Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 536
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Listen, I didn't write your post....you did.....now you slip in this word "predominantly white"....not in your initial post unless you have gone back and edited (wouldn't put it past ya). I responded to your comment about "you see all white faces". So fine, you put up pictures of groups of Republicans with "all white faces". So maybe you have learned that it isn't "all white faces" by me bringing to your attention that, at least here in SC, we have a Republican running (should win, fingers crossed) that doesn't have a white face. So....I am happy to have had the opportunity to better inform you.

    By the way.....you might find this article of interest as well:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/us...acks.html?_r=1

    More knowledge just for YOU! Hmmmm....I wonder if a white democrat votes for a white democrat candidate over a black Republican candidate if he/she is considered a racist? Hmmmm.
    very obvious he is racist
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Sorry, bucko. You don't deal with this every day. I do. You deal with people that can afford and obtain insurance, right? I deal with those that can't. Those are the people that will be helped by the bill, not your clients. That's why, in spite of the fact that it's not a perfect bill, I am delighted it passed. Covering an additional 30 million or so people may be insignificant to you, but it's not to them. And only you could look at insurance companies refusing to write policies for sick children because it might hurt their profits and blame someone else for it. And yes, if it ends up forcing a public option, I'd like that even more. And please keep calling the duly elected President of the United States stupid and an *****. Seems like you've become a bit more strident recently. Kind of figures, actually.


    Sorry bucko...once again you don't know about who I deal with. In fact, I spoke with some one just today that I couldn't get health insurance for because she had breast cancer back in 2004. Personally, I think that is ridiculous. But you want to know what is even more ridiculous? The state plan that obama and the democrats voted on (go to PCIP - Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan - Home) contains a "rule" that says you don't qualify until you go 6 months with no coverage....what????....why would they put that in there? So, she could go on the SC State Pool (different from the Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan under obama care), which is lousy coverage and costs a **** load, but then she would never qualify for PCI Plan. Who wrote this bill? Who signed this bill?

    So bucko....before you act like only the almighty doctors are the ones that deal with this on a daily basis, I again request you get off your dang pedestal. I will say this again....there needs to be healthcare reform....but what the democrats and obama signed into law simply isn't worth the 2500 pages it was written on. There is so much in there that has nothing to do with fixing health care, but, it made them feel good because "look at what we did....we signed a health care bill". Well big whoopti-do....it didn't fix a dang thing. They picked their target....an easy target....insurance companies....and they simply decided they would be the evil target in this. And guess what? It isn't all the insurance company's fault. Much of the problem lies with dang providers. My $1500 back brace is a great example. Did this bill do anything to go after $1500 back braces? No...in fact....they want to tax durable medical equipment....so guess what?....they (makers of durable medical equipment) will pass that tax along to consumers and that back brace will go up. I also fought the $1500 anesthesiologist bill because the surgeon's office who did my surgery only uses one anesthesiologist practice, and they aren't in my network so the insurance company paid $750 and I was left with the difference. Now....most people would have cussed the insurance company (not their fault) and paid the bill. I called the anesthesiologist group, told them they did a wonderful job, but I was given no choice of another practice and they needed to work with me on reducing the balance due. To their credit, they waived the difference....but they certainly wouldn't have done this had I not pursued it! But this was not the insurance company's fault and this stupid bill does nothing to address issues like that. Oh, but it does require businesses to list the amount they pay for their employee's health insurance on their 2011 W-2 statements. What? What does this do to fix higher premiums? NOTHING. The only thing we can figure is that either this will be used in 2014 to see who has health coverage or, perhaps the govt is getting ready to tax such benefits. You are soooo blind. So yes bucko, I deal with this daily....you might get your facts straight!

    And no....this doesn't make the case for a single-payer/universal health care plan. It makes the case that we need intelligent people working on this rather than a bunch of idiots who only have experience in the class room.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  3. #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Pointing out a provable fact that the GOP is almost entirely white is not playing the race card. Nice try though....
    Yes. It most certainly is. What other reason is there for even mentioning it?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4. #264  
    bucko?

    Have you guys been watching too much 'Happy Days' ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Cunningham
    Hey Bucko!
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    im not gonna waste my time typing all their names... anyone who voted for obamacare is a socialist pig(far left loon)
    Care to explain how buying insurance from a privately owned company is "socialist?"

    besides dont want to mention their names, im limiting their exposure on google this way.....
    Can't name any or conspiracy theorist?

    here is one of em


    repeal obamacare
    SARAH 2012
    So a right wing loon who is a quitter is better?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Yes. It most certainly is. What other reason is there for even mentioning it?
    If I am racist for noticing that the Republican party is mostly white, what does that make them for not promoting/including more minority candidates? Your logic on this is weak and very flawed...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  7. #267  
    So I just saw the video of Boehner's speech at his pledge for America. Then right after saw video of pretty much the same speech but made 12 YEARS ago.

    We really need term limits....
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Sorry bucko...once again you don't know about who I deal with. In fact, I spoke with some one just today that I couldn't get health insurance for because she had breast cancer back in 2004.
    -----------

    I will say this again....there needs to be healthcare reform....but what the democrats and obama signed into law simply isn't worth the 2500 pages it was written on. There is so much in there that has nothing to do with fixing health care, but, it made them feel good because "look at what we did....we signed a health care bill". Well big whoopti-do....it didn't fix a dang thing. They picked their target....an easy target....insurance companies....and they simply decided they would be the evil target in this. And guess what? It isn't all the insurance company's fault. Much of the problem lies with dang providers. My $1500 back brace is a great example. Did this bill do anything to go after $1500 back braces? No...in fact....they want to tax durable medical equipment....so guess what?....they (makers of durable medical equipment) will pass that tax along to consumers and that back brace will go up. I also fought the $1500 anesthesiologist bill because the surgeon's office who did my surgery only uses one anesthesiologist practice, and they aren't in my network so the insurance company paid $750 and I was left with the difference. Now....most people would have cussed the insurance company (not their fault) and paid the bill. I called the anesthesiologist group, told them they did a wonderful job, but I was given no choice of another practice and they needed to work with me on reducing the balance due. To their credit, they waived the difference....but they certainly wouldn't have done this had I not pursued it! But this was not the insurance company's fault and this stupid bill does nothing to address issues like that. Oh, but it does require businesses to list the amount they pay for their employee's health insurance on their 2011 W-2 statements. What? What does this do to fix higher premiums? NOTHING. The only thing we can figure is that either this will be used in 2014 to see who has health coverage or, perhaps the govt is getting ready to tax such benefits. You are soooo blind. So yes bucko, I deal with this daily....you might get your facts straight!

    And no....this doesn't make the case for a single-payer/universal health care plan. It makes the case that we need intelligent people working on this rather than a bunch of idiots who only have experience in the class room.
    Wow. You actually SPOKE with someone who couldn't get insurance? That really makes you the expert on dealing with sick and dying people who can't afford their meds or hospitalizations, doesn't it? You actually admit that there needs to be healthcare reform...but you didn't say cr ap about it for all the years that the republicans did NOTHING....NOTHING...about health care reform except pad pharmaceutical companies with their fake Medicare Part D. If Obama hadn't done something, there would be nothing done, and nothing would be in the "Lemon Pledge" BS that issued from the rear end of the republicans yesterday. The fact is that every major part of the health reform bill is supported by the republicans...because they know that the public will never support repealing those key aspects of the bill. Don't bother to blather on about the providers because you know that I have no soft spot for that side of the equation either. Everyone has to give in order to provide adequate care for everyone...provider, insurers, and the population at large. That's the price society pays for caring for those in need. There are no details in the republican's BS pledge that are anything new, or that would have any significant effect on cost control. Tort reform doesn't work, didn't work in Texas, won't lower costs more than a percent or two at best. There is no solution that won't require strict insurance controls....and if they can't cut it, with their increases of millions of customers, then the public option is what we need. And you can mark my words....we will have a public option at some point. The system cannot be maintained without that kind of control of providers and insurers. All you have to do is look at the percent of GDP that is made up of health care costs in the present system....without any reform. Sorry..in the long run, you are going to lose this battle. It may take years, but there will be a public option. And the fact is that providers and insurers who don't like that only have to look in the mirror to see the cause.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i will take the republicans over the far left loons, that are bankrupting our country, any day.......

    SARAH 2012

    p.s. i shouldnt have to pay for other peoples healthcare.. and i wont!!!!

    REPEAL OBAMACARE

    Hey...guess what? You have been for years, and you will continue to. And there's nothing you can do about it. Good luck on repealing Medicare...and Medicaid....and veteran's care.
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    We really need term limits....
    YES.....couldn't agree more with you on that. Term limits and the Fair Tax and this country might...might....survive this liberal assault we've been under.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Everyone has to give in order to provide adequate care for everyone...provider, insurers, and the population at large.
    And there lies the problem with this idiotic bill....the only group it went after are insurers and to some extent, employers. Even the part regarding "forcing" people to buy health insurance is stupid because the penalty is only about $700 per person, or about $2100 per family. That is insane....you're better off paying the penalty and buying the insurance when you need it....the bill was set up to FAIL.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And you can mark my words....we will have a public option at some point. The system cannot be maintained without that kind of control of providers and insurers.
    Unfortunately you are probably correct on that, unless, Republicans can take control not only in 2010, but also in 2012. Short of that....the bill was designed to fail so that the Public Option will by probable. I disagree with you in that it is the only answer.....democrats simply didn't want this bill to actually fix healthcare and therefore they avoided the things that would go a long way to fixing it. What a wasted opportunity to avoid becoming Europe. I just hope America wakes up to what is really going on here.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    And there lies the problem with this idiotic bill....the only group it went after are insurers and to some extent, employers. Even the part regarding "forcing" people to buy health insurance is stupid because the penalty is only about $700 per person, or about $2100 per family. That is insane....you're better off paying the penalty and buying the insurance when you need it....the bill was set up to FAIL.



    Unfortunately you are probably correct on that, unless, Republicans can take control not only in 2010, but also in 2012. Short of that....the bill was designed to fail so that the Public Option will by probable. I disagree with you in that it is the only answer.....democrats simply didn't want this bill to actually fix healthcare and therefore they avoided the things that would go a long way to fixing it. What a wasted opportunity to avoid becoming Europe. I just hope America wakes up to what is really going on here.
    And if the republicans do take control, what precisely do you think they will do to solve the healthcare crisis? Nothing. Exactly what they've done for years. What they will do is take insurance away from people to control costs. Sorry, that's not a good thing.

    By the way, the mechanism to control provider's costs has been in place for many years, since 1997. It's called the SGR. Both parties have overturned the mandated cuts, in part because they are unrealistically austere, and in part because of lobbying from the AMA and others, but renewing a more reasonable built-in reduction in Medicare fees which is tied to some economic indicator would be a great way to decrease provider reimbursement. Everyone should have to contribute, including providers.
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Hey David! I knew you wouldn't be far behind if I stirred things up around healthcare! Good to see you!

    But it's not the same, and you know it. Insurance companies have structured appeal and medical review procedures for individual cases. You think that at the national level, that's gonna happen?
    Fun (and absolutely hilarious) fact: The agency in question--the one that Grassley and Palin called a Death Panel--was A REPUBLICAN IDEA that was intended to help control costs and that enough Democrats (including the President) liked to include in the proposed legislation. But thanks to the 24/7/365 ideological circus that is the modern GOP, that provision was removed from the bill, thereby weakening its cost-control measures, a rather odd outcome for the party that claims to want to control costs. Idiotic.

    So how do you feel about the fact that the so-called Death Panels were in fact a REPUBLICAN PROPOSAL?
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i will take the republicans over the far left loons, that are bankrupting our country, any day.......

    SARAH 2012

    p.s. i shouldnt have to pay for other peoples healthcare.. and i wont!!!!

