Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    lol. nice nothing response.
    All that "nothing" statements really need.
    We need tort reform! Tort reform!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    All that "nothing" statements really need.
    Perhaps you've missing the irony of your comment. Fear-mongering is exactly what the left used to shove healthcare reform down our throats.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Okay....now this is funny.....you accuse me (the Southern Conservative) of bringing up color....but....well.....go back and read Kenanator's post to me.....he specifically said "If you look at republicans, you see all white faces, all in of their agendas are in lockstep, and if they show any kind of "free thinking," they seem to be exiled from the party." So, davidra, I was responding to the liberal who brought up skin color first What, a liberal brought up skin color first? How could this be???? Davidra, his comment was trying to indicate that there are no black "faces" in the Republican party while I was simply pointing out that we happen to have a very strong candidate right here in this thar State of SC...and guess what? He has a black face. Go figure, huh? Too funny, good davidra gave me a laugh as he put his foot in his mouth once again. Davidra, you might want to preach to Kenanator about playing the race card before preaching to me.....just saying.

By the way Davidra, congrats on the Florida Gators becoming the new "thug" university. 27 arrests in 5 years on the football team? Nice bunch of youngsters you got down there. Of course, all that matters are the National Championships, right?
    So pointing out a provable fact that the Rep party is predominantly white is racist now?

Republican diversity:

Sorry, that was pretty racist of me....
    Last edited by Kenanator; 09/23/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    But it's true. Polls have shown that when people understand what is in the bill and how it will affect them, they are strongly in favor of it. Total misinformation, but I agree that part of the problem was the lack of a careful explanation. I notice the pseudo-republican plan includes something about making sure that pre-existing conditions are covered. Think that would have happened without the health care vote? Not a chance. Since it looks like it will stay in place, I can't wait until those bloodsuckers now trying to raise their premiums drastically and dropping their coverage of kids will get kicked out the exchanges and lose all their business. Scum sucking pigs.
    Perhaps you've missing the irony of your comment. Fear-mongering is exactly what the left used to shove healthcare reform down our throats.
    Yeah, all those lies! Exponentially increasing premiums, healthcare gobbling up an ever-increasing share of GDP, much higher cost than other systems for much lower quality, lifetime caps on coverage, denial of coverage for "pre-existing conditions," people being tossed off plans for currently existing conditions. Blah blah blah! What a bunch of hogwash!

But then again, it's Obama who signed TARP into law and raised taxes on the middle class, so what do you expect!!
    Um, no. There's a difference between stating fact and fear-mongering. Saying that an insurance company works to find whatever way they can to avoid paying for mediacl treatment and eject you from your policy, then citing actual documented examples would be stating fact. Claiming that a government panel, the "death" panel, is going to be made to say who can and can't receive treatment if you pass healthcare reform is fear-mongering. The ironic thing is how many people didn't realize that's EXACTLY what was already happening, just not by a government official and was also what healthcare reform was attempting to actually fix.

And taking an entire year to try and pass a bill that the opposing side managed to water down in effectiveness is not "shoving healthcare reform down our throats." If anything Repubs managed to take advantage of long drawn out attempts at bipartisan compromise to "shove" a severely weakened reform bill down the Dem's throats.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Examiner Editorial: Obamacare is even worse than critics thought

September 22, 2010

Six months ago, President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rammed Obamacare down the throats of an unwilling American public. Half a year removed from the unprecedented legislative chicanery and backroom dealing that characterized the bill's passage, we know much more about the bill than we did then. A few of the revelations:

Obamacare won't decrease health care costs for the government. According to Medicare's actuary, it will increase costs. The same is likely to happen for privately funded health care.

As written, Obamacare covers elective abortions, contrary to Obama's promise that it wouldn't. This means that tax dollars will be used to pay for a procedure millions of Americans across the political spectrum view as immoral. Supposedly, the Department of Health and Human Services will bar abortion coverage with new regulations but these will likely be tied up for years in litigation, and in the end may not survive the court challenge.

Obamacare won't allow employees or most small businesses to keep the coverage they have and like. By Obama's estimates, as many as 69 percent of employees, 80 percent of small businesses, and 64 percent of large businesses will be forced to change coverage, probably to more expensive plans.

Obamacare will increase insurance premiums -- in some places, it already has. Insurers, suddenly forced to cover clients' children until age 26, have little choice but to raise premiums, and they attribute to Obamacare's mandates a 1 to 9 percent increase. Obama's only method of preventing massive rate increases so far has been to threaten insurers.

Obamacare will force seasonal employers -- especially the ski and amusement park industries -- to pay huge fines, cut hours, or lay off employees.

Obamacare forces states to guarantee not only payment but also treatment for indigent Medicaid patients. With many doctors now refusing to take Medicaid (because they lose money doing so), cash-strapped states could be sued and ordered to increase reimbursement rates beyond their means.

Obamacare imposes a huge nonmedical tax compliance burden on small business. It will require them to mail IRS 1099 tax forms to every vendor from whom they make purchases of more than $600 in a year, with duplicate forms going to the Internal Revenue Service. Like so much else in the 2,500-page bill, our senators and representatives were apparently unaware of this when they passed the measure.

Obamacare allows the IRS to confiscate part or all of your tax refund if you do not purchase a qualified insurance plan. The bill funds 16,000 new IRS agents to make sure Americans stay in line.

If you wonder why so many American voters are angry, and no longer give Obama the benefit of the doubt on a variety of issues, you need look no further than Obamacare, whose birthday gift to America might just be a GOP congressional majority.

Follow the Washington Examiner on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/washingtonexaminer
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Yeah, all those lies! Exponentially increasing premiums, healthcare gobbling up an ever-increasing share of GDP, much higher cost than other systems for much lower quality, lifetime caps on coverage, denial of coverage for "pre-existing conditions," people being tossed off plans for currently existing conditions. Blah blah blah! What a bunch of hogwash!

But then again, it's Obama who signed TARP into law and raised taxes on the middle class, so what do you expect!!
    You really need to take a closer look at what was actually passed.
    Yea, it just keeps making the single payer system sound more and more appealing doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Yea, it just keeps making the single payer system sound more and more appealing doesn't it?
    No, but I agree that that's where we're heading now.
    I hear that right there at the bottom of the new "Pledge for America," right there in black-and-white, it says, quite clearly, that all GOP members of the Senate and House will be giving up their government health coverage for specially designed "pre-reform" policies of the sort the rest of us get: they want the old system back, they say, and they're putting their money where their mouth is and casting their lot with ordinary Americans! Now that's courage! Plus they're going to get rid of that horrible TARP thing Obama created and get us back to Republican values. Thank God for real leadership.
    Wow, the Washington Examiner. (?) Rolling out the big guns now . . . Uncle!
    No, but I agree that that's where we're heading now.
    Unlikely given that Repubs will probably retake Congressional control and either stop anything from happening or make it worse.
    OK, let's start with the fact that nothing called "Obamacare" exists, and we can take it from there. Even as political shorthand, that term is pure fail.
    For a perspective from someone who actually knows a lot about healthcare policy/reform, there's this:

Op-Chart - The Health of Reform - Op-Chart - NYTimes.com

[When quoting, please insert obligatory, highly original New York Times bashing here.]

Notice that Hacker gives the plan a "C" so far on costs, meaning that at least one advocate of reform is able to judge the results so far (it's been a whole six months) with a level head. In other areas he gives it a better rating. He mentions that the information on tax credits for businesses is getting out successfully (that must be a typo--Obama never cuts taxes), and he gives the effort a "B" overall.

But this is all irrelevant given the upcoming repeal promised in the Pledge to America, which will restore a healthcare system as the Founding Fathers envisioned it. Bring on the wooden teeth, I say!
    The Dems are the ones that conjured up "Death Panels?"

"Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken

Sure....when you take an honest look at what happens now.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    And taking an entire year to try and pass a bill that the opposing side managed to water down in effectiveness is not "shoving healthcare reform down our throats." If anything Repubs managed to take advantage of long drawn out attempts at bipartisan compromise to "shove" a severely weakened reform bill down the Dem's throats.
    You pull accusations out of the air like most debaters who care little about actually arguing facts. How can you water down what hasn't been read or understood?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    The Dems are the ones that conjured up "Death Panels?"
    lol! love the image! can I use it?

And yes, the dems conjured up "Death Panels". In fact, it was a great misdirection on the part of the Dems. I'll give them that.