1.    #1  
    Watched this last night and was truly impressed. If you're a fan of Sergio Leone's work (and who isn't) you will LOVE this movie. If you have any taste whatsoever, you will very much like this movie.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Rated 3 stars on netflix.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Rated 3 stars on netflix.
    Wow! Really?

Try watching it for yourself. I'm going to go out on a limb and say anything that forces a netflix subscriber to read makes them uncomfortable.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow! Really?

Try watching it for yourself. I'm going to go out on a limb and say anything that forces a netflix subscriber to read makes them uncomfortable.
    Well that's nicely offensive, since I happen to be an NF subscriber! I'm also an avid reader and watch many foreign movies.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Well that's nicely offensive, since I happen to be an NF subscriber! I'm also an avid reader and watch many foreign movies.
    Then you would be the exception.

The average U.S. movie watcher (thus netflix subscriber) does not tolerate sub-titles well. No insult, just fact.
    Then you would be the exception.

The average U.S. movie watcher (thus netflix subscriber) does not tolerate sub-titles well. No insult, just fact.
    Hmmmmm....I know one other person that I watch them with who has no problem with them.

However, I can see this, my ex always complained when I wanted to watch foreign films as he couldn't keep up with the subtitles.
    By the way, I probably am an exception, I read over 600 words a minute.
  9.    #9  
    You type a lot too.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    nerd ;-)
    You type a lot too.
    LOL! And I'm on my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    nerd ;-)
    ROFL! I prefer geek!
    I would argue that the average person in the US, if not most of the world has been spoon fed entertainment via TV/Movies for so long that a little work (i.e. subtitles) is an anathema. I for one enjoyed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon much more with the subtitles- when they dubbed it the script writer changed a lot of nuance. I am going to watch this movie via netflix- it's the easiest way to get access legitimately.
    I like when you know the foreign language and watch the subtitles and catch any changes or censoring they did!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    I would argue that the average person in the US, if not most of the world has been spoon fed entertainment via TV/Movies for so long that a little work (i.e. subtitles) is an anathema. I for one enjoyed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon much more with the subtitles- when they dubbed it the script writer changed a lot of nuance. I am going to watch this movie via netflix- it's the easiest way to get access legitimately.
    I agree. I would usually much rather watch a subtitled movie than a dubbed movie. Why pay for high-dollar actors whose voices will be dubbed over by low quality actors? It's doesn't make sense. Having said that, I will say that dubbing is often part of the spaghetti western experience so I make a bit of an exception there.

And, for the record Thomas, 100% American and I love very many foreign films.
    Watched this last night and was truly impressed. If you're a fan of Sergio Leone's work (and who isn't) you will LOVE this movie. If you have any taste whatsoever, you will very much like this movie.
    Rented that one a few weeks ago.
    I am a fan of Sergio Leone's work.

And I can't agree with your recommendation. It wasn't terrible - but it did disapoint me. I did not really expect it to be as good as the original - a fun chinese take on it was all I expected. It was slightly amusing IMHO - but far from great.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5