    REPEAL OBAMACARE
    Ah, yes. Hatchettjack. The guy who said on these boards that Democrats should have been incinerated in his friend's place at the WTC on 9/11. I'm glad a calming voice of reason has arrived to counter the "loons." Are you ever going to apologize for that nauseating and un-American comment?
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    If I am racist for noticing that the Republican party is mostly white, what does that make them for not promoting/including more minority candidates? Your logic on this is weak and very flawed...
    Strange. I never said you were racist. Simply that you played the race card. You brought up color. So explain your reason for doing so. Why would you feel that race needed to be mentioned at all?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    YES.....couldn't agree more with you on that. Term limits and the Fair Tax and this country might...might....survive this liberal assault we've been under.
    "Liberal assault" LMAO even though it was the GOP that got us into this mess....

    Keep believing everything you see on FOX and everything you hear on Rush/Beck...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  17. #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    And there lies the problem with this idiotic bill....the only group it went after are insurers and to some extent, employers.
    So handing the insurance companies hundreds of thousands of new customers and telling them that they can no longer deny us the services that we have already paid them for is "going after" them?!?!?!

    Please name another industry where I pay for a service, they tell me they are not going to provide that service, but they get to keep what I payed them anyway! Where I am from, that is call THEFT!!!

    Even the part regarding "forcing" people to buy health insurance is stupid because the penalty is only about $700 per person, or about $2100 per family. That is insane....you're better off paying the penalty and buying the insurance when you need it....the bill was set up to FAIL.
    "Buying insurance when you need it" could never have happened when you are denied coverage for a preexisting ailment! And this is what the GOP wants to repeal and return to. Yes, they are fighting for your individual rights....to be robbed and denied by Blue Shield! Keep up that good fight....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Strange. I never said you were racist.
    Sure, you never said it but I feel it was implied...

    Simply that you played the race card. You brought up color. So explain your reason for doing so. Why would you feel that race needed to be mentioned at all?
    Since when is making an observation playing the race card? If I had said that the NBA is mostly black, would that be playing the race card when in fact you can look at all of the teams rosters and see that there is, in fact, a higher percent of black players? Look at the GOP's "roster" and you will see that it is predominantly white! As a matter of fact, almost ALL white, and that is why I mentioned it. Because I was responding to a post that said that the Dems wanted us all to drive the same car, live in the same house, and be drones. I was pointing out that the GOP in fact, look like drones because they lack diversity. I was pointing out that the GOP-fan (was it you? It is such a non issue I have not paid attention) I was replying to was throwing stones in a glass house...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    That's funny, I thought the GOP was FOR tax cuts/breaks for small businesses....
    I haven't dug into who this one GOP person is, but I suspect that they didn't vote against tax cuts/breaks for small businesses - they voted against some of the other measures (or lack of measures) in the bill. You know the game. "Red herring" comes to mind.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Sure, you never said it but I feel it was implied...



    Since when is making an observation playing the race card? If I had said that the NBA is mostly black, would that be playing the race card when in fact you can look at all of the teams rosters and see that there is, in fact, a higher percent of black players? Look at the GOP's "roster" and you will see that it is predominantly white! As a matter of fact, almost ALL white, and that is why I mentioned it. Because I was responding to a post that said that the Dems wanted us all to drive the same car, live in the same house, and be drones. I was pointing out that the GOP in fact, look like drones because they lack diversity. I was pointing out that the GOP-fan (was it you? It is such a non issue I have not paid attention) I was replying to was throwing stones in a glass house...
    So you were judging a group of people based on the way they look and their racial make up? What's that called again?

    You were responding to a poster who said that Dems wanted us to be all drones. So instead of attacking that statement or challenging it by showing how it's wrong, you immediately bring up race (I believe the first post about race in this thread). Any you stereotype them by saying they live in, how did you put it...cookie cutter, track homes. Track homes where you have to get appoval from the HOA what color you are allowed to paint the house you pay for. What's that called again?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Wow. I am impressed. I bet some of your best friends are black, too, right?

    Just the fact that you feel obligated to bring up skin color in a totally unrelated thread is very telling.
    davidra, why would you call out clemgrad85 for bringing up skin color, in a positive light by saying he's voting for the man's ideas and not based on color, but keep quiet when this genius brings up race and presents it negatively? Why is it acceptable for the left to bring race into the conversation, but when the right makes any mention of it, all hell breaks loose?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

Posting Permissions