Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I saw somewhere that there was a "Take a Negro to lunch day." Is that offer still valid? I'm hungry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    But I'd also like to see Muslims take a "first step" to smooth things over and ease tensions. Building that mosque somewhere else would be a nice place to start. I'm just saying...
    Do you really want that? Because the Park51/Cordoba House project is precisely that: a place conceived and designed to promote healing and understanding between people of all faiths.

(You know, the "Ground Zero mosque" that's not a mosque and isn't at Ground Zero, the one opening on September 11 that never was opening that day . . . [insert additional haters' lies and smears here]?)

Yet for some reason you're opposed to that project. Maybe you should consider making a contribution instead.

Incidentally, there's a prayer area for Muslims inside the Pentagon, a building that was also attacked on 9/11. (It's been there for years, because--surprise!--Muslims serve our country too.) Where's the massive self-righteous breast-beating on behalf of those who died at the Pentagon and those who still work there, having to tolerate the presence of all those disturbing Muslims?

But we can all sleep more easily now that Sufis--practitioners of a strain of Islam that's as far from the Wahhabism of the 9/11 murderers as you can get--are being harassed and assaulted in upstate New York.

It was not so long ago that my own immigrant forebears were discriminated against, ridiculed, caricatured, and stereotyped for their religion/ethnicity. What short memories we have. Rather than take pleasure in the fact that others are now taking a beating, I refuse to believe the lies and play that game.
    Last edited by grappler; 09/10/2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    All great points. It still doesn't remove the fact that many of those hurt by 9/11 are uncomfortable about this building/mosque/community center/whatever you want to call it. Pushing forward with the project does not indicate a sensitivity towards those feelings, or towards the people who have them. Say what you will about rights, intent, motivations, etc.

The left is so well versed on PC, you'd think they'd get it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    ....the Park51/Cordoba House project is precisely that: a place conceived and designed to promote healing and understanding between people of all faiths.
    Gullible - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    All great points. It still doesn't remove the fact that many of those hurt by 9/11 are uncomfortable about this building/mosque/community center/whatever you want to call it. Pushing forward with the project does not indicate a sensitivity towards those feelings, or towards the people who have them. Say what you will about rights, intent, motivations, etc.

The left is so well versed on PC, you'd think they'd get it.
    Throughout most of the planning of Park51, there was not a peep of protest about the project. The founding imam declared that the project was to push back against the extremists. It was publicly supported by Jewish leaders, the mayor's office, the mother of a man killed on 9/11 and the FBI--remember that their counter-terrorism office near the WTC was destroyed and agents were killed--because the imam had done work with the agency.

Laura Ingraham, as conservative as they come, had the imam's wife on Bill O'Reilly's show when she was subbing for O'Reilly. "I can't find many people who really have a problem with it," Ingraham said about the project at on the show, adding at the end of the interview, "I like what you're trying to do."

So what happened? This:

Monster Mosque Pushes Ahead in Shadow of World Trade Center Islamic Death and Destruction - Atlas Shrugs

(Who wrote that headline? The Onion staff?)

This is the same woman, by the way, who claimed that Malcolm X was President Obama's father. (Yeah, you read that right.) She later retreated from that claim, realizing that the claim conflicted with her other view that the President isn't a citizen.

Then it was only a matter of time before lie-filled extravaganzas like this:

Beck, Geller push falsehood that Ground Zero "mosque" will open on September 11 | Media Matters for America

But now that we're all so well-versed on the haters' duplicity, you'd think we'd get it.
    Oh, snap!

Gullible? It ain't me who believes all the steaming bull**** being spewed about this non-issue.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    there is no spoon
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    there is no spoon
    There is no response either, apparently. Whatev.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    There is no response either, apparently. Whatev.
    I gave it just as much attention as you gave to my previous post. Rather than respond to it, you post left-wing articles? Like I'm going to try and respond to Media Matters? lol
    I gave it just as much attention as you gave to my previous post. Rather than respond to it, you post left-wing articles? Like I'm going to try and respond to Media Matters? lol
    If you don't see my post as a response to yours, that's your problem. I wrote a response and included two links to back up what I wrote. The first link is direct from the horse's mouth, dude, and the Media Matters link is nothing but a YouTube of Fox News, also the horse's mouth. Lame.

So, about the Pentagon . . . and the mosque that's closer to Ground Zero than the newly proposed center . . . Care to spoon up a response to either of those points? Laura Ingraham? Bueller?

Is there a yawning emoticon?

*crickets*
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, my responding with 'there is no spoon' was right on target. That's in effect your stance, not mine. Essentially you're saying my point was invalid because said feelings were a myth.

Sorry if you missed the obvious connection.
    I'll respond by saying not only should we not allow the new mosque but we should relocate the existing one.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Its really hard to trust the Imams and all when they could be very well be involved......and i'm not just pulling this out of me *****...here is the proof lets start with Najibull Zazi and his pose who was an imam in Queens....then we come to the big fish Council on American-Islamic Relations aka CAIR read all the arrest this "caring" organization had.
    I tried to get a catholic church removed from my neighborhood years ago due to the terrorist actions of the Catholic terrorist group called the IRA. No one seemed to see the clear connection between the Catholics in my neighborhood and the ones blowing up my brothers in England on the other side of the planet. I even tried burning bibles to teach them all a lesson but for some reason everyone thought I was a nut job....go figure.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/10/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I tried to get a catholic church removed from my neighborhood years ago due to the terrorist actions of the Catholic terrorist group called the IRA. No one seemed to see the clear connection between the Catholics in my neighborhood and the ones blowing up my brothers in England on the other side of the planet. I even tired burning bibles to teach them all a lesson but for some reason everyone thought I was a nut job....go figure.
    Equating those that are against the building of the mosque with the nut-job in Florida. Nice tactic. You get 20 points.
    Actually, my responding with 'there is no spoon' was right on target. That's in effect your stance, not mine. Essentially you're saying my point was invalid because said feelings were a myth.

Sorry if you missed the obvious connection.
    Nope. I'm saying that a lot of those feelings were deliberately stoked by an organized disinformation campaign and are therefore not based on the true facts of the case, and that (as I'm sure you would agree) infringing on freedoms, especially those of minorities, in the name of avoiding "uncomfortable feelings" is a pretty dangerous direction to go in.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I'll respond by saying not only should we not allow the new mosque but we should relocate the existing one.
    Who is "we," exactly?
    Who is "we," exactly?
    The Royal we, as in I, as in him (only)?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    I saw somewhere that there was a "Take a Negro to lunch day." Is that offer still valid? I'm hungry...
    I'm in, does Romio's sound good?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Large font and semantics do not change the fact that a small radical group of extremists were responsible for 9/11, just like the small group of radical extremists that murder abortion doctors. While the scale is different, both are wrong...and are NOT representative of the religion as a whole.
    Wow....look at me agreeing with Davidra on something...thank you Davidra for not pointing the finger at all Christains! It's like the eco-whacko who tried to bomb the Discovery Channel building. Should we blame Al Gore for this nut job believing Gore's false information? Of course not....he was just one crazy dude.

While the whacko minister has the "right" under the Constitution to burn the Koran (or say, a group to build a Mosgue/civic center where they want), I think it is quite wrong to do this as it accomplishes nothing other than getting one group ticked off. Hmmm....it would be nice if Muslims thought the same way as well....just saying. I think someone else mentioned this somewhere in a post I read today, but funny how we feel we must bend over backwards to not offend certain groups, but then like to look in the opposite direction when those groups don't offer the same consideration.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast