Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I'm curious, I wonder why all the passengers on the planes just didn't try and be nice to the hijackers. If they were just more understood this could have never happened? Maybe if someone had taken them to lunch, they wouldn't have wanted to kill thousands of people and themselves.
    Putting aside the questionable taste of that comment, nobody here is disputing that the Al Qaeda members on those planes were the scum of the earth, or that, as you suggested in a prior post, we should be rooting out other fanatical murderers of their ilk (a la Micael, I'll ask where in this thread anybody suggested either of those things).

What we are disputing is that "Muslim" = "Terrorist."

Seems pretty simple to me.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I'm not sure why you think its okay to hold a grudge against an entire religion for the actions of a few either way.
    I didn't say it was okay or not. You started admonishing us for discrimination and offered that up as proof. I'm still waiting to see where anyone here has called for discrimination.
    In my book that's simply wrong. My Parents always taught me that one should be held accountable for their own actions. You may think its okay, so ill give it a try too...
    There you go again... "actions". A grudge is not an action. Acting on it and discriminating because of it, that's an action. Perhaps thats what you're talking about? But I've seen no calls to action here for that.
    I'm not petting my neighbors dog at all this afternoon, cause all dogs are bad. One peed on my favorite shoes when I was 12.

I'll report back if it makes me feel better.
    Are you saying we should start petting muslims?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    So, in fact, you *did* understand his post. Thanks for finally agreeing.
    Ah, so you *did* understand my response to his post. Thanks for finally agreeing.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Putting aside the questionable taste of that comment, nobody here is disputing that the Al Qaeda members on those planes were the scum of the earth, or that, as you suggested in a prior post, we should be rooting out other fanatical murderers of their ilk (a la Micael, I'll ask where in this thread anybody suggested either of those things).

What we are disputing is that "Muslim" = "Terrorist."

Seems pretty simple to me.
    Are you disputing that the "Terrorists" in question = "Muslim"?

Or are you just saying it's not relevant?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I didn't say it was okay or not. You started admonishing us for discrimination and offered that up as proof. I'm still waiting to see where anyone here has called for discrimination.
    Turns out you can call for discrimination without "calling for discrimination." Language is interesting like that.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ah, so you *did* understand my response to his post. Thanks for finally agreeing.
    Random. Never claimed to not understand your response. I asked if you were serious. Nice try though.
    Random. Never claimed to not understand your response. I asked if you were serious. Nice try though.
    Micael, the radicals are always going to read more words in what we say than what we actually mean. Think of them as being similar to one of us women having a mood swing!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Turns out you can call for discrimination without "calling for discrimination." Language is interesting like that.
    Do you always make up the rules as you go along? Calling for it without calling for it. Amazing stuff. What else can you do?
    Are you disputing that the "Terrorists" in question = "Muslim"?

Or are you just saying it's not relevant?
    Neither.

It's a point of simple logic that even if all terrorists were Muslims (a fairly ridiculous idea, but hey), it is fallacious to assert on that basis that all Muslims are terrorists.

So--is the fact that the cold-hearted killers of 9/11 were Muslim "relevant" to whether or not we might consider being welcoming and opening a dialogue with the Muslims we encounter every day in our own lives, otherwise known as the topic of this thread?

No.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Neither.

It's a point of simple logic that even if all terrorists were Muslims (a fairly ridiculous idea, but hey), it is fallacious to assert on that basis that all Muslims are terrorists.

So--is the fact that the cold-hearted killers of 9/11 were Muslim "relevant" to whether or not we might consider being welcoming and opening a dialogue with the Muslims we encounter every day in our own lives, otherwise known as the topic of this thread?

No.
    lol. I give. I'm not even sure I can fathom all of what you just said. is it friday yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Micael, the radicals are always going to read more words in what we say than what we actually mean. Think of them as being similar to one of us women having a mood swing!
    "The radicals."
    Jones just cancelled the Koran burning, supposedly after getting a guarantee that the Trade Center Muslim Center will be moved.
    There you go again... "actions". A grudge is not an action. Acting on it and discriminating because of it, that's an action. Perhaps thats what you're talking about? But I've seen no calls to action here for that.
    Are you saying we should start petting muslims?
    I wouldn't mind being petted sometime :-)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Jones just cancelled the Koran burning, supposedly after getting a guarantee that the Trade Center Muslim Center will be moved.
    Is it april 1st?
    "The radicals."
    How radical, not buying into the religious prejudices some are selling.... Better get on the right side.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_711159.html

Well, that's nice of him to cancel. I hope they don't move the Mosque though. One side says a deal was made, the other denies.....

"You aren't responsible for Quran burners. Don't hold Muslims responsible for 9/11,"
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/09/2010 at 04:43 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Is it april 1st?
    He is a total nut job. He announced that he had arranged a deal with the imam in NYC; turns out nobody from up there has even spoken with him. Supposedly a local Imam said he would TRY to set up a meeting between the two of them, but basically the guy is just backing down after garnering tons of attention. His history of running a church in Germany is worth looking at. This guy is not only an extremist, but he's a major loser as well. Or is that redundant?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    He is a total nut job. He announced that he had arranged a deal with the imam in NYC; turns out nobody from up there has even spoken with him. Supposedly a local Imam said he would TRY to set up a meeting between the two of them, but basically the guy is just backing down after garnering tons of attention. His history of running a church in Germany is worth looking at. This guy is not only an extremist, but he's a major loser as well. Or is that redundant?
    Well at least he called it off.
    Well at least he called it off.
  19.    #139  
    "I have a rocket launcher.

You are now an invalid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    "I have a rocket launcher.

You are now an invalid."
    Let me rephrase,

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast