Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm curious, what has he blamed Bush for that Bush didn't have significant influence in over his 8 years?

Bush had 8 years, Obama has had just over 2 years to try to fix what happened over 8 years. It always takes longer to build something up than to make it collapse, especially when half of the "team" decides to sit in the corner and say, "you're doing it wrong," rather than actually trying to fix the problems.
    Not my point. I am just saying that after 2 years you need to take responsibility for what you have resposibility for. Quit blaming the past. Learn from it.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    I blame Obama for me not getting Halo Reach, for my dog chewing a campaign poster of Rick Lazio and putting her prize on my prized rug!
    So that's what's holding up the new webOS phone from Palm!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This actually supports my point. tirk posted something obviously intended as humour, and people rushed to assume him as some sort of Obama basher and 'defend Obama's honour'. I doubt if you'll find him among the 'conservative' crowd where his posting history is concerned.
    Indeed, I'm finding this really quite amusing!

For the avoidance of doubt, I've been an active member of the UK Liberal now Liberal Democrat party for several decades, and thus I find *all* of your Presidents to be depressingly right wing!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    "Obviously"?
    Yes.
    All I know is Tirk did a great impersonation of the typical Obama-hater...especially those Obama-haters who claim they don't really hate Obama, but just continually post negative things about him. Just goes to show how little difference there is between humor and hyperbole.
    Or just goes to show how overly sensitive and defensive political 'debate' has become.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Not my point. I am just saying that after 2 years you need to take responsibility for what you have resposibility for. Quit blaming the past. Learn from it.
    Blaming the past and learning from the past are not mutually exclusive things. If you meant dwelling in the past, that's a different matter. And what mistakes have happened in these 2 and half years that he's blaming on Bush? I hear him place blame on the other side for slowing things down, holding back attempts to rebuild from the collapse, but that's not Bush. It's sad he has to try to play that blame game but with the immaturity of our political culture, whoever can shout the loudest seems to be the one that is "correct".
    Blaming the past and learning from the past are not mutually exclusive things. If you meant dwelling in the past, that's a different matter. And what mistakes have happened in these 2 and half years that he's blaming on Bush? I hear him place blame on the other side for slowing things down, holding back attempts to rebuild from the collapse, but that's not Bush. It's sad he has to try to play that blame game but with the immaturity of our political culture, whoever can shout the loudest seems to be the one that is "correct".
    Blaming the past implies dwelling. We need not deal in semantics. I would be saying the same thing if someone who I agreed with politically were blaming a previous administration for the ills of the current.

And seriously? He blames the previous Administration for nearly everything that he hasn't fixed yet.

Look, if he fixes something, he gets credit right? If he doesn't fix it or makes it worse he should also get the credit.

Guilt by omission. Getting angry at the wayward souls who bash Obama for baseless reasons and not bringing up Obama blaming Bush for everything is a little disingenuous.

One cannot blame ones troubles on ones predessor. I could blame my dad all day for me not being in the NBA, but really it was because I didn't try hard enough.

America if full of two types of people... The first group builds on the past and the second group dwells in the past.

I agree though that an unrelated matter has nothing to do with who is in the Oval Office. If we wanted an Executive to control everything we would be British still.
    I didn't bring up obama blaming bush because obama blaming bush wasn't the topic of discussion. I don't know how bush got into the conversation in the first place. Bush wasn't on my mind at all. I guess, i'm a lions supporter because I didn't mention them blaming the refs for their loss on sunday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I didn't bring up obama blaming bush because obama blaming bush wasn't the topic of discussion. I don't know how bush got into the conversation in the first place. Bush wasn't on my mind at all. I guess, i'm a lions supporter because I didn't mention them blaming the refs for their loss on sunday...
    Lol... yep they were definitely screwed.

Anyway, I was merely showing how it isn't too uncommon to blame someone else. It is easier that way. You don't have to look at your mistakes.

I am sure Bush blames the Democrats for the final two years of his Presidency... that is stupid too.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    So that's what's holding up the new webOS phone from Palm!
    (lol) Rahul and Ruby know the fragile state of the economy and see the delay as a strategically sound approach at countering the efforts of the Obama administration's desire to plunge the United States into more debt. I am going to go get it and play my part in stimulating the economy as I eagerly await the release of new Palm hardware.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Blaming the past implies dwelling. We need not deal in semantics. I would be saying the same thing if someone who I agreed with politically were blaming a previous administration for the ills of the current.

And seriously? He blames the previous Administration for nearly everything that he hasn't fixed yet.

Look, if he fixes something, he gets credit right? If he doesn't fix it or makes it worse he should also get the credit.
    As you said, you could blame your dad for you not being in the NBA but did your dad actually cause any problems (aside from possible genetic related limitations) to prevent you from being in the NBA?

He blames the previous Administration for him not fixing it or he blames them for it needing to be fixed? It's two different things and the fact that he needs to point out where those problems originated is rather telling of just how short-term people's views have been.
    As you said, you could blame your dad for you not being in the NBA but did your dad actually cause any problems (aside from possible genetic related limitations) to prevent you from being in the NBA?

He blames the previous Administration for him not fixing it or he blames them for it needing to be fixed? It's two different things and the fact that he needs to point out where those problems originated is rather telling of just how short-term people's views have been.
    Hey man, leave my genetics out of this.....

I think last year around February was a good time to point to the past. A year an a half after that is not.

Either way, nice to talk to you. I usually stay out of the political fray. Not really my cup of tea to debate anymore. I just teach my children correct principles and hope that they can teach theirs the same.

Lol... yep they were definitely screwed.

Anyway, I was merely showing how it isn't too uncommon to blame someone else. It is easier that way. You don't have to look at your mistakes.

I am sure Bush blames the Democrats for the final two years of his Presidency... that is stupid too.
    i get that point, and i tend to agree, but i still dont get how not bring up bush, in a conversation that had nothing to do with bush prior to my statement, is in anyway disingenuous.

but while we're at it, besides me getting tired of repetition, i have no problem with obama blaming bush, because when he does, he's actually speaking about things that are bush's fault. what i was complaining about is people blaming obama (or anyone for that matter) for things he had nothing to do with.

the blame game is always annoying, but more tolerable when warranted. obama knew what he was getting into when he took the job. the country was headed in reverse for 8 years, and the public wanted his administration to turn it full speed ahead in less than two (an impossible feat). so it makes sense for him to remind the public just how bad the prior situation was (by blaming bush), hoping they'll give him a decent amount of time to keep his promises. its annoying, but it makes sense.

on the other hand, blaming obama for this kid gettin banned, or for the BP spill, ect, just doest make sense.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12