Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, my closest friend is a man. I just won't be put in a mold. Most have this vision of how a woman should be and act. I won't pretend to be different for anyone.
    One of the biggest problems I had with my ex was what he 'expected' me to be. He had this ideal vision in mind of a wife and always wanted to shoehorn me into it. I got really disgusted with being forced to try to fit into the mold!
    Your ex likely didn't (and might never) realize the problem that he was creating with his (possibly implicit) control of others. Its taken me more years than I care to admit to realize the same thing. This ties into "religion" too in that God (I know you don't believe in Him, but bear with me) intends for all humans to have free choice. We would not be loving Him if we were forced into either choosing or rejecting Him. This same principle holds for our relationships here on Earth! Being shoehorned into anything goes completely against our human nature. While I also disagree with your end conclusions about God, I'm glad that your child has a strong mother with a high degree of intelligence and common sense!

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    shoehorn, sounds kinda kinky
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    shoehorn, sounds kinda kinky
    I was getting a little too philosophical. I'm glad to see that the thread quickly returned to the spirit of "provocative debate" for which it was intended.
    Here is a good topic that me at the wife debate...and we ahve two kids, one sides with me, the other with her...go figure.

Which is better...the Mustang or the New Camero?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Your ex likely didn't (and might never) realize the problem that he was creating with his (possibly implicit) control of others. Its taken me more years than I care to admit to realize the same thing. This ties into "religion" too in that God (I know you don't believe in Him, but bear with me) intends for all humans to have free choice. We would not be loving Him if we were forced into either choosing or rejecting Him. This same principle holds for our relationships here on Earth! Being shoehorned into anything goes completely against our human nature. While I also disagree with your end conclusions about God, I'm glad that your child has a strong mother with a high degree of intelligence and common sense!

--
    Bob
    Sons assessment: Mom, you're nuts, but very cool!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Here is a good topic that me at the wife debate...and we ahve two kids, one sides with me, the other with her...go figure.

Which is better...the Mustang or the New Camero?

lancer
    then the gti
    xb

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    ^^^it wasnt about foreign vs domestic...and lancer was not an option. DOH!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    One of the biggest problems I had with my ex was what he 'expected' me to be. He had this ideal vision in mind of a wife and always wanted to shoehorn me into it. I got really disgusted with being forced to try to fit into the mold!
    What was it he "expected" that you refused to be?

(And the reason I ask is that my wife and I have this conversation from time to time, but it's normally what she expects of a husband...)
  10.    #70  
    Its not about changing, i think verwon is right... noone can EXPECT anyone to change.. no one likes to be forced to do anything, especially change.

However there are likes and dislikes of each person in the marriage that EACH has to take into consideration, some may be borderline maddening... usually, however, these minor moaddening things get corrected, without force.

Once someone sees that youre willing to truly put up with their garbage , they will tend to bend themselves FOR you, not YOU BENDING them.

I have a simpler solution, no more relationships! Then, I no longer have to worry about any of it!
  12.    #72  
    well than... that answers that... LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    What was it he "expected" that you refused to be?

(And the reason I ask is that my wife and I have this conversation from time to time, but it's normally what she expects of a husband...)
    If it was any one thing, it wouldn't have been such a problem, but there were many things he didn't like about me and wanted me to change.

And when I tried, it was never enough, there was always more.
    I have a simpler solution, no more relationships! Then, I no longer have to worry about any of it!
    Bah, Humbug!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    well than... that answers that... LoL
    Exactly! I have exactly what I want, with no complications.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Bah, Humbug!
    ROFL! It's made my life a lot easier!
  17.    #77  

and the best part...

a lifetime supply of

Nope, even the Doritos don't make it worth it!

They tried to do that to me once on Twitter, didn't work then, ain't gonna work now!

<Single, staying that way!!! I'll keep what I have, thanks!
  19.    #79  
    whew... thank goodness, almost made that mistake for the second time
    My policy is to learn from my mistakes, not repeat them!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast