1.    #1  
    This may come as a shock to some, but I don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3. Thats right, I have the original Xbox. Anyways, I found what I hope is a good deal on a used 360 at a local Game Xchange. They have a used 360 with a wired controller for $99. This sounds a little to good to be true. would an Xbox 360 this cheap be a total ripoff? Does this great deal include a red ringed system? Should I go for it? I have a bunch of games I can trade in for store credit that would greatly reduce the price further which is why I want to go with Game Xchange. Thanks.
    <<Thread Moved/Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I don't think it's a rip-off. Last year, I could pick up refurbished wireless 360's from game stores here for $129 and I got mine for that amount. Now that the new 360's have been released it wouldn't be surprising to see the old version dropping to $99. You do have to be careful of those old versions overheating - so make sure you find out if you get any type of warranty. Buying a used device is a lot different than getting a refurbished/rebuilt one.

Good luck!
    Be careful about used 360s, if it isn't certified or a warranty isn't included by the seller it could have multiple things wrong with it.

First it could have the red ring, or it could've had the red ring and they used the "towel" method to made it last a little longer to sell it. And if it's an older system, before they ironed out the first set of red ring issues, it'll probably red ring in a few months to a year anyway.

Additionally the previous owner could've played pirated games and got caught, which causes a perma-ban to be placed on the console, so you could never go online again.

If you feel you can trust the seller. $99 is somewhat a reasonable price. I bought an Arcade version last year for that (new), not counting the $100 gift card that I had to buy with it.

If you can stand to wait a little longer, you can expect the price for the base model to drop again, and if your interested in 'Kinect' you might be able to pick a bundle up around Christmas or black Friday for a good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Be careful about used 360s, if it isn't certified or a warranty isn't included by the seller it could have multiple things wrong with it.

First it could have the red ring, or it could've had the red ring and they used the "towel" method to made it last a little longer to sell it. And if it's an older system, before they ironed out the first set of red ring issues, it'll probably red ring in a few months to a year anyway.

Additionally the previous owner could've played pirated games and got caught, which causes a perma-ban to be placed on the console, so you could never go online again...
    for all these reasons you'd be wise to find online one of the discontinued models that are warrantied -- they go for approx $150
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)