Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 402
  1.    #1  
    Instead of trying to be insulting and provocative, what if we lived up to our idealistic heritage as Americans and were welcoming and inviting?

    As a Christian, I am insulted and embarrassed by those who want to burn the Quran or deny other faiths a place to meet and worship. I believe that Jesus would rather have me get to know more Muslims than see them as stereotypes. We can be much more influential with grace than with arrogance.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Instead of trying to be insulting and provocative, what if we lived up to our idealistic heritage as Americans and were welcoming and inviting?

    As a Christian, I am insulted and embarrassed by those who want to burn the Quran or deny other faiths a place to meet and worship. I believe that Jesus would rather have me get to know more Muslims than see them as stereotypes. We can be much more influential with grace than with arrogance.
    As a non-Muslim and a non-Christian, why not just stop fixating on a person's religion, be it Muslim, Christianity, or whatever. Why not just take the person out to lunch, just because you like him, rather than take him to lunch because of his religious persuasion?

    There. I got this off my chest. You will hear no more from me on this topic, especially on a forum devoted to webOS devices.
  3. #3  
    The Twin Towers were "welcoming" and "inviting". There was a shopping mall at the bottom and a restaurant at the top (called Windows on the World).

    Anybody was welcome to visit and enjoy.

    You know how that turned out.
  4. #4  
    You know i agree with u about not insulting other religions and all. The thing the ticks me off is that where are these Muslim countries when a Muslim mother in IRAN is going to be stoned to death???Where is their out rage??? Its never a problem when it come to Muslims on Muslim violence....but burning a book lets burn flags protest etc etc.
  5. #5  
    they'd bomb the cafe.....

    that was a baaaad joke. Sorry.
  6. #6  
    the level of hypocrisy from the mulim quarter regarding this book burning is as bad as the book burning itself. not making excuses for this moron and his flock in florida, but they seem to think that no matter what they do regarding other religions is perfectly all right. do not dare do anything to thier little religion though. Saying that, this ***** in florida who has the freedom of expression etc etc to do this should be shaken violently until either his brains fall out or he comes to realize just what he is about to do to the rest of the world.. IF someone gets killed over this, he should be held responsible, criminally. lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    The Twin Towers were "welcoming" and "inviting". There was a shopping mall at the bottom and a restaurant at the top (called Windows on the World).

    Anybody was welcome to visit and enjoy.

    You know how that turned out.
    Not sure what point you're making here.

  8.    #8  
    I think he's saying that everyone was "welcome" to come and enjoy the World Trade Center, and it was bombed - that we were wasting the welcome on people who didn't respect it.

    But I would disagree - just because you have a front door doesn't mean you are welcoming. I'm talking about going out of our way to make friends with people from different cultures.

    The radical fundamentalist elements of any culture/religion/political group will always find ways to hate and be a problem. Let's reach out to the vast majority of Muslims who are themselves embarrassed by this inflammatory rhetoric (from all sides) and show the world that human beings can treat each other civilly.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Not sure what point you're making here.

    Seriously?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I think he's saying that everyone was "welcome" to come and enjoy the World Trade Center, and it was bombed - that we were wasting the welcome on people who didn't respect it.


    Btw, it was a helluva lot more than "bombed".
  11. #11  
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Not sure what point you're making here.

    His point was to blame all Muslims for the activities that took place on 9/11. That, of course, makes him no better than the radical Muslims who are claiming that all Americans want to burn the Quaran. Religious extremism is no more representative of Islam than it is of Christianity.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    His point was to blame all Muslims for the activities that took place on 9/11. That, of course, makes him no better than the radical Muslims who are claiming that all Americans want to burn the Quaran. Religious extremism is no more representative of Islam than it is of Christianity.
    Activities???
  14. #14  
    I'll strike the first match.......
  15. #15  
    Large font and semantics do not change the fact that a small radical group of extremists were responsible for 9/11, just like the small group of radical extremists that murder abortion doctors. While the scale is different, both are wrong...and are NOT representative of the religion as a whole.
  16. #16  
    I think we should strike back at this Quran burning Preacher and burn his yearbook!
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Large font and semantics do not change the fact that a small radical group of extremists were responsible for 9/11, just like the small group of radical extremists that murder abortion doctors. While the scale is different, both are wrong...and are NOT representative of the religion as a whole.
    No, just 10 percent of them... that's what? A couple hundred million? No biggee?

    If there were that many radical abortion doctor murderers, we'd be done with the abortion debate by now.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, just 10 percent of them... that's what? A couple hundred million? No biggee?

    If there were that many radical abortion doctor murderers, we'd be done with the abortion debate by now.
    10 percent? Welcome to the pulling numbers outta our butts Show...

    Here's your host, Micael!

    Should we count the deaths at Jonestown? How about the suicides from priest molestations? How about the people burned at the stake as heretics? How about those killed in christian death-camps in Croatia? DO they count?

    If your point is there are more Muslim followers today than christian and that's why there is more fundamentalists, I see your point... if you are insinuating Islam is home to more murders than Christianity because of the teachings, you are DEAD WRONG.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/09/2010 at 09:47 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, just 10 percent of them... that's what? A couple hundred million? No biggee?

    If there were that many radical abortion doctor murderers, we'd be done with the abortion debate by now.
    That would be around 160 million which is the population of Pakistan
  20. #20  
    Can't you religious types put the daggers away for a few minutes?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions