Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    my girlfriend surprised me by coming home early. She wanted to tell me were going to be having a baby. 4 hours and 3 tests later.. Apparently I'm going o be a father for the first time, here in about 8 months. I reacted kinda like the double rainbow guy. "OMG, OMG your pregnate, pregnate... What does this mean... OMG..."
    CONGRATS!!!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Awesome! Congrats! Now do the right thing and set up a home for that child to grow up and nurture in!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I shall just say congrats and exit with the rest of my cynicism!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Even though you're for the Ground Zero mosque, congrats.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Congrats man! Don't worry, they'll drive you nuts and do things where you want to kill them, but <insert whoever you believe in, or science> had a reason to make them look like you, only cuter.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Congrats! You better not let them get an Android phone!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks all!
    I'm super super excited. We have a nice home set up for it(We like it at least), Me and Anne have been together for 9 years this past July 4th actually.
    She is a general manager at a rather busy restaurant...(chuck e cheese, baby lucked out eh?). I've been doing tech support for the same company for years and will be going back to school in the spring(boy its looking like a busy spring).
    It was hardly a accident, we discussed last year and have been kinda trying since then. But as much as you discuss it, are you ever really ready to hear
    "I'm gonna look like a whale" What!?!...Why baby? "Because I'm pregnant"
    She had to go back in for some interviews, so I went picked up her favorite Olive Garden meal and a few "user manuals" for us to look over.

I don't think we need to get married to have this child, and while I have asked Anne how she feels, She respects my position. And has never told me it's important to her. I am agnostic, and a union blessed by a god I am not sure in has no appeal to me. Every person in my family who has been married has been divorced. My parents made it 17 years.

We are more than halfway there already without the paper. I don't think fear of legal repercussions will enhance our relationship in any way what-so ever. And I certainly don't feel as though We are breaking a rule.

A father is more than a last name, so is a mother. Our child will grow up with 2 loving parents, no matter what the future holds.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/10/2010 at 05:28 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Me and Anne have been together for 9 years.

I don't think fear of legal repercussions will enhance our relationship in any way what-so ever.
    Do you know if there is common law marriage in NY? I'm in Calif and they don't recognize that sort of thing here, but they might there. You should look into it from a legal standpoint, even if you don't want to go the religious route...
    Congrats. Its always nice to know another potential webOS user is on the way.

Also don't forget to let him/her know to "pet a Muslim" every now and then. ;-)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Do you know if there is common law marriage in NY? I'm in Calif and they don't recognize that sort of thing here, but they might there. You should look into it from a legal standpoint, even if you don't want to go the religious route...
    They do not. We have lived in several states and I've checked them all. Ohio's law is for marriages prior to 1991. So we are not "common-law".

Congratulations
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Congrats, children are a wonderful thing, it will def change your life!

My SO and I aren't married either, 7+ years and a 6 yo and we're doing just fine. You might want to think about giving each other power of Attorney in case of emergencies though.
    Congratulations sir! Well done!

...as far as the topic of marriage goes...if the both of you don't care then I doubt it much matters depending on what your life plans are.

In my experience it can make certain things much easier (in a legal way)..such as when my wife and I immigrated here if I hadn't been married to her the red tape would have been much much more astronomical then it was.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  15.    #15  
    A power of Attorney is something we have discussed in the past. Neither of us has objections, we have just been lazy i suppose.

As far as immigrating, we both have said we would move to Canada, if Palin is elected President. But in the end, we're pretty sure the fallout will spread north anyways... we'd rather die near our families.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw_2112 View Post
    Congrats, children are a wonderful thing, it will def change your life!

My SO and I aren't married either, 7+ years and a 6 yo and we're doing just fine. You might want to think about giving each other power of Attorney in case of emergencies though.
    What? And your 6 yo is a puppy killing devil worshiping terrist right?

All you need is love.

Of course I was joking.

congrats!
    As far as immigrating, we both have said we would move to Canada, if Palin is elected President. But in the end, we're pretty sure the fallout will spread north anyways... we'd rather die near our families.
    That's funny you should say that. My wife was just saying the other day that she would move us back to Canada if that wing nut was elected to the top job....but we both came to the same conclusion you did, escape would only buy time, not safety :-)
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Congrats, Wish the best for you and yours.
    A power of Attorney is something we have discussed in the past. Neither of us has objections, we have just been lazy i suppose.

Also important to take care of wills, home ownership, rights to pension plans, etc. No only for each other, but also for the child.

Congratulations, Mister.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast