to make it seem the other side doesn't have the countries interest at heart...

Besides what the heck have the republicans been able to block anyway? Obama passed obamacare, passed Financial reform, passed 2nd stimulus bill, and whole litany of other items that they probably wanted to stop but couldn't...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/16/2010 at 12:52 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    And yet the Democrats control both house soundly and the Presidency. So little old 41st GOP seat in the Senate completely nullified the whole Obama agenda cuz they don't have automatic fillabuster proof majority? Seems like the Dems have had as much trouble with their own members as the Republicans. Also its silly to confuse ones own self interest with the countries interest. Both parties always do this to make it seem the other side doesn't have the countries interest at heart...
    Number 1) Not going to disagree with you on the Dems not acting in Lockstep with their majority. Total FAIL!

Number 2) Does NOT let the Repubs off the hook for being complete OBSTRUCTIONISTS during a time of EXTREME economic pain for American families (bettering the Middle Class is, and should not be, one party's SELF INTEREST).

That being said, REGARDLESS of how November turns out, can we PLEASE start turning out some legislative solutions for the American People?!?!?
    All politicians are cut from the same deceitful cloth. They're only in it for themselves, no matter who or what they claim to represent.

Period.

Find me an honest politician and i'll stop making threads.

Deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    All politicians are cut from the same deceitful cloth. They're only in it for themselves, no matter who or what they claim to represent.

Period.

Deal?
    George Washington. He never told a lie.

So, your gonna stop making threads?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

You mean "Honest" Abe Lincoln -

And he did (kinda) in the Geico commercial.
    You mean "Honest" Abe Lincoln -

And he did (kinda) in the Geico commercial.
    No, I mean the man who wouldn't lie to his father about chopping down the cherry tree. You are unfamiliar with the story of Washington and the cherry tree?

No, I mean the man who wouldn't lie to his father about chopping down the cherry tree.
    That's just folklore.
    They also told us that Columbus (i know, not a politician) discovered America.

We shouldn't believe everything they taught us in fifth grade.
    That's just folklore.
    They also told us that Columbus (i know, not a politician) discovered America.

We shouldn't believe everything they taught us in fifth grade.
    Yeah, that and Sunday School!

although, I like to think politicians back then were cut from a better grade of cloth.

Isn't Lincoln's nickname from paying off debt, not from being truthful? Eh, doesn't matter.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/16/2010 at 01:47 AM.

I know some people who completely disagreed with his point of views, but found some parts of it really interesting...

In case you missed it – Bill Maher! – Larry King Live - CNN.com Blogs
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I know some people who completely disagreed with his point of views, but found some parts of it really interesting...

In case you missed it Bill Maher! Larry King Live - CNN.com Blogs
    thanks, worth the watch!

Yeah, that and Sunday School!

although, I like to think politicians back then were cut from a better grade of cloth.
    or that we knew less about them.. All we saw, was the bills that they tried to, or did pass. People didn't treat the president as a character on gossip girls. (never seen the show, but the name fits). They didn't care if he slept around, or had family problems, all they cared about was what he did.

Bill Clinton for example was a great president. The main thing he's criticized for is the personal issue which would of been ignored 200 years ago. Historians might actually be nicer to Obama then you might imagine. Most countries who've gotten public health care (which Obama couldn't bring), REALLY like the person who introduced, or the people who had to do with the introduction of Public health Care. Ask a Canadian how he feels about a man named Tommy Douglas

(actually click on the link)
    +1 for Tommy Douglas. Every Canadian knows that guy!

Interestingly he is the second Saskatchewan Premier to be "of the cloth," which in Canada would generally be regarded to be a drawback in politics.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic

I think his challenge was to find one living today.

Period.

Deal?
    And that is the definition of giving up.
    Although I do believe there are some honest people in politics (O.K. Maybe just 1 or 2*)...

My wife ran for office, she's honest, she didn't win.
    We told her it was because she wasn't crooked enough.

One should never see sausage or legislation being made,
    or you will never again be able to stomach either.

*Actually, I have met honest ones trying to make a positive difference. They are there, but they are too often out-numbered.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Hopefully, it is the beginning of the purge of the RINO's.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast