Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    get her "the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy." my wife loved it and it's pretty funny, and very practical. Congrats and good luck. When we all get our Pre 2's save your old phone, put some kiddie apps on it and you have a great entertainment device when you go to a restaurant.
    Congratulations!!! Very exciting time for you! ....and we gain another forum member!
    Congratulations, I remember it was a little scary at first thinking about becoming a parent, but now that both of my kids are out of college and grown up, I would not trade the parenthood for anything.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    get her "the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy." my wife loved it and it's pretty funny, and very practical. Congrats and good luck. When we all get our Pre 2's save your old phone, put some kiddie apps on it and you have a great entertainment device when you go to a restaurant.
    Will do, I actually have a second unused pre in the house.
    I have been teaching myself how to use eclipse and ares so I can start developing apps my self.

I am about 1/3rd of the way through a app called "Feed the Pig" My girlfriend loves guinea pigs and I thought it would be cool for her to have an app that lets her see random pics and videos from Youtube. She has a Pixi.

I hope to make an app just for him. I say him, because I have NO idea how I'll handle a her.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    my girlfriend surprised me by coming home early. She wanted to tell me were going to be having a baby. 4 hours and 3 tests later.. Apparently I'm going o be a father for the first time, here in about 8 months. I reacted kinda like the double rainbow guy. "OMG, OMG your pregnate, pregnate... What does this mean... OMG..."
    CONGRATS!!!

Although if it was me, I'd look like your avatar.

Given what I know of you from your posts, I'm glad you're procreating!
    In some states you can register as domestic partners to take care of most of the legal stuff. It should give you almost all of the legal benefits of marriage. You wouldn't have to worry about being barred from making medical decisions for each other and the baby. Plus all the financial issues.

We all know some folks are barred from legal marriage. I think it would be cool if everyone switched over to Domestic Partnerships for the legal issues, then added a religious ceremony if that is important to you.

I doubt many people would do it though.

Congratulations on pregnancy.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Congratulations! Fatherhood is an extraordinarily profound experience, it's just awesome.
    "What to Expect when your Expecting" helped my wife and I tremendously before our daughter was born, and we were both completely ignorant about ANYTHING related to parenting. Our daughter started first grade last week, and holding her hand walking to the bus stop is the best part of my day....
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Congratulations! Try not to think about it too much, but be prepared for the possibility of the political genes skipping a generation!
    FrankenPre2!!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    CONGRATS!!!

Although if it was me, I'd look like your avatar.

Given what I know of you from your posts, I'm glad you're procreating!
    I went all double rainbow for a bit. And I almost threw up. Ever see idiocracy?

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    In some states you can register as domestic partners to take care of most of the legal stuff. It should give you almost all of the legal benefits of marriage. You wouldn't have to worry about being barred from making medical decisions for each other and the baby. Plus all the financial issues.

We all know some folks are barred from legal marriage. I think it would be cool if everyone switched over to Domestic Partnerships for the legal issues, then added a religious ceremony if that is important to you.

I doubt many people would do it though.

Congratulations on pregnancy.
    good call, we will look into it. Obviously, we have more to think about than ourselves now. Which kinda sucks now that I think about it, HP you need to hurry up before the extent of the $$$ we need to spend getting ready dawns on us!

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Congratulations! Try not to think about it too much, but be prepared for the possibility of the political genes skipping a generation!
    I can see that happening actually. Me and Anne share a lot of beliefs, but there is no lack of discussion around our home. What I won't stand for is not having a healthy respect for the Dead Kennedys and Operation IVY. He can be a republican, he can't like country.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    +1 to the phone. My kid currently has my old 700P, and "plays" Bejeweled on it.
    Congrats!

I love kids. Always wanted a kid... too young though >.<.
    A power of Attorney is something we have discussed in the past. Neither of us has objections, we have just been lazy i suppose.

As far as immigrating, we both have said we would move to Canada, if Palin is elected President. But in the end, we're pretty sure the fallout will spread north anyways... we'd rather die near our families.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    That's funny you should say that. My wife was just saying the other day that she would move us back to Canada if that wing nut was elected to the top job....but we both came to the same conclusion you did, escape would only buy time, not safety :-)
    You guys do realize we have harper right? His plan is to make us as much like the states as possible.

That's why I care who gets elected in the states, it affects my country a significant amount.

Almost forgot, congratulations on the kid.. Do you have any names in mind?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    You guys do realize we have harper right? His plan is to make us as much like the states as possible.

That's why I care who gets elected in the states, it affects my country a significant amount.

Almost forgot, congratulations on the kid.. Do you have any names in mind?
    I've been trying to convice her to do a lottery to start a college fund. $5 tickets, 9 months to sell them. Hold a blind drawing to determine the name. She said no when i tried to pre pay for "Jello","dishwasher" and "Dr. Chud".

Yeah, you guys have Harper, but if palin is elected, we would have a harpy. and that's all folks g'nite!

I don't think we need to get married to have this child, and while I have asked Anne how she feels, She respects my position. And has never told me it's important to her. I am agnostic, and a union blessed by a god I am not sure in has no appeal to me.
    I don't think marriage is any sort of requirement to having a child, but I don't think any sort of god is a requirement to being married either (from a civil perspective). The main advantage to it is in easing succession and property rights.

Oh, and congratulations!
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Tell her its hers and ditch
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I don't think we need to get married to have this child, and while I have asked Anne how she feels, She respects my position. And has never told me it's important to her. I am agnostic, and a union blessed by a god I am not sure in has no appeal to me. Every person in my family who has been married has been divorced. My parents made it 17 years.

We are more than halfway there already without the paper. I don't think fear of legal repercussions will enhance our relationship in any way what-so ever. And I certainly don't feel as though We are breaking a rule.

A father is more than a last name, so is a mother. Our child will grow up with 2 loving parents, no matter what the future holds.

This made me Smile.
    Congrats to you guys! I don't necessarily not believe in marriage but I will definatly not make it a priority anytime soon in my life!
    Good luck to you guys!

<---------- Babies are Amazing gifts!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